Reviews for The Recurring Nytdmare
Julles Elroy chapter 1 . 8/31
Hey,
I just want to let everyone who may be beginning to read this story after reading the previous two books that the author Leanne (Nytd) actually passed away of breast cancer in 2013. I myself only found this out a few minutes ago by reading through some forums from that time because I got curious as to why she hadn't updated anything in years. My concern for her and my obsession with the wandless magic trilogy got me googling her name in hope of seeing if maybe she had abandoned this website and had been posting somewhere else. However, I stumbled across a forum dedicated to her and after reading a few posts came to the realisation of her passing. It made me very upset to hear this as she was such an amazing person and talented author who I felt I connected with especially as the first book of this unfinished trilogy was the first I had ever read on this site just 2 years ago and I fell in love with it. It pains me to think that this story will never be finished but understandable as to why.
Thank you to all who may have taken the time to read this and I hope you appreciate the beautiful person that Nytd was.
- Juliette
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
2 and half stories does not a trilogy make. lucky I discovered this before getting to involved in the story. not good . an author to avoid.
fictienthrall chapter 12 . 9/21/2014
Hello again! So. The last chapter? Well hold on there, Sister, y've left us hangin', y'know (looks sternly over the tops of glasses). Bloody Sinistra doesn't know when to quit and should lose her job over the hate and discontent she just can't stop herself from creating. She's got half a spell begun on Lupin already and the soft-hearted twit (where anyone apparently seeking reform is concerned) has made the mistake of walking into the opening feast with her instead of making a point of going in with Perkins and Noah and even worse, has stood talking to her and accepting a drink from her STILL instead of seeking out Marlina. Maybe she won't get her chance at revenge on him because Marlina will kill him first!0-o We know Snape is smart enough to know her but he's about to have more important problems than her to put his mind to, not to mention he's a teacher and they have enough to think about without the 'extra-curricular' mental labyrinths he regularly puts up with. And he has a girlfriend worth paying proper attention to. Let's not overload the guy. He's irritable enough! Can't we just...shove her off her tower w/o a broom? Oh, wait; that's still illegal, isn't it. Well, then she should be permanently controlled with Confundis or just have to go to work in the laundries like the stepmother and stepsister in Ever After. She's like Crabbe and Goyle, permanently twisted and never to consider a better line of thought. While everyone needs a second chance to turn themselves around, I just feel from her history that she wouldn't use hers well.
The episode with Rowan was good (snicker; Radcliffe indeed, heh!), touching and just plausible enough since he has triggers enough where bullying is concerned and no witnesses were present to make him distance himself as he purposely does with most in order to protect himself as well as them. He doesn't like children but this one is both like him and tough enough and the relationship will be temporary so that he can rediscover in himself the ability to attach without having to deal with depth.
And speaking of family, why would Snape's father blame Severus for there being an end to the Snape family line? His mother survived at least long enough to put him in Hogwarts plus a few years if you recall conversation between him and Lily from his memories in the pensieve. I don't recall any mention of Eileen being ruined for future childbearing by Severus' birth, though she probably wouldn't want more with Snape the senior who abused them, wherein likely lay the problem!
We just left them in mid llegilimens with so many trailing threads. Snape's given public formal intent to court Lorien, been open about it at the school and I'd like to see their genes passed on before Tom manages to off him. Because there's always another Tom Riddle waiting in the wings for his own chance to gain the limelight and it takes a mind the caliber of a Dumbledore...or a Snape to lead the fight in taking him out. Since Dumbledore left no progeny, we need genes of the ilk of Alistor Moody, Severus Snape, Hermione Granger, Sirius Black, James and Lily Potter, Remus Lupin, Tonks, etc. I left Lorien out of the list because she isn't predatory enough. Hermione and Lily don't fall under that category either but all they really needed was to have that brilliance focused properly. So, if you would, add the last ingredients to your cauldron and finish this potion, Love! Thanks! You inspire me.
ps- I know I'm reading this and commenting long after everyone else, but I hope to kindle a bit of flame amongst the ashes!-D sincerely, Pestiferus
Fictienthrall chapter 7 . 9/19/2014
It makes sense that, with Snape's background combination of being exceedingly poor but also very intelligent and accomplished in his studies without getting much notice or appreciation for it at school, that he would cultivate a rich and precise vocabulary and a fair amount of wine snobbery, both evidence of knowledge and refinement. The bullied poor boy has come a long way and can now hobnob with the best without embarrassing himself...except for the 'qualities' he must display as a perhaps-not-so-very-ex deatheater. Well written that he now flaunts that he is now to be admired (indeed, by the loveliest staff member in the school) and has claim to a reputation as one of the most knowledgeable experts in the world in his field.
Fictienthrall chapter 6 . 9/19/2014
Good Sorting Hat song! The hat was always good about reminding them of their history and warning them of the necessity of unity.
But I'm not sure of the wisdom behind Sirius' party. He's going to divide the security staff as to opinions on the subject and lose the respect of quite a few of them. The last party was an unqualified disaster...but then, it wasn't impromptu. Anyway...not my story, and also right in character for the 'shaggiest Griffindor'!-)
Fictienthrall chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
A 'shadowing charm,' eh? That ought to come in handy for keeping track of Draco.
So our charming (pun intended) Master Snape put his own slant on the forward for this volume. His viewpoint is typically different than most and though it leans mostly to the cynical, he frequently has a point and some good reasoning to back up his opinions. We see him as habitually negative, he sees himself as realistic and us as seeing only what we want to see. Perhaps Lorien can introduce him to a bit of that lovely commodity, hope.
LateReader chapter 12 . 4/17/2014
Only just came across the trilogy. Really enjoyed it. Would be lovely to read more.
Ariana chapter 6 . 2/1/2014
That Sorting hat song was really creative of you! I love it! It probably would've taken me FOREVER to come up with a song that basically told what happened to the 4 founders, yet at the same time rhyming!
dollywoodrules chapter 12 . 12/9/2011
I love this series and really hope you are going to eventually finish it. Please don't just leave it like this. I'm dying to know what happens next. I will check back periodically just to see if you've updated this.
G.D. Beans chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEE UPDATE. This is my favorite HP fanfic trilogy, and I really hope you can find it in you to update soon!

-Gina
Gypsy1888 chapter 12 . 11/29/2010
I was in the middle of my review and I pressed the send button by mistake, anyway I just finished ch12 of a recurring nytdmare and I liked where it was going. But then I noticed that the last update was in 08 and I was bummed. This goes without saying but I hope you find time in the future to continue, I kinda want to see what happens.
Gypsy1888 chapter 12 . 11/29/2010
Well I scrolled down your list of fics an happened to come across your wandless magic series if fics...it took me three weeks to finish all the chapters.
BalootheBear chapter 12 . 10/22/2010
The first two stories in this trilogy are some of my very favorite Snape fanfics, and it's a shame that this one has been abandoned. I hope one day you come back to it, and if you do, I will totally make you cookies! So pretty please come back!
Atomic01 chapter 12 . 9/1/2010
Is this story abandoned? I've just found it, and read the first 2 parts, and these 12 chapters, back to back, and its one of the best stories I've read in quite a while. It'd be a real shame for it not to be ompleted :(
Eyvie HP chapter 12 . 1/16/2010
Come on!, you said that you finished your story, we are waiting for you,

No nos abandones por favor