Reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: The African Star
Blank chapter 2 . 10/4/2003
I'm really enjoying this story- Jack's encounter with the merchant ship had me laughing out loud, and the way Will handled the stranger's demands in this chapter was excellent. Just like Will )

You've got a good writing style and an interesting story. I'm really looking forward to more of this!
Amarie1 chapter 2 . 10/2/2003
A WIP! You are too cruel. *sigh* Anyway, in case you couldn't tell, I'm hooked. So far, all characters ring true and can I help beat up the slaver guys? Two favorites:

Sparrow leaned towards Master Bemis and touched a grimy finger alongside his nose. "Remember, mate - the female of the species is always deadlier than the male."

May it stand as a warning to be heeded. And this one.

He carried his ill humor with him like a smell,

I've known people like that, and sad to say, I may have dated one like that, bleh.

Good job and keep those chapters coming, gets cranky when we start throwing tomatoes!
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
I just found this precious jewel of a story..

MAN! You have such a way with the descriptive words and the charactarizations of Jack and the crew. Love the dialogue. You really did your homework on the type of work that goes on on the ship..

Ok.. You are on my Author Alert list and in my favorites.. gotta keep track of this one. In repayment for my review services, you shall update soon and often.. Do we have an accord?

Charlie chapter 2 . 10/2/2003
This looks very interesting. Plz continue it! I'd love to know what happens! Your descriptions are excellent!
NekoMegami-chan chapter 2 . 10/2/2003
This is so good! An even better chapter than the last. I really do hope that you update every five days, that would be outstanding!
NekoMegami-chan chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
I'm in awe! Your writing style is so descriptive and you have an amazing grip on the characters! Not to mention that you obviously know your stuff when it comes to sailing vessels! I can't wait to read more!
Medea's Lullaby chapter 2 . 10/1/2003
Oh. This is, by far, one of the best stories on here!

Though, there were a few parts that I found slightly difficult to read... nothing too big, just that some of the lines seemed...

overwhelming. Also, though I love the use of "sailor jargon", a person who has no knowledge of ships or boats might probably lose interest after the first few "bo'suns" and "starboard quarters". Just a suggestion.

Oh and one more thing. And this one is totally a matter of taste and opinion. You have a very... solid style. Which, while I find it very enjoyable... I thought that maybe you could try a little more... urm (I almost hate saying this) flowery language. But as I've said before, a complete matter of taste and opinion.

Really though, you make this story work for you (even without the flowery language). And Jack, Will and Elizabeth aren't out of character! I was quite excited about that one. Oh, I love the imagery and the style. And just the fact that this story has so many layers, so much character. Definitely one of my favorites on this board.

Anyway, I really hope you don't mind me picking your story apart. It really is a brilliant piece of work. You have some awesome talent! Ahh! I can hardly wait for your next chapters! Go! Get to writing!
wellduh chapter 2 . 10/1/2003
Looks promising, keep writing!
458 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31