Reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The African Star
Re'Becca Jamison chapter 32 . 4/20
Man, I can't believe it's over. This story carried the pure, unaltered charisma of the movies. The characters were perfect. The adventure left me cheering and on the edge of my seat, and I've done little else over the last several hours but read this. Sparrow saving the Dauntless at the end, Norrington turning a blind eye to the pirates, the African gods, everyone's righteous fury towards Biltmore, and the poor Lady Elizabeth. What a fantastic story. Admittedly, the technical jargon and terms were lost on me, and pulled me out several times to assess what I had just read, but this was a fantastic adventure.

Will, please just marry Elizabeth already. I mean good grief.
Re'Becca Jamison chapter 8 . 4/19
Will getting into a fight over his *hat.* Perfect. Jack refusing to *help* in said fight, somehow even more so.
Re'Becca Jamison chapter 6 . 4/19
I am expressly l endlessly intrigued! I love this so much!
Aki chapter 32 . 10/11/2018
Such a wonderful story! No self inserts and insipid pairings, just amazing adventures, nautical daring and suspense! All of the original PotC characters are true to form, from Jack to Norrington, from Will to the mute's foul-mouthed parrot. The OCs were written so well, I actually cried when Róisín was killed. The bad guys were a little over the top, but considering how outrageous Sparrow normally is, it made sense in the plot. I hope your original novels are going well and you are able to live off your creative outlets.
Guest chapter 32 . 12/6/2017
Bless you. This was magic!
Salome Maranya chapter 32 . 7/3/2017
A like what you did with the characters. Even the OCs were engaging, interesting people with their own stories to tell. The story was done nicely too. Felt like I witnessed a legit adventure with the PoTC folks, just without the crazy deities, monsters and sudden shifting loyalties.
Justanotherguest chapter 32 . 5/10/2017
I think you have written the best POTC fic to ever be posted on the internet. Your characterizations are perfect, and I could easily imagine the characters saying the dialogue written for them. The plot is very realistic and exciting, and it manages to be serious and funny at the same time. I wish the film makers had taken a leaf our of your book - instead of having large scale blown out battles with lots of ships and sea monsters, a simple chase between two ships as you wrote it could have been far more tense and suspenseful. All the nautical stuff was a informative but not excessive, beautifully described and delight to read as well. So, thank you very very much for writing this! If at all you still read reviews - I wonder if you're still a POTC fan, will you be watching the new film coming out this month?
Thousandsmiles chapter 32 . 4/30/2017
Oh this fic was lovely, lovely, lovely. I love the friendships that were so subtly written and the wonderful sea fights!
whirligigkat chapter 32 . 3/27/2017
I'm amazed that this was written..before I graduated high school! And you will probably never read this, but, congratulations are in order regardless: this is a perfectly swashbucklingly delightful piece, and I had so much fun in reading this. I hope one day you'll come back to this site, and post some more! You captured their characters...perfectly. Truly. It was quite amazing. Thank you, again, for this!
RadioGlitch chapter 32 . 6/2/2016
OHMYGOD this was amazing; the writing was vivid, exciting, complex, and dramatic, and as for the plot, if this were one of the movies it would absolutely be the best one. Honestly, I can't imagine how much time and work you must have spent on this, so all I can do is thank you for it.
theLadyCheshire chapter 32 . 12/11/2014
I know that I read this a full ten years after its finish, but I want you to know, if this comes to you somehow, this is one of the best fan fics I've read, and by far the best PotC I've ever read. Well done.
Mezurashii chapter 32 . 6/22/2014
Wow! Is almost all I can say. I lack the linguistic coherence to comment on this epic tale. I realize it's been a long time ago since this tale was written but what a tale it is. This is the best piece of Pirates of the Caribbean fanfiction I have read so far and as a non English speaker I even learned some new words.

I think not a word was spoken to much by all these characters. Even the OCs. Often writers make them overbearing but yours neatly slid into the story. I was even saddened when dear Matty Whitlock died. Personally I love how you write Jack, every time you described his flamboyant arm motions or his devilish grins I could picture them perfectly in my mind and they made me smile.

The pace of the tale was also wonderfully perfect. Not to fast as to feel it's rushed and not to slow as to feel it's not getting on. It feel just like the films. The scene that spoke to me most was when you first described Will going down into that slave ship and how he was struck by the smell and felt eyes upon him. I felt that was wonderfully executed and really described the horrors of slave trade well.

Oh! and just for your information(though maybe you've learned this by now) Diamond can be shot by bullets and they would break or chip. If it can stop a bullet however, I do not know but I'm glad it did.
hattifnatt chapter 32 . 3/12/2014
Thank you for writing this, I enjoyed it very much! Not only was the storyline good and the pace just right, but the whole FEEL of the thing was right. I'm no expert on sailing or history, but I thought the details were very convincing :) (And I liked the included pirate songs, and Sea Fever - I'm a sucker for quotes and poetry.) And nice ending - party, panic, triumph, reminiscence.
Experiment chapter 32 . 2/20/2014
Gosh. What a thing to behold! I'm here about a decade after its completion, but I can't say I've ever read a more amazing piece of fanfiction. Your style and resilience is breathtaking and I found myself so immersed in the tale I forgot that I was not a pirate myself! You are an idol to admire for years to come, and I look forward to reading some of your other works!
ebonypol chapter 32 . 10/9/2013
Simply amazing... Nothing else could describe it... Thanks for the amazing read :D