Reviews for If My Heart Weren't Broken
Homebody chapter 23 . 8/22/2012
Hi there! I've read and re-read this story about half a million times, and I have to say it is wonderful! Is there any intention on your part to ever finish? I'm not pushing just curious. I know life can get in the way, and people lose interest in writing. These things happen, so it's fine if you don't, I'm just wondering if it's been completely abandoned or on long term hiatus.

Hope all is well! Thanks for your time!
tara chapter 23 . 2/22/2012
What a cruel cliffhanger :(...I loved this story, though. There aren't many romance stories that are down to earth and not loaded with sap, like this one. Anyway, you really got into character, which is one way that this story stands out from most others I've read. That's difficult to do, but it paid off. I would have liked to know what the ending was... I figured it'd be something unconventional and not 'happy ending', like you said in one of your a/n. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was Squall so easily accepting Laguna. Come on now, that just isn't believable.
tara chapter 15 . 2/21/2012
eh? I'm a bit surprised by what you said about your parents considering how you wrote Squall in this story lol. I'm just saying...

Anyway I think Quistis would have been amused by the guy crushing on Laguna, rather than be disgusted by it. She doesn't seem like she'd have that type of reaction IMO :P Honestly, she did laugh at times in the game, people exaggerate too much about her being 'cold'.
tara chapter 12 . 2/21/2012
That was a great chapter. Loved the bit with Quistis saying she can catch enough bullets if she can 'put enough bone in the way'. haha. i can see why Laguna would be more than a little insulted by that. :P I have to admit it was really cute how Laguna got embarrassed about Quistis wanting to take him to his room. Hehe. And then Quistis wanting to do 'her job' only to be saved by Laguna was funny, too.
tara chapter 8 . 2/21/2012
Great characterizations so far. especially Quistis. None of the other fanfics I've read really seemed to capture her the way she was in the game. I also liked how you handled Quistis's suicide attempt. and you made Rinoa react believably to her father's death, instead of overdoing her 'bitchiness' (as a lot of people who are biased against her might have done) :P...And the whole conversation between Quistis and Laguna in the cave was very true to reality, with their reactions to the pity/sympathy they see in the others' eyes. Anyway, I can't wait to see how Squall will react. :)
tara chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Ooh, I really like this so far. Especially the way you got both characters' voices down. I'm not too sure how I feel about your portrayal of Laguna being smarter than he acts, but it's just the first chapter, so we'll see.

'Wish I had a coffee. With lots of cream, and sugar. And a cool umbrella thing in it. . . yeah, I know coffee doesn't usually have umbrellas in it. But I think they look cool.'

-that is so Laguna. lol. :P

and this made me laugh, too:

'And I'm not too happy with the fact that the next line was big denying "NOOOOO!" or something to that effect.'
The Rushing Wind chapter 7 . 3/1/2011
It's coming up on seven years since you last updated. And yet, I still remember you, and this story. That's how wonderful and beautiful it is. I have never forgotten, even after all this time.

I hope one day you return and finish it. In the meantime, I hope all is well. Be well.
Maloire chapter 23 . 5/22/2010
Heyo~

So yeah... It's been a while, huh? I really do hope you're doing alright! Also hoping it's not life or technical difficulties that're hindering you!

Anywhoo... here's hoping that you'll be back some day _
Maloire chapter 23 . 12/1/2008
Hi again! How are things with you?

It's been a while... I'd been looking through my collection of various fanfics, and stumbled upon this gem _

Anywhoo... I still love this story and hope that you'll be able to complete it someday :D Heheh, not so subtle, eh? Ah well, all in good time...

Take care!
heartbreakingecho chapter 23 . 11/21/2008
I have had this story saved in my bookmarks on my computer and on my alert list forever. Sometimes I come check to see if finished it,

well i hope everything ok

and that someday you pity me enough to finish this great story.
syunikiss chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
I have had this amazing story on my favorite's list for the past four years, yet there has been no update whatsoever. Whatever the reason, I hope all is well and that you will continue with this wonderful piece.
Shroud of Twilight chapter 23 . 7/5/2008
Aww, a clifhanger? Boo! Please update again soon!
Shroud of Twilight chapter 3 . 7/4/2008
This is a great story so far, but I few wong details have made me cringe. Laguna is 27 during the flashbacks, meaning if you add on the 17 years for Squall, he is now 44. ALso, his eyes are GREEN, not hazal!
fulldaysdrive chapter 23 . 3/31/2007
Wow, so it'll be three years since you've updated in about 21 days... that makes me sad. This is an awesome story, and the fact that there's no ending is really depressing. \ You're a good writer.

I really hope you're not dead.
sarah chapter 23 . 9/6/2006
this is like the third time i've read through this soo yeah pleae finish it! great story!