Reviews for To Catch a Thief
CJaMes12 chapter 2 . 3/3/2011
I know it's been a while, but there's another Doyle fan right here. I was so ticked when they killed him off.
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 8 . 9/23/2010
(Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm scribbling things down as I go)

Loved this, I'm a huge Doyle fan. I've read this before, and I though I had reviewed it, but obviously not.

"When Oz got no response he got up and searched for the phone, and then quickly realized he didn't know anyone in LA." - hee

I liked the mention of Cordy's 'I am somebody' mantra, as well as Oz's subsequent reply :)

The spell which makes Oz blind is always the thing that I remember most about this. I also like the solution to get Oz's sight back
PlantyPie chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Know this was written yonks ago but hey only just found and read it so thought leave a review anyway.I loved it! Had me hooked right from the really well written and agree with ya..was so guttered when they killed off Doyle and brought in Wesley! Season 4/5 he werent to bad but at the start :(

And if your still planning on writing the sequal 5 years after you wrote this lol..I'll defintly read it!
Kikino chapter 8 . 7/18/2009
Wow, you are an amazing author. You're so talented and you have numerous fanfiction. You are truly an inspiring author. I hope you understand that I was never going to watch Buffy until you put me into more insight on Ox. So, halfway through this LOVELY fic, I watched all Season 2 of Buffy where Oz is introduces and now I have a favorite character to keep me interested in the show; which I greatly thank you for. This was such a lovely piece and you worked the attention between Oz and Doyle perfectly. I believe I only saw one BIG mishap in your story: In chapter one you have Doyle referring to himself in his whole name but they don't actually learn his full name until 4 episodes later than this one is set. That's about the only thing that bugged me. All in all it was VERY good! You earned every good review you recieved and I hope they never stop coming. It would be amazing to see you do a sequal with those two again. And it would be genious at the end where Doyle actually gets to meet Oz's princess. That would be so cute! I would absolutely, psitively read your sepual if ou made one and I hope I'm inspiring enough to get you to start on it now. Haha, no rush.I loved your twists and cliffhangers and I would loved to be trapped in them again. Just not too long before the net chapter. That's somewhat how I feel now. Just waiting for the next thrilling, AMAZING adventure by a eve more AMAZING author. Please, share more of your inspiring art to help those around you creat more masterpieces. And maybe one of your readers will write you up a good Oz fic if you inspire them enough. So, please, write us(ME!) another amazing fic featuring the two best characters in all of Buffy and Angel: Oz ad Doyle. You are truely a genious in art, Leonardo(da Vinci). I hope to read more from you. Arigato!

Ta-ma ai-ma-sho!

Kikino
Aeryn Lavanthia chapter 8 . 5/13/2006
Fabulous! Spike, Oz, Angel and most importantly Doyle! Definately do a sequel and save our visionary Irishman! And I think you should put Wes in it after all, he's always good for a laugh :)
claire chapter 8 . 4/20/2005
brilliant. and you should totally do that sequel, it sounds like an amazing idea. i totally agree, oz doyle and spike are the best characters, it's so refreshing to see a fan fiction with them all in! x
Shikiani chapter 8 . 11/23/2004
OMG! I LOVED this fic! You have all the characters just right AND you actually came up with FUNNY dialog... *cries* It's not fair! Every time I try to write I always start and then sort of... lose the plot. NYAH! EVIL WRITER'S BLOCK!

Yeah... anyway, PLEASE do another fic. It's kinda difficult to find any more good fics with Oz and Spike AND Doyle in them. You have excellent character taste! You really know how to play out storylines to keep them both interesting and entertaining and not to overdo things.

Good luck with writing and all

Shikiani
The Red Cheese Is Wax chapter 8 . 4/19/2004
Since I'm loving your Standing In story, I figured I'd read some more of your stuff. And all I can say is WOW! This story is brilliant, I was nearly in tears with the whole Oz going blind thing. Excellent work. Adding to favourites!
sirena1 chapter 8 . 2/18/2004
Great story. About the sequel where Oz shows up to save Doyle? Great idea. I've got a story going on now, called Across Time that is sorta like that, except Cordelia travels back in time on the fifth anniversary of Doyle's death to stop it in the past. Let me know if you want a beta reader or need any help with any stories. I am a huge Doyle fan. Email me at if you're interested
Iverson chapter 8 . 1/26/2004
Good chapter! Nice ending! Wonderful plot!
Don't I sound like an advertisement? I don't mean to but it's been a long day and I am sort of frustrated at myself for leaving all my homework for the day it's due. Oh well, this story served a welcome distraction.
I liked the ending to this story a lot and found the last part with Oz and Doyle touching. The male bonding thing worked really well in this story and I enjoyed the dry humor as well. I haven't watched a whole bunch of the show but feel like you nailed the characters well.
I am looking forward to the sequel and also to reading the story in the other fandom you have going. I mat even drop you a line on that story about this review to make sure you know how much I liked it.
Until Next Update,
Iverson
Iverson chapter 7 . 1/26/2004
Sorry about not reviewing the last few chapters but I lost my way and couldn't get back to this story. I am very interested in seeing a sequel like you described because I really didn't like how Hero ended. I hope it will come out and I will faithfully read every chapter. This chapter is good and I especially liked the Angel Oz interaction at the end. They can't do small talk but they really tried. It was also good to see the amount Cordy cares for Doyle which will come in handy if you do a sequel. Then she will actually have to deal with the demon side of him more than she did. It makes for interesting emotion turmoil!
Until Next Update,
Iverson
bradleigh chapter 8 . 1/24/2004
I love this fic! I'm bummed it took me this long to find it, but I'll definitely be around for the sequel. I want to see if the Oz/Doyle vibes I'm feeling are going to pan out or not. Keep up the excellent work.
Twilight Kitsune chapter 8 . 1/24/2004
You should definetly do a sequal! This story is so great! Maybe you could have Doyle in the next one? Please? Anyway, great story, one of the best I've ever read! Great end too! Poor Doyle. Hope to review the sequal.
TK
ezrajade chapter 8 . 1/23/2004
Wow. That was a truly awesome fic. You've got great style Robin. And I really love the ideas you had in here, as well as the character depth. I too, am an unfortunate lover of the whole H/C thing. Guess I'm just really messed up. But at least I'm not alone!
I miss Doyle so much and regret he left the series as well. I'd love to see you do a sequel with Oz, plus I'd love to see some more Doyle/ Cordy action. Long live Doyle!
Twilight Kitsune chapter 6 . 1/23/2004
That is officially my favorite cliffy ever! However, I have to go read what comes next so Ja ne!
P.S. Poor Doyle & Poor, Poor Oz