Reviews for Mourning Moment
Eru-chan chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Lovely. *wipes eyes*
DarkAngelKami chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Well, I'm not wild about the pairing, especially considering how Mu Bai has just died and it took her years to get over her fiance. But I admit that it is somewhat realistic. Sometimes, in times of great sorrow, people lean to people they would never have imagined being with before. Your writing is beautiful. So emotional and you captured the characters perfectly. The clarity of the writing is brilliant. I also love the the recurring statement of how it isn't the worst moment of her life.

Awesome work :)
Ellen Fitzwilliam Brandybuck chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Very well done. I hated Jen actually...forgive me but she was spoiled rotten and deserved to die...
Rah-la chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Your descriptions of Lo just capture him perfectly.

I never even considered this pairing (it caught me by surprise) but it's an interesting thought. It's just a beautiful piece all around, really well written. _
DarkLightningEnvy chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
Not bad. Of course, i'm not all too fond of the pairing choice. And why on Earth would Shu Lien decide to go with Lo after having JUST lost Li Mu Bai? It took her YEARS to get over her fiance. And she was so in love with Mu Bai..

Also, Chinese houses were styled with a chimney in the kitchen only in Ancient China. So maybe moving that scene to the kitchen would be a good idea?

The writing captivated me. I love your portrayl of these characters, even if I don't approve of the pairing. The emotion, even though not directly stated, was quite clear. Very good job in that aspect.

FeatherWind chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
EVIL EVIL NO NO NO! The people they loved have just died and you decide that they'll just forget them and go off happily together? NO NO NO NO NO!
The Jolly Glomper chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
Oh, nice one shot. Very realistic, liked it extremely. I especially like your descriptive style, and the way you described things like Shu Lien's hands.
Drew Rittenkitten chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
Dude, if it took Shu Lien years to get over Meng Si Zhao (her fiance), then why would she go straight to Lo a few days after the tradgedy of her second loves death? Plus the fact that Lien, as a woman, would get a horrible reputation for this act, it being ancient China and all. Another thing, where is this fire coming from? If you were trying to depict a chimney, then it would only be found in the kitchen where the cooking was taken care of. Fires inside Chinese houses were rare because of the fact that they burnt down very easily.

Your writing was very good though. It kept me thoroughly intrigued. There is room for more description. Your rhetoric and symbolism was great though! I'll look forward to looking at your other pieces.
Scorpio Serpent chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
Dont let it end there!
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Good "epilogue" to the film - I really enjoyed this, and maybe the film would have been even better than it was if something like this had been added to the end. :-)
babyb26 chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
Good story
AlexJ chapter 1 . 9/28/2003
Wonderful and powerfully eloquent. I wish there were more CTHD fic :-)