Reviews for The Road Ahead
Analyn 100 chapter 8 . 10/29/2003
Well that was a rather cryptic chapter.
Analyn 100 chapter 7 . 10/29/2003
What? What happened to the Evenstar's jewel necklace that she gave to him?
Baranwyn chapter 16 . 10/29/2003
nice! (short but sweet review) s'pose we'll find out soon what it was like after he left. loving the story, update soon
Baranwyn chapter 15 . 10/24/2003
very nice, it's nice to have mr frodo laughing again, he was getting a bit too miserable for me in this one. update soon.
lotrmatrixstarwarsfan chapter 15 . 10/24/2003
the story is so very touching. i never imagined pippin might fight with frodo, but its been most masterfully handled. poor frodo, being called looney baggins and all, a weaker hobbit would never have survived it. and the feeling of not belonging anywhere must be so terrible. hope the poor guy feels better soon. and a reconciliation with pippin is in order (hopefully on the cards in the near future). after all, pippin certainly needs some counsel on his marriage. please do update soon.
heartofahobbit chapter 11 . 10/10/2003
Your writing brings the poetic force of my image of Frodo to the fore...I think that "coming back" for him would never bring him peace...just as "going away" never brought him peace...your Molly is right on the mark with her comments...the agony and depression he suffers from will only be dealt with when it's shadow is faced and a brighter light enables him to see the goodness that one small life is always capable of bestowing...what a wonderful way to think of overcoming obstacles in our path! Your writing is thought provoking and

full of images which which make me wish I had your skill in turning pictures to words...and back again! Thank you!
Gentle Hobbit chapter 9 . 10/6/2003
I read this story some time ago and appreciated it very much then - the topic, the style, the care with which you portray the characters. I am glad that I am having the chance to read it again - especially since I'm not sure if I ever reached the end the first time around.

Thank you for reposting it!
heartofahobbit chapter 9 . 10/5/2003
How wonderfully expressive...I really like the bitterness that Pippin expresses...I always wondered how Frodo's leaving would have affected those who nearly gave their lives, and certainly gave their innocence, in the years after he had left. It seemed that all the hobbits in the fellowship suffered and while Frodo certainly was by far the most damaged...Merry, Pippin and Sam bore their own scars...
Keya chapter 9 . 10/5/2003
Ok, I understand everything now, thanks. I loved the new additions. I also liked the twist with Pippin, that not everyone would welcome frodo back merrily.
heartofahobbit chapter 6 . 10/1/2003
Excellent characterizations...you have the mannerisms and differential way of speaking from Sam to Frodo just perfect...I wouldn't think any could do better! I am very interested in you concept of "the rest of the story"...we all, I am certain...at least in the world of LOTR fandom, hoped that Frodo would find "more"...of course it was always assumed the "more" meant he'd find his fulfillment in Tol Eressa..."meaning no disrespect" ( as Sam would say)...but perhaps the fulfillment of a hobbit is more a life of substance...and less a life of ideals than that of the elves...great premise for the story...I am following with great interest!
Keya Wayume chapter 4 . 9/27/2003
I really like is so far, though, I am a bit confused. Who was the person at the begining?
WhiteRose101 chapter 4 . 9/27/2003
I've been looking for a fanfic of this kind for ever! You right as though you were J.R.R. Tolkien yourself.

I can't wait until Frodo sees Merry and Pippin!
Senni chapter 3 . 9/25/2003
Very interesting. I usually don't like fics where Frodo comes back, but this one is very good so far. Keep it up!
ShireDweller chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
How wonderful that you are putting this up again! I thought it was a fine story the first time, and greatly look forward to reading a *new and improved* version.
alleajandra chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
Wow...that was seriously one of the best fics I've ever read. While I was reading it, I felt the same emotion I felt when I read the ending of RotK so long ago. Sort of like my insides were breaking and that I could feel exactly what the character was feeling. I think you really captured what Frodo felt (in the form of a different hobbit, of course) before he left for the Gray Havens...Amazing job!
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4