Reviews for Dark Magic Rising
midnightPhilosopher chapter 6 . 3/2/2011
Ah so it is complete. I’d change the status of this story then, just to avoid any confusion. I have to say, I kind of like how this all wrapped up but left some strings open, kind of like an episode.

Ugh, do you know what you’ve done? You’ve gone and reawakened my Kaiba x Téa fangirl! Ugh, I’m gonna have to go pacify it now…

As for where this could go, I would say just about anywhere you wanted it to. Like I said in my PM, It helps to have a final destination or idea of what you want to touch on along the way, or both. The short, almost “episode”, sort of format is good for just sporadic ideas I think; something where you don’t have to over analyze and take on some huge project that’s like, fifty short chapters or 20 long chapters long.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 5 . 3/2/2011
I find it rather amusing that Kaiba’s chaos (given how much I would think he hates it) and that Bakura is balance. Are you talking about Bakura as in Ryou or the thief?

I found the use of the Yami card to foreshadow Yami Yugi’s interference kinda of neat. And if you didn’t even intend to do that… well, kudos for you.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 4 . 3/2/2011
I found the searching for the address scene ringing rather true, as it is near impossible, even for native Japanese who have lived in the area for years, to find a house because of the way their cities or planned. Or not planned, as it were.

Thank you Kaiba, for making things worse. *le sigh* I keep picturing little pouting chibi Seto whimpering “My Blue-eyes” as I finished this, which sort of ruins any serious mood I may have hoped to have for next chapter.

I can’t really find anything to comment on in this chapter honestly.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 3 . 3/2/2011
English Bakura amuses me. Yeah, half the chapter and that’s all I’ve got to say. I was thinking of something though, about the whole “reincarnation” thing. How does that work? The persons soul is trapped within the millennium item, but is also reincarnated into say, Yugi, or Bakura or Téa in this case? I know that Ancient Egyptians have different ideas of souls (Ba and Ka and other stuff I can’t remember right now/understand) but still it seems a little weird. Must be a plot hole or something.

Quick question, is the ancient Egyptian used actual ancient Egyptian or modern Arabic/Egyptian (I think they speak Arabic, not sure). If it is actual ancient Egyptian I have to say it’s impressive because I didn’t think the stuff scholars had translated was so extensive. If it’s made up, I commend you and hope that you remain consistent (something I noticed with made up languages people tend to forget to be consistent). I don’t think I’ll check this or that it really matters since this is (assumedly) finished but it’s something to keep in mind.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 2 . 3/2/2011
Yeah, I’m gonna admit it now, I’m a huge Téa x Kaiba fan, so I’m going to jump at just about any of their interactions, even if they aren’t even remotely romantic, heck even if this isn’t, won’t ever be, a Kaiba/Téa fic, I’m still gonna hope until that last line.

Ok, yeah, Yami/Téa scene was adorable. I’m so fickle.

So far the story has been very easy to understand and easy to read. I don’t find myself re-reading anything because I misunderstood. The interactions seem believable enough (I always give some wiggle room because of the OOC nature of any fanfiction) although I did have a 'wait a minute' moment when Bakura almost started crying.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Ok, interesting opening, you've got me hooked. This story is already completed isn't it? I'm going to review as if it were, just in case.

The first thing that I'm going to mention is how Tea (sorry, cant get the stupid apostrophe e to work) addresses Kaiba. Now this may have changed in later in the series or the manga but doesn't Tea address Kaiba as, well, "Kaiba"? I know in Japan that addressing someone by their first name is intimate and saved for really good friends. Unless something changed in one of the stories you claimed were inspiration (I didn't read the crossover one, if there's too many unanswered questions I may have to) Tea probably wouldn't address Kaiba as "Seto" (and Kaiba likely wouldn't let her).

Ok, first thing that jumped out at me is the whole flashback. Please correct me if I'm wrong because It's been a while but isn't the woman who looks like Ishizu the wielder of the Millenium Necklace? I forget her name; but going with the trend of look alikes wouldn’t that make Ishizu the rightful wielder? Well, sort of anyways. If I recall she gave the necklace to Yugi at some point.

Is there a specific reason the necklace has a spirit while the rod doesn’t? I’m going to assume the story goes over that.

Ok, yeah, sorry if I sound really critical, but I want to do a good job and be helpful!
lady sesshomaru-sama chapter 6 . 1/23/2010
i love it cant wait for more!
lady sesshomaru-sama chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
i love it cant wait for more!
Lady-duelist chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
A great I wish there were more romance by the way,what aliya means when she say:

"Seth, poor soul... you scar as much in this life as the one before... May you heal as well, Priest of Set."

Heal?Heal from what?I wish there were sequance or job by the way _
TonyDiMeraslover chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
One of the best fic's I've had the joy to find and read. You really should think of doing some more chapters or a follow up.
Mercedes no Inuarai chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
Aw... I like it! _ Good characterization; interesting story with good details. *goes off to read more*
Ethelflaed chapter 1 . 10/18/2003
That, my dear overlady, was FABULOUS!

Especially the Kaiba/Tea bit . . . I'm slightly partial to that pairing.

Seto Kaiba rocks, that he does.

One question, though. Why didn't you put this up in seperate chapters? You really ought to. -

This story was incredible, but I'm tired and I can't think of anything to say . . .

Loved how everyone was in character. And the BEWD scene was priceless.

Hey! I SAID SOMETHING!

-Ethelflaed-
CrissyKitty chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
it's late so i was too lazy to sign in but that's my pen name up there...nice fic..wondering if u gonna write one with my fav paring...not sure if u like it...yami/tea. if u do have one plz email me. check my profil for it. g2g b4 my dad finds me bai!
Hainowai chapter 1 . 9/29/2003