Reviews for Secrets
Siffy Ela chapter 16 . 12/21/2014
Thank you for this story! I like it very much, you did such a great job with description of Tom's behaviour and Ginny's reactions. I wanted to read about young Tom in the past, but I'm so glad I gave your story a try, I was really enchanted with it.
Laura chapter 16 . 7/28/2014
I enjoyed this very much! The take on Ginny's social troubles and her struggle with overcoming guilt ring true to reality.
Mirlasse chapter 16 . 7/1/2014

This is incredibly realistic. Ginny is great. She is very human.

I also like Apple. Her logic is very clear and she is one of my favorite people here, along with Xanthe.

The parts with the diary were extremely believable. Tom was so well written and there were parts when I actually felt that he was nice and fond of Ginny.

Excellent, excellent job.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 16 . 3/4/2014
It took me a long time to get through that last chapter-I kept getting angry and upset at everyone besides Ginny (which made me realize things about myself that were not pleasant). But I finally got through it, and now this! I'm so glad I read this story.
Fizzlybubbles chapter 16 . 8/26/2013
This was perfect. This Ginny is feisty and stubborn and every inch a Weasley. She comes across as a very realistic eleven-year-old who got in over her head, dealing with personal insecurities and imminent danger.

I adore how you treat the subject of Tom Riddle. He was extraordinarily convincing, to the point where I was actually kind of fond of diary Riddle. There was a teasing playfulness that I would never have expected from a future Dark Lord, but it felt very right.

I would love to see Ginny's development throughout the rest of the books (something that gets rather ignored in the books), but that's my own wishful thinking. Fantastic job - you've really created something amazing.
Emily Is Me chapter 16 . 7/29/2013
Is this the real end like completely over?
RaucousLaughter chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
I am glad you chose to tackle this. Great idea!
Guest chapter 11 . 3/5/2013
a place to stand 8
beachbum194 chapter 14 . 8/3/2012
This is actually really really reallllly awesome and I'm looking forward to reading your ending :)
ChatterChick chapter 14 . 4/29/2011
Wow! I really, really REALLY enjoyed reading this and hope you are going to finish the story off!

Reading this made me want to go back and reread COS, you included all the tiny details JKR gave about Ginny's first year. I felt like I was reading JKR's version of how things happened from Ginny's POV. Tom Riddle's characterization is spot on. Your OC's feel like they could exist in the Potter world and add a lot to the story. The parts between Percy and Ginny (particularly him bullying her to go get Pepperup Potion) were hilarious.

ElouiseBates chapter 14 . 11/2/2010
So. I found this just this morning, and read through it all straight in one day. Which probably wasn't the best idea, considering the giant to-do list that got ignored, but hey ... a good story is worth neglecting a few chores.

I love this. At times Ginny seemed a little too mature and well-reasoned for an eleven-year-old, but I'm willing to accept that the youngest (and only girl) in her family would probably grow up a little more quickly than a lot of eleven-year-olds, and certainly her prejudices and stubbornness are exactly in line with a girl her age.

It always did seem terribly wrong that Ginny could go an entire year without anyone at all noticing that something was wrong - not the professors, not Dumbledore, not her family, and not any other first-years. She also did come across as very weak and helpless until later in the series, when she turned out to be this brilliant character who very quickly became my favorite. So you can imagine how pleased I was to read a story that filled in the gaps, explained a bit, and rounded her out more.

Oh, and I also love that where Harry was too lazy to bother with Occlumency when he needed it, Ginny went after it all on her own and made it work at least partially for her. And the fact that after it was all settled, she refused to accept people treating her as a victim, and took responsibility for her own actions. She's an adorable, wonderful character, and certainly worthy of being the heroine of her own story.

I hope you finish this soon! I am eager to see the confrontation between Ginny and Daphne!
BritainFTW chapter 14 . 10/21/2010
You are - truly - a genius (even if you are American). I love your writing and personally Ginny is my favourite character in the series so it's great to see her point of view. Sir Vladislav (and his honour) are an amazing addition, as well as the Princess and the red and green coloured dragon - dreams.

I'm only sorry I couldn't help you by criticising anything - you deserve so many more reviews.
SapphireOwl1993 chapter 14 . 7/30/2010
Hello there! This story is excellent! I love how you put kind of a new spin on (and introduced new elements to) the "Chamber of Secrets". You definitely made it your own while still staying true to the book. I especially liked the part where Tom tells Ginny the tale about Osiris and Isis. Did you make that up, or is that a real myth? Also, the dreams about the princess and the dragon were a nice touch, and the Valentine's Day poem part was very well done, as well. I can't believe this story only has 59 (now 60) reviews! This story seems like the type that would sit there shining with well over 100 reviews, and you deserve to have that many for all of your hard work. I cannot wait to read the next chapter and the epilogue!

Wicked Sapphira
Allen Pitt chapter 14 . 7/22/2010
nice to see a story that shows the story from another viewpoint. Good idea on the Valentine's Day poem & how it got sent. Next up: meet with Daphne. That should be lots of fun. I do think there'll be at least some that will still blame her for things, or who will never be her friends etc...
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 14 . 7/21/2010
I like how most everyone's forgiving Ginny and some aren't.