Reviews for Of Dwarvish Ale and Battle Scars
Nanda relicquaeroyahoo.com chapter 1 . 12/24/2003
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard as a result of a single story in my entire life. This was absolutely HILARIOUS, and is most definitely going on my favorites list. Thank you very much for a fantastic read. Just a word of warning, though... make sure you're making the sequal for the right reasons, okay? _ Things are usually funnier if left alone, so if you're doing it to appease your readers... Anyway, I'm SURE you know what you're doing, and I know you are talented enough to pull it off if you wanted to, but just beware of the dopey-sequal syndrome. Again, thank you for the excellent read. Merry Christmas to you!
Lily Dragonquill chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
That story was hilarious! I had tears of laughter in my eyes! What a funny picture... seeing Faramir and Frodo drinking ale together and then Aragorn joining them!
very well written! I liked it a lot and I'm looking forward to the sequel you're planing.
websterans chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
Funny. Really funny
Cantora chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
HYSTERICAL! Recommended by a friend in fact, the loverly Erisinia Gazelle, if you wish to thank her. Wow this is so funny! Imagine the Steward of Gondor, the respected Ringbearer, and the King of... well, basically Middle-earth in general sitting in an abandoned room drunk on Dwarvish ale and exchanging drinking ditties. How uncomplimentary. Well, off to bed for work calls early in the mornings! Will read next chappie soon i hope!
Rebecca Starflower chapter 2 . 10/29/2003
oh, fair aratlithiel, oh wonderful writer/beta/cool person...this rocked. completely. i sat there sniggering for half an hour while my sister glared over my shoulder (she wanted to get onto the computer). i'm feeling a bit merry myself...lol.

thank you!
Earelwen chapter 2 . 10/26/2003
i can hardly write from laughing so hard. I love thisstory and am on my way to the sequel. This is quite different from ur usual but this is still absolutely brilliant. great stuff. please keep writting. u have now sucsessfully made me cry like a baby at on the wings of eagles and laugh hysterically at this. i love it

ps: where can i get my hand on some dwarvish ale?
Erin's daughter chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Oh Aratlithiel, this is hilarious! I ended up almost like Frodo and I was certainly laughing helplessly!

I truly am not certain what I found funniest. Oh dear absolutely brilliant!

I think it was Aragorn who finally finished me off, with 'My city'

What a hoot!

Got to read the sequel...
shireling chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
This is very ,very touching and very funny.

The thought of Frodo and Faramir comparing battle scars and rolling around laughing is just precious.

helen
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
Please forgive my tardiness, but I have at long last managed to read this story and I loved it! I think my favorite bit was probably the Boromir-bite...oh, and just what *was* Frodo originally going to do with that cask of ale, anyway?

I am delighted to be the dedicatee (is that a word?) of such an enjoyable story! *Raises mug of dwarven ale to you*

-Rose
Chris chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
Loved the humour! Hope you will do more! :D Of course, would hate to be Frodo in the morning! *G*
Inwitari chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
OME...ROTFLMAO!

"FRODO BAGGINS! "

Hehehehehhehe! Wondrous, love,simply wondrous. When we htink of all the sadness held in those blue ees, we oft tmes forget of the mirth and devilment there as well. Thank you for reminding me!
Gentle Hobbit chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
Ah, reread this again... This time I enjoyed the comparing of battle scars. You know, I can just see Faramir acting in this somewhat bemused way - following Frodo's lead, even if instinct tells him otherwise...

You've heard me say this before, but good job! I really hope that there might be a sequel!
Shire Baggins chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
That was hilarious! The limericks were great and it was such fun to see Master Baggins in such a state. I enjoyed the way he manipulated Faramir throughout the story. I'd love to see Gimli's and Pippin's reactions to Frodo's stealing the ale. Thanks for such a refreshing tale!
frodo16424 chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
ROFLMAO! Very funny! Absolutely loved it! Frodo? Bossy? Never! Just imagine if Pippin HAD goten the cask! LOL!
MBradford chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Oh, my. I think I'm laughing almost as hard as Frodo! You said you wouldn't make us cry with this fic, but I think there will definitely be a few tears of mirth around here!
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »