Reviews for Aria of the Ascending Soul
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 32 . 1/9
I hope you update soon great chapter as always and I wonder if the Belmont family will be able to return to the afterlife.
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 29 . 1/9
Loveit.
Krazyfanfiction1 chapter 32 . 1/8
great as usual
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 23 . 12/18/2016
The birthday cake scene with soma made me laugh so hard.
Guest chapter 31 . 12/13/2016
yeah do you think you could spead up the pace of this story a bit? this chapter was just a rehash of everything we already knew
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 17 . 12/1/2016
Aww poor Elmo.
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 16 . 12/1/2016
Oh my goodness xavier and Elmo are so cute!
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 13 . 11/28/2016
That twilight scene with yoko got me lol.
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 12 . 11/28/2016
I absolutely love willow and this was a wonderful chapter.
Raenyx chapter 30 . 11/8/2016
I've been following/lurking this story for a looong time, so it's about time I posted a review for you.

First thing I want to say is that this is the best long castlevania fic I've read (seriously, no joke). Few fics have managed to capture the gravity of being a reincarnation of the most feared evil in history, and even fewer have convincingly shown how Soma would behave after the bad ending of DoS. Your characterization of Mina being something other than "Soma's girlfriend" is awesome as well. Pretty much everyone will not be able to keep a relationship going after their boyfriend becomes the literal lord of darkness, and I agree with Mina's admission that she will not be able to keep loving Soma if he changes his base personality. She loves the Soma before the castle, not the Soma after.

Now, here are a few issues that I've seen. I really really recommend you get a beta of some sort if only to grammar check. It's definitely a bit rough trying the read your sentence structures, and that puts a damper on the enjoyment of the story. Actually, the basic sentence layout all is there. If you change some periods to commas (and vice versa) and add other punctuation types, the readability of your fic will be improved immensely (and that's without messing with spelling/word errors and grammar).

One word error that really bothers me is when you use the word "inhumane" (ex: Alucard's "inhumane typing" from ch. 1). "Inhumane" is used when referring to the morality of an action or event, like "It's inhumane to leave puppies on the side of the road". In other words, it's against human morals to leave innocent puppies to die. "Inhuman", on the other hand, refers to a characteristic that humans don't have or an action humans can't do. Alucard types faster than a human can, so his typing is inhuman. That sentence means something very different when using " inhumane" (what did Alucard do to the poor keyboard, haha).

As a side note, I just read your updates to the chapter where Soma meets the girl killed during the Black Mass. I think leaving in a shorter summary of the girl's background is better than taking it out altogether. It'll give insight into her personality/actions when she tries to argue with Soma. Also, I think I liked the more mature Soma speech. He's 21, not quite a teenager anymore. That chapter is also when Dracula starts to really come through (his personality at least), so having him sound mature and aristocratic really brings the scene together.

Whew, that was a lot of words there! Hopefully I'm not stepping on your toes too much by leaving this kind of review. If I am, I'm really sorry :(

I seriously love your characterizations and world building. We don't get to see much of the rest of the castlevania world, so the subplot with Alex and his sister are exciting to read. Also, the stuffy patrol is pure, awesome genius. I can't wait until Leon and Soma can have an extended conversation. That'll be a sight to see... I also wonder what Alucard is doing...

I can't wait until the next update! Thank you for writing, it's amazing to read :)
HelenTheMoon chapter 15 . 11/3/2016
To be honest, I prefer the original version of this chapter, in which you had the backstory of the girl better explained. However, the new bit with Death was also good - just not THAT good.
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 9 . 10/27/2016
Aww yoko is so cute.
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 7 . 10/25/2016
I'm laughing so hard at soma calling arikado a sweet little princess in Latin he's so cute and immature.
ninja of fallen Sakura chapter 6 . 10/25/2016
Poor Alucard and especially poor soma.
Guest chapter 30 . 10/24/2016
btw its spelt "fifteen" not "fifth teen" just thought id throw that out there. anyway i thought this chapter was hilarious. poor simon .