Reviews for Ebb Tide
Emily chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Very sweet, with little bits of interspersed humor.

Of course it floated! This is Cirdan we're talking about, after all. : )
Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
Hmm... That was interesting. I fell in love with your opening sentence. But I was confused there for a second when I went on. While I appreciate the style of the story, I personally would have much perfered something better fleshed out. More non-dialouge, more interaction between the characters. But that is just me.
Lutris chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
wonderful! It is a really touching vignette, and I really liked the way is narrated. great job!
ErraticPerfectionist chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
THAT'S SO CUTE! *squeals*
Soledad chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
That was wonderful! I quite agree with you about Círdan being one of those who awoke at Cuiviénen. Somehow I can't imagine him being a child.

You described his love for the Sea and the ships wonderfully. Indeed, why would he need anything else when he has them?
Tolkanonms chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
What an interesting angle of our favorite mariner to explore: the fact he had no childhood. And, as usual, you manage to say a lot more than you write - I can hear Erenion's questions without having them spelled out for me. Nicely done!
erunyauve chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
This is beautiful - I love the way you blend humor and reverence into Cirdan's story. I can imagine a small child being calmed by his words. There is a sort of peaceful feeling, almost like a lullaby.
addicted chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
Aww! That was so sweet. I love the way you have just Cirdan's side of the conversation.
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
How incredibly beautiful, with each new one of these vignettes you write with deeper feeling and greater talent.

I in particular loved this passage:

It wasn't until we came to the ocean that I fell in love. Aye, she is the love of my life, and never shall I tire of hearing her sighs rise and fall upon the sands. I dream of her caresses on my skin, of her white-capped beauty, and the swell of her tides. Her anger is fearsome, powerful enough to crush the unwary. Always do I seek to find the vessel worthy of gliding across her blue surface, one as beautiful and wild as the endless depths.

You must love the ocean also to write of it so fondly. It's the one thing I miss most, here where I am now, because I grew up on the ocean, my father was a ship builder as well. You've captured Cirdan excellently. I would not consider this fluff, but sweetness.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
But. . . But. . . what if they eat me?

What if they have bigger teeth than me?

What if they snort fire out of their noses?

What if they notice that I have the mental capacities of a vole?

What if they're a whole bunch of 'Pet Henrys' out to get me...

*whimpers*

Woho! And who said that pestering didn't work! I still love this story... it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! And it's so cute.

:D
Karri chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
I enjoyed this enormously the first time I read it, and no less this time. The piece is beatifully thought-provoking, and the perspective is wonderfully done. Excellent work. Thank you for sharing it.