Reviews for Stratagem
RaptorZeroOne chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
It is used as a last name, I doubt gender matters with last names.
GG chapter 13 . 7/21/2013
It's been six years... Not only is this fic excellent, it's also het. That's rare find in the GW section. Here's me praying to whatever dark gods that are listening that you'll also continue this fic.

God I hope so.
lazytologin chapter 13 . 4/17/2010
So, I was searching my old profile for stories that I had favorited (I've been searching for this one amazing GW story) and I stumbled on this again. How could I have forgotton? (I apologize a touch of sarcasm there as it appears you guys haven't updated in a while and that may be what's attributed to my forgetfullness)

Besides that, I'm absolutely in love with your characteization. It's like you extended the series and made a believable story with the Gundam characters. I've spent many a reading having the GW characters be at all ends of the spectrum but this is by far my favorite characterization of them. As of the moment my favorite for right now has to be between Hilde and Cathy who, thanks to their minor roles in the series where never expanded on. Funny, but the way you portray them seems much more real to me then their selves in the series.

Moving on to the coupling, I have to say you are keeping me on my toes. I'm searching all over for hints of where the couples will end. At times I'm biting my nails because the couples I seem to adore (take for example QuatrexDorothy) seem the farthest at other times I'm in tears by how close but how distant a relationship can be (example DuoxHilde). I'm sad to admit but I'm the type who seems to love straight forward relationships but you guys are right. They are teenagers and because of that their feelings are never going to be in linear.

Though on coupling, I've got to say, it may seem strange but I see WufeixRelena and HeeroxRelena (at the moment, you two are very good at turning my observations over and over again each chapter) as the least happening couples (oh dear that didn't make sense did it?). The way you have Wufei put Relena on a pedestal is almost like Heero putting her on a pedestal. And in less Wufei can change (like Heero himself) neither have much of a chance with her. Thanks to the drunk scene and the little scenes with Relena we can see that she's growing slowly.

Then on the note of Relena and Dorothy (oh dear this is turning out to be a very long review isn't it, bare with me it's almost finished), I really do love this relationship the most (not on a Yuri note but as friendship). Relena, besides her inherent charisma and her completely pure heart, may be what Dorothy may have became if her family hadn't been so twisted. Both girls were brought up richly and given many things on a silver platter. Personally, I believe a best friend relationship is as dearly needed between these to as Duo and Heero. Though I think it's the type where they understood each other far more then comfortable and at the same time can't seem to undertand each other very much in their actions. Kind of confusing I suppose, simply put is to say simply Dorothy and Relena don't put each other on pedestals. Though I'm quite curious on those two reacting with the other girls and characters.

That and I'm completely on the edge of my seat as to what the hell Dorothy is up to. (You two may be the most equivocal writers I have ever read). I see it's been three years since you guys updated (I can't say much I haven't updated much of my work in two years myself) but I can be very patient when it comes to reading good work. I await thee with an eager heart.
Bryony chapter 13 . 12/21/2008
Hey hey, I finally got around to finishing this! Can't believe it took me so long, lol. What I like the most about this fic, I think, is that I keep getting flashes that are so vividly linked to the series. In this chapter, Trowa talking tactics - direct link back to episode 1. Having the characters' thoughts written out does the same thing for me. I think it's unusual these days for that much inner monologue to be expressed in writing, but there does seem to be a trope in GW for the characters to express their thoughts like that, either in thought in by talking out loud to themselves. So there are lots of little bits of the fic that I think give a very strong anime feel to the story, which is unique and fun to read. So I hope you do get around to writing more of this eventually. :)
Toki chapter 12 . 9/4/2008
Hey again. Haha. I can tell this is gonna be a long fic. 13 chapters had passed and we're still on day 10. Not your fault though. It's good to include details in a fanfic.

I kinda love your interpretation of Wufei. hehe. XD I actually like him with Relena. Too bad they won't be together in the end. But I'm sure you'll make me like HeeroXRelena as well )
Toki chapter 13 . 9/3/2008
Well...the plot is getting really good now IMO. Hope you can update soon ) I'm expecting that there'll be an update, if your profile is anything to go by ;)

I would love to write more but I really need to sleep now _

PS. Love the character interactions.
Toki chapter 5 . 9/3/2008
Heh heh. I like your deep take on the GW characters. I myself haven't seen the actual anime very much (I watched some years ago). I have the manga, but they're quite short compared to the anime, I think.

A drunken fight. Heh. Figures.

Duo and Hilde. Aw...

Can't say I care much about the virtual game though. I...skimmed through that bit. Then again I really ought to go to sleep. It's very late here. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Toki chapter 4 . 9/3/2008
Haha...you addressed WufeiXCatherine in your note. I agree that in anime, TV shows and the like, we tend to over-exaggerate relationships. I'm to blame for that as well.

I do read review responses. I find them entertaining (mostly).

I love the fortune cookies (and the menu. Duo is such a funny idiot). They add a nice touch to the fic. The zeroes is kinda freaky though...

You guys come up with the best ideas
Toki chapter 3 . 9/3/2008
lol The mental image of Quatre banging his head on a railing is amusing XD

I'm not sure if going to a high school could be classified as a vacation, but I suppose it could, compared to Relena's usual hectic lifestyle.

Poor Quatre is in quite a predicament here. hehe.

And I see hints of WufeiXCathrine in this fic. Not sure I like the idea...but it's your fic. I'm just a slightly picky reader.
Toki chapter 2 . 9/3/2008
Is that woman with Une Dorothy? Heh, it'd be so embarrassing if I got it wrong _;

I love this style of writing
Toki chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Bwahaha! This is so funny! I was small when I saw some of the anime so I don't know when "You can tell by the way I use my walk, I’m a woman’s man, no time to talk” was said. The same goes for “Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive”

Anyways...lol this is really funny. Can't say much about the plot yet, but it's looking good so far. Nice touch with the Gundam toys D
Hopelessromantic721 chapter 13 . 8/21/2008
Oh I know this story is WAY old, but I just wanna submit a review anyway! w This has got to be the COOLEST story ever! Man, so far I laughed, I got tingly feelings in my gut, and I just adored the emotional parts throughout the whole story! I must applaud your work on this and say it was a wonderful read! Although a real bummer seeing I should never see what happens next for Relena and Heero. Oh well, I can dream. Plus whatever happened with Dorothy and Quatre, Duo and Hilde and even Wu fei! Man, SO many people in this story, and I fell in love with them all in this plotline! A real catcher this one was! A million claps for you!
Hopelessromantic721 chapter 4 . 8/18/2008
I have to say, this has is the best Gundam story I have ever read! Its funny, witty, very clever, amusing, and all together brilliant! Even those little hints for couples are wonderful! I cannot wait to read the rest! I'm sure it'll only get better as I read along!
ChilledFlame chapter 4 . 7/7/2008
Finished Ch. 4

Okay I had to gather my thoughts. Strategum is an interesting fic. It has it's ups and downs. There are parts where I'm loving the character interraction...then I'm disappointed the next moment when the story falls into fanfic stereotypes. For instance, I love how Quatre and Wufei communicate and try to look after Heero and Relena's welfare. However, Wufei's character fails around Sally and Duo. I see unwarranted antagonism from Sally and unprovoked bickering from Duo and Wufei. The Chinese Restaraunt scene was the poster-board for fanon Wufei-Duo antagonism.

As much as I disliked Duo and Wufei's scenes... that was how much I loved Relena and Dorothy's moments. I'm very picky when it comes to Dorothy, and she passed the bar in this story. 'Do not use my name in vain' is going down as one of my most favorite lines in fandom. Dorothy and Relena drinking, collaboratin to make a club for girls who like gundam pilots...but can't get them, priceless. Even being a 3x4 lover and a 4xD skeptic, I can't help but think that is a very cute drunken moment.

I have a very general complaint. The hair and eye descriptions are killing me. I'm hoping that the purple prose mellows down as I read. Considering the first chapters were written in 2004, I'll give it some slack..., but just this one time. And just because I'm happy to read a fic where the characters are focused on other people besides their 'One true love!'

It's worth purple prose, as I'm happy how Trowa, Catherine, Quatre, and Heero are characterized. Especially, loved the Relena-Dorothy moments. Hilde, Duo, Wufei, and Sally...they just bugged me.
Bryony chapter 7 . 6/7/2008
Aww, this chapter had a very sweet ending. It was nice seeing Wufei, Relena, and her mother interact as well. It's not surprising you don't remember me from when you first started writing this; I think I must have lost track of it after the first chapter. When I 'rediscovered' it a few days ago I tried to leave a review for chapter 1 and to my complete bewilderment FFN wouldn't let me because, apparently, I'd already done so back in 2004. Anyhoo, I'm glad to have found it again; it's quite an enjoyable read. :)