Reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The African Star
cornflakesnobowl chapter 9 . 11/16/2006
i like these wise old man characters you have come up with. Ol' Jack and the smoking man, their accents are great too, and i wonder what smoking man meant by those riddles!

lovely story so far, i like that fact you're kepping Jack and Will in character! i can imagine some of the things they say and do in my head.
cornflakesnobowl chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
ive been meaning to read this for the longest... just now getting to it. sounds good so far!
willslover chapter 32 . 9/26/2006
great story! only thing , i missed some more W/E fluff! but great nonetheless! (i love that word, especially pronounced by davy jones!)
Cestari chapter 32 . 8/20/2006
Wow. Wow. I loved it.
Cestari chapter 2 . 8/19/2006
I love it!
Isabelle chapter 32 . 7/11/2006
Thank you for taking the time to write this truly wonderful story, I hope that God grants you the resources to write many more.

Cheers for the good read.

Isabelle
Zeech chapter 32 . 7/7/2006
Hey ErinRua, remember me? Yeah, me neither...

I just wanted to say what I'm almost certain I have said before. If it had been up to me, sitting in that big chair with all the money to throw at any script that came my way... I would've have contacted you, and had you turn this into a screen play.

I said it before, I'll say it again: this should've been the sequel. Kudos to an amazing author! )
MaskedKitten chapter 32 . 7/6/2006
I read this today in one sitting... I needed to get my Pirates fix while I waited for the day to pass so I could go to the midnight showing of DMC tonight. This story was amazing! The attention to detail alone astounding...but I also really love how you've written the characters. All of them were spot on.

My favorite part of this last chapter was Norrington observing the festivities...I always adore a well written Norrington, and you've succeeded in that and then some. That whole segment was touching.
Runciman chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Great job! You obviously did your homework. I loved the many little details, like the implication that Sparrow once worked for the Crown as a privateer, or Roisin's Gaelic war cry (my father is from Eire). I liked how the supernatural elements are mostly hinted at rather than spelled out (I much prefer the first trailer of 'Dead Man's Chest', where you hear Davy Jones but don't actually see him). Finally, it took some nerve to bring a glimpse of harsh reality into POTC's fantasy world. It's sad to recall that slavery lingered on in America until 1865 (until 18 in Brazil), and that real captives on slave ships knew nobody was coming to rescue them. Well done, and Happy Independence Day.
Soph chapter 32 . 6/21/2006
A truly excellent story, the voices of all the characters (even Jack's - a really impressive accomplishment!)were spot on. Congratulations and thank you very much!
BookRose chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
This has to be one of the best stories I have ever read in my life. Seriously, I have read it twice and I plan to read it again just before I go see Dead Man's Chest. Whenever I read this story, It feels like anothre blockbuster Pirate's movie and Reality always jars like a sudden stop when it intrudes. I hope you continue to write more and I know that it would be very interesting if you wrote a story in corralation to Dead Man's Chest. I can't wait to read this story over.
vintena chapter 32 . 5/18/2006
I just want to add my "review" to your rather large collection. I can only echo what so many others have already said, excellent plot, well written, characters who stay 'in character' throughout the story. You have obviously done your homework in researching the details, and I just want to say "thank you" for your hard work, it is such a pleas
afk chapter 32 . 4/24/2006
one word amazing
Tinewen chapter 32 . 4/8/2006
Bravo! I enjoyed every second of reading this. You really captured Jack's spirit in this story. I loved it.
ellennar chapter 8 . 2/26/2006
Not sure how I overlooked this delightful gem of yours before but you have me thoroughly hooked and I'm looking forward to find a some time to finish it...
458 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »