Reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The African Star
Darwin chapter 30 . 1/9/2004
Jack Shot! Augh! Ok OK I know I am a Will fan here, but Jack kind of grows on one (Kind of like a mole...annoying, but definitely a part of one! LOL!)
Again you definitely have captured the emotions and charecters to a science! This is outstanding~
I rather expected Biltmore to put up a fight immediately, but in retrospect...the actions he did take were quite fitting.
You described Jack's Rapture with the African Star exqusitely. How his world narrows to just the item in his hand (Gotta say get me reading and I am the same way, the rest of the world disappears!)
Well excellent as always! Will be looking for the next chapter tomorrow.
Darwin
pingpong5 chapter 30 . 1/9/2004
Oh my god! How can you just leave us thinking that Jack might DIE? Evil! Please get the next chapter up soon! *grins* I can't wait for the last two updates, but I don't want this story to end either! *sigh* It's brilliant though and I like the exchange between Gibbs and Norrington! *grins* Maybe Norrington will remmeber before the end!
Keep it up!
~*ping*pong*~
Akedhi chapter 30 . 1/8/2004
This is a HORRIBLE cliffhanger! Don't you dare tell me Jack is dead; I've already read a story where he dies and I don't bloody need another one.
More, more, more!
WakingDream chapter 30 . 1/8/2004
::paces in tight circles, mumbling::
Why is it that every bleeding author in this bleeding section feels the need to shoot people and then leave all of the bleeding readers hanging. Ain't right, is what is is. Nigh untolerable...
The carpet in my pacing corner is already a wee bit worn, so if you'll not further the problem by leaving me hanging like this anymore I'd be much abliged.
Sarr Chasm chapter 29 . 1/8/2004
::puts down her torch and pitchfork:: Oh. Alright.
Excellent chapter title-that about covers it.
Sarr Chasm chapter 28 . 1/8/2004
"Look alive, ye swabs! You, you're powder monkey. You, rammer. You, sponge. You, prime. Smartly now!"-Even though I know these are actual jobs, this line amuses me nonetheless.
Sarr Chasm chapter 27 . 1/8/2004
Hm... All we needed was Elizabeth to jump in and promise to marry Norrington and-oh, wait.
Love Sparrow's character shifts when you start to see something a bit deeper than the facade.
Lilianna chapter 30 . 1/8/2004
Forgive me if I'm unable to articulate a good response but..oh my god! I think after realizing that the page wouldn't scroll down any longer because you had written no more that my mouth hung open for a while. Jack...shot and not only that but Bitmore got away...AGAIN! What is he a cat with nine lives? Geez, that guys gotta get punished! Oi! Anyway, keep it up and wow, that room that they were fighting in...lol it's gotta be a mess I'd hate to be the housekeeper.
Cheers,
Lily-
Darwin chapter 29 . 1/8/2004
Yay! Excellent job! Very excellent!
I love how Will just got all giddy in the middle of an epic battle in the middle of a courtyard! LOL what a vision!
And thank you for the realism of 'Liz being unable to break open the kegs easily. And having problems with an Axe like most of her stature would.
That you have made nothing in this story a given has been the most refreshing thing. Your charecterization is on the money and down to earth. The charecters breath, feel, fail and triumph (Even over small things such as finally getting a good hit on a barrel with an axe) just like anyone in the real world. That is why the story is so intriguing and so easy to get hooked on!
LOL! I am gushing again!
Well good job and I am certainly looking forward to all of the tying of lose ends and any surprises that might come along!
Lilianna chapter 29 . 1/8/2004
Yes! Almost there! You think your repeating yourself by saying thanks to all of your reviewer...well we're all repeating ourselves when we say how great of a story this is! You have produced, yet again, another slendid chapter! Keep up the great work. I do have one question though. The ax that Elizabeth was weilding to crack open the kegs of gunpowder and such, would there not have been some sort of a spark that would have ignited and exploded the entire barrel? Mind you, it's not as if I have any real experience with gunpowder I'm just going off of my Chemistry experience.
Cheers,
Lily-
jigglykat chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
I am so excited. You have had me on the edge of my seat for awhile now! And your updates! AMAZINGLY QUICK! I'll be so sad when this is over. *sniff* You are an amazing writer! I hope to see more of you in the future!
Lady Lunas chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
This is really good... one of the best PotC fics I have read. And you'd better update tomorrow or else I... won't read your story again!
dshael chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
Love the last part of this chapter, where Jack Sparrow proves he really can keep his mouth shut...
Jocelyn chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
Torches? Pitchforks? Oh come on, what do you take us for? (Brandishes musket) We're MUCH more violent than that!
Boy oh boy, I'm sorry I haven't been reviewing as oft as I should, but I am reading faithfully and loving this. Please don't keep us in suspense much longer! Can't wait till the end! (Wish I could only get my own fic done that fast!)
Kayden Eidyak chapter 29 . 1/7/2004
THAT DOES IT! *raises torch and pitchfork* Wait - I'm a pirate. *raises pistol and cutlass* MUTINY! ERIN HOW COULD YOU? I am absolutely speechless. I can think of nothing to say. *mouths wordlessly* It was just that good. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.
463 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »