Reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The African Star
Sarr Chasm chapter 28 . 1/8/2004
"Look alive, ye swabs! You, you're powder monkey. You, rammer. You, sponge. You, prime. Smartly now!"-Even though I know these are actual jobs, this line amuses me nonetheless.
Sarr Chasm chapter 27 . 1/8/2004
Hm... All we needed was Elizabeth to jump in and promise to marry Norrington and-oh, wait.
Love Sparrow's character shifts when you start to see something a bit deeper than the facade.
Lilianna chapter 30 . 1/8/2004
Forgive me if I'm unable to articulate a good response but..oh my god! I think after realizing that the page wouldn't scroll down any longer because you had written no more that my mouth hung open for a while. Jack...shot and not only that but Bitmore got away...AGAIN! What is he a cat with nine lives? Geez, that guys gotta get punished! Oi! Anyway, keep it up and wow, that room that they were fighting it's gotta be a mess I'd hate to be the housekeeper.
Darwin chapter 29 . 1/8/2004
Yay! Excellent job! Very excellent!
I love how Will just got all giddy in the middle of an epic battle in the middle of a courtyard! LOL what a vision!
And thank you for the realism of 'Liz being unable to break open the kegs easily. And having problems with an Axe like most of her stature would.
That you have made nothing in this story a given has been the most refreshing thing. Your charecterization is on the money and down to earth. The charecters breath, feel, fail and triumph (Even over small things such as finally getting a good hit on a barrel with an axe) just like anyone in the real world. That is why the story is so intriguing and so easy to get hooked on!
LOL! I am gushing again!
Well good job and I am certainly looking forward to all of the tying of lose ends and any surprises that might come along!
Lilianna chapter 29 . 1/8/2004
Yes! Almost there! You think your repeating yourself by saying thanks to all of your reviewer...well we're all repeating ourselves when we say how great of a story this is! You have produced, yet again, another slendid chapter! Keep up the great work. I do have one question though. The ax that Elizabeth was weilding to crack open the kegs of gunpowder and such, would there not have been some sort of a spark that would have ignited and exploded the entire barrel? Mind you, it's not as if I have any real experience with gunpowder I'm just going off of my Chemistry experience.
jigglykat chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
I am so excited. You have had me on the edge of my seat for awhile now! And your updates! AMAZINGLY QUICK! I'll be so sad when this is over. *sniff* You are an amazing writer! I hope to see more of you in the future!
Lady Lunas chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
This is really good... one of the best PotC fics I have read. And you'd better update tomorrow or else I... won't read your story again!
dshael chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
Love the last part of this chapter, where Jack Sparrow proves he really can keep his mouth shut...
Jocelyn chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
Torches? Pitchforks? Oh come on, what do you take us for? (Brandishes musket) We're MUCH more violent than that!
Boy oh boy, I'm sorry I haven't been reviewing as oft as I should, but I am reading faithfully and loving this. Please don't keep us in suspense much longer! Can't wait till the end! (Wish I could only get my own fic done that fast!)
Kayden Eidyak chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
THAT DOES IT! *raises torch and pitchfork* Wait - I'm a pirate. *raises pistol and cutlass* MUTINY! ERIN HOW COULD YOU? I am absolutely speechless. I can think of nothing to say. *mouths wordlessly* It was just that good. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.
Kayden Eidyak chapter 28 . 1/7/2004
NO! Oh, how could you leave me hanging there! Know what though? You know in my last review were one sentence just stops and another starts? Well insert "insert long phrase that is much better than brilliant." Because, ff.n is stupid and didn't like the way I had it. And I absolutely LOVED it that Jack got to be gun captain. That was so perfect. Everthing was perfect. The whole thing has been perfectly perfect and I don't know what I'm going to do when it's done.
Anelen chapter 28 . 1/6/2004
that was a fantastic Jack chapter! i love his "loose cannon" line to Will. it sounds so much like him. Oh, and the mental picture I got from your story of jack fighting a battle in the midst of an army of marines under Norrington's order just made me fall on the ground and die of hysterical laughter. (i actually didn't do that, but i really wanted to! lol.) VERY entertaining chapter, can't wait for the next!
ceremonialblood chapter 28 . 1/6/2004
Ahoy indeed!
It's been a while since I've reviewed but I may say that I am very impressed and caught up in all of this action. And looking foward to all your updates.
Hope all goes well,
Darwin chapter 28 . 1/6/2004
Hello there! Oh and again!
**wink*wink* loose cannon huh? can't wait to see what Will the loose cannon will do! LOL! least the girls are being cautious in their endeavor. Gotta say it still has me worried that she will get used as a last ditch bargaining chip by Sir Biltmore! Well gotta wait and see I guess!
Just like Jack...slippery as a codfish! And I imagine he's off again after his Diamond!
Gotta run...great stuff!
lilitaliandragon chapter 28 . 1/6/2004
how lovely and convenient for him!
cleverly done!