Reviews for A Little Knowledge
PiER chapter 58 . 5/20/2007
I have spent the better part of the last 3 days reading your marvelous story! I absolutely love your various characters. They all have distinct personalities and you have done a wonderful job making them come to life! Their different backstories really contribute but I am dying to know what will happen to Professor Krohn.

I also like how you withheld Minerva's identity through much of the fic but still dropped us a few hints.

The fic is well thought out and planned and I felt the flame-freezing curse was a very nice touch.

I could go on for days singing your praise as I have really enjoyed reading this and I am suprised at how well it has held my attention. The only downfall is that it is missing an ending. Looking closely I now realise that it has been over 2 years since you last posted!

I need closure and would be over the moon if you just posted one last chapter!

Great job!

Thanks!

PiER
gloredhel28 chapter 8 . 9/23/2006
I'm very much enjoying your story so far. Your characters are interesting, espeically Martin, and I'm eager to read more.

I have one quibble, though: Ambrose asks Corinna to "drop a stone or two." Are you English or Irish? Because a stone14 pounds, and for a 12-year-old to lose 14 or 28 pounds is an awful lot-she'd have to be a bit more than slightly chubby to warrant that sort of weight loss.

A medium-height 12-year-old girl should be around 5 ft. tall, and "slightly heavy" might be 110 pounds (remember she has little in the way of a chest or hips). Losing even 14 lbs would would put her below average, and 28 would definitely be unhealthy.
blah.whatever chapter 58 . 7/13/2005
Damn...you've managed to create a story with mostly original characters and you actually made them beliveable with personalities and whatnot...damn. Kudos, bravo, good, nice, and everything implied by those words.
DumbledoresKitten chapter 58 . 4/10/2005
Deepest apologies for not reviewing (a) sooner (b) every chapter.

You have done an amazing job: creating a story, a group of well written and believable characters, and inserting my favorite ship AD/MM. The fact that this fits so easily into canon is also incredible.

This is the best story (or should i call it a novel) that i have read! Your talents are amazing.

I love how you alluded to Min and Albus, i guessed it was Min well before she was actually introduced to us in the story. Though I love them and the interactions between them and the family, you didn't make them the central focus. It's a wonderful story of Martin's coming of age, and how the son of two very powerful magical people fits into the world. (only comment would be that Min comes off a little too mothering, i'm hoping that she will realize that Martin is not a child anymore, and that will be resolved in the last few chapters.)

The OCs were done brillantly. I like the fact that they all have different strenghts and weaknesses and talents which they can contribute to the group. It was also very nice to read a fic that was not based upon Gryffindor, especially a child of Albus and Min's that did not go to Gry. that was a great touch.

I could continue with my praise of this story, but that could take another page or two. I love this story, and your work. Thank you for sharing this with us. I can not wait for your next update. and hopefully have this story, another plot idea will strike that you dane to write and post.
Flowerbee chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Hey, I've just started this... very nice. I'm late to the party as usual, but I just wanted to thank you for a great story! :)
darksabernight chapter 58 . 2/28/2005
That was a good chapter, sounds like this might be the end
h. sibelius chapter 58 . 2/27/2005
OH! MY!

So it's almost over? That's *so* sad... Update soon, and *please* contemplate a sequal? The format is back to normal now- lovely.
hsibelius chapter 57 . 2/12/2005
Gah! What's *happening* with ff? It's gone mad- when you have a quotation mark and any punctuation next to each other, ff (I assume) yanked the punctuation.

Now. This is just about the best chapter yet! Very touching, though I'm interested in seeing what Corinna's foreboding was in regards to. Roughly how many chapters do you anticipate are left?
h sibelius chapter 56 . 2/3/2005
Good chapter, though the format was rather distracting. Not your fault, of course; I imagine that your word processor and are having it out... Meh.
hsibelius chapter 55 . 1/19/2005
Brilliant!
hemtec chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
great!
Missmarauder13 chapter 54 . 1/8/2005
very good chapter, update son!
la chiede il tuo cor chapter 54 . 1/7/2005
Question- is this story completely planned out, or are you sort of winging it? Because it's *seamless*.
RavenSapphire chapter 53 . 12/24/2004
Hail to this chapter. I simply adore Sissy. Great character. It's not much of a review, but it's the holidays and I can't be arsed. D update soon. Merry christmas and an amazing 2005!
hsibelius chapter 53 . 12/23/2004
Yay! I was quite suprised by his reactions... nice work.