Reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The African Star
hattifnatt chapter 32 . 3/12
Thank you for writing this, I enjoyed it very much! Not only was the storyline good and the pace just right, but the whole FEEL of the thing was right. I'm no expert on sailing or history, but I thought the details were very convincing :) (And I liked the included pirate songs, and Sea Fever - I'm a sucker for quotes and poetry.) And nice ending - party, panic, triumph, reminiscence.
Experiment chapter 32 . 2/20
Gosh. What a thing to behold! I'm here about a decade after its completion, but I can't say I've ever read a more amazing piece of fanfiction. Your style and resilience is breathtaking and I found myself so immersed in the tale I forgot that I was not a pirate myself! You are an idol to admire for years to come, and I look forward to reading some of your other works!
ebonypol chapter 32 . 10/9/2013
Simply amazing... Nothing else could describe it... Thanks for the amazing read :D
Koraki chapter 32 . 10/7/2012
I do believe that this is one of the best PotC fanfics I've ever read or ever will read. It's absolutely fantastic in every way, and the ending left me with a huge grin on my face - I really feel as though this final chapter captured the essence of what I love best about these movies. Wonderful, wonderful work.
ihaznoideawuttowrite chapter 32 . 8/18/2011
this is excellent! lol, i like to imagine Norrie's face as he sees the Black Pearl turn around and face the Spaniards... Live to fight another day, Norrie, and live to compete in another battle of wits with Captain Jack Sparrow of the Black Pearl... *offers cookies*
ihaznoideawuttowrite chapter 31 . 8/18/2011
i don't get it... Jack isn't dead, obviously... but what happened to the bullet, eh? where'd it go? don't tell me the African Star deflected it... *puzzled expression*
ihaznoideawuttowrite chapter 29 . 8/18/2011
the Commodore just got owned! . lol.. still reading...
ihaznoideawuttowrite chapter 22 . 8/18/2011
woot i love this so far! Groves is probably my second favorite Royal Navy person, after Norrington. Actually, they're tied... wish Disney hadn't killed Groves... he was the best Royal Navy officer I'd ever seen... i'm going to continue reading once i finish typing.
Deritine chapter 2 . 6/7/2011
This story is... really good. I was despairing of finding anything but 11-year-olds writing Mary Sues and then found your story. I love how it is a realistic portrayal with the pirates actually robbing people and slavery- very well done on that by the way, it feels very researched. From what little I know about the trade, anyway. Looking forward to reading the rest!
Rensong chapter 32 . 10/24/2010
Lovely story! I've read it two or three times now, and I still thoroughly enjoy it!
pacificuser chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Cool!
EccentrikPirate chapter 3 . 6/29/2008
Only on chapter three (and plan to keep reading) but I really like the story so far, and love you're writing style. Great job on this.
pirate king moose chapter 32 . 5/10/2008
i really loved it! thank you so much for writing! it was very fun to read!
Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Wow. I remember reading your LOTR stuff way back in the day, and have just had this POTC fic rec'd to me-it's terribly nice to rediscover authors that one knows will deliver. Bookmarked.
BookRose chapter 32 . 10/5/2007
Do you think you might write something since the release of AWE? Honestly, it's not easy to come across a fic of this caliber.