Reviews for Beasts and Bees
crazy one chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
i feel sorry for your kid, she doesn't know what a great story she's missing. i loved this one! you made me giggle in all the right places.
Rhys chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
*snigger* that was a great ending! And I'm very sorry your daughter isn't speaking to you. I hope she forgives you soon. This was a great piece, though. I like the paceing you set for it, and the elf and dwarf were written very eloqently. The guest chapter was a nice additon as well; the two of you crafted a very nice tale. The "knife of liberation" sent me howling, although not as much as their "solemn sadness" at the end. I DO hope that dear Gimli will be able to comfort his bereaved friend in the face of such an unwelcome loss. *smirk* The mischief those two can find...
Gershwhen chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
PERFECT. This was JUST perfect. And I loved it. THANK you for not binding Legolas to Minuial. I really did despair that he'd get stuck with such a racist lover.
I'm not normally a big G/L fan - mostly because the author usually turns one of them totally out of character. This was so IN character and I think it worked quite well.
I hope to see more L/G in the future - and that they continue to be happy together.
Thank you for posting this, it gave me a great smile after a very bad day.
Dru chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
Very, very sweet. You have a nice flair for these two, and there just isn't enough Legolas/Gimli material around. Cheers for you!
Little My chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
?Do you not know that I love you, flighty Elf? Gimli looked up at Legolas from under his heavy brows and in his dark eyes was transparent emotion, as deep as the sea from which Legolas fled. ?If we were joined of our bodies, instead of thus,? he touched his chest over his heart and traced an imaginary string to Legolas? heart, ?I would be able to suffer you no other, be parted from you never. Your breath would be my breath and I would live only by your grace. Sex with you would not be trivial to me, Legolas.?

Oh, Rose, how lovely! There were so many wonderful bits to this charming offshoot of your Unbinding series. I've enjoyed them all, but this slash AU was particularly fun. I'm glad that Gimli's getting some joy and comfort after that nasty encounter with the trolls. And the "knife of liberation"! I would love to see the Dwarf explaining why he has it framed and proudly displayed to some hapless visitor.

And I think needs a new catagory for Theresa... how about "Sexual Hilarity"? ;) Well done, both of you, and thanks!
Lamiel chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
Ah, this is fun. Rather a convenient disposal of Minuel, I suppose, but I never liked her anyway. Lovely opening, Rose, with L and G in the vineyard and the sun. And I especially liked Gimli's line after the party, "No climbing, elf." Marvelous. I must give a shout-out to Theresa, too, for her fantastic work with chapter three-that wonderful blending of sex and humor as only she can do. The bit with the boots and breeches made me laugh so hard I nearly cried, and Legolas' line "I tryin oo et a aces unun!" required several minutes deep breathing to recover.

Wonderful job, both of you. Very, very well done.
Nimue I Am chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
That was sweet and hilarious.

I was ready to climb into the story, step out from the trees just to hand Legolas a blessed pair of clippers, and demurely depart!, but despite (or because of) the delicious frustration, that was a lovely bit of slash, dear authors. Touching words and perfect descriptions.

Ah, 'tis enough to make the heart go pitter patter.

And might I suggest Velcro(tm) or zippers as an alternative to leather laces, Master Dwarf, to save your lover's teeth and the reader's sanity.

Nimue
IloveLegolas chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
hmm... i can't really picture Legolas and gimli together;you might want to try a differant pairing...plus Legolas is out of character in these stories.
Beth 37000 chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
Rose and Dorothy,

This was WONDERFUL! I've been looking for both your stories, it was great to find a two in one deal.

Please keep writing, you have an enormous talent for humor (and slash)