Reviews for Of Dwarvish Ale and Battle Scars
Ariel3 chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Oh, this is precious! I was snickering throughout - I think you have succeeded in both your aims, I was neither grossed out nor made to cry, except possibly for tears of laughter.

But I think the BEST part of this fic is your Frodo! He is BOOK Frodo, precisely, perfectly in character for the hobbit I grew to know and adore so many years ago! I don't think I have ever seen anyone write him as well as you have always done. Bravo!

Ariel
endymion2 chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
My God, Arathlithiel! That was totally unexpected ! Your fics are usually , although very beautiful, very dark, too.

But this was hilarious, just what I needed tonight, yet with a tiny angsty undercurrent.

LOVED bossy smart Frodo!

„Faramir got the distinct impression that young Peregrin was frequently on the receiving end of this particular tone of voice.“

“That old wizard should dream up a better form of entertainment than hunting down escaped hobbits“

“’S very bossy,” Faramir put in. “Been ordering me about all day.”

„“Pah!” was Frodo’s considered response.“
Budgielover chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
I loved this! It was funny with bittersweet moments, and so many threads woven through it like Frodo's pain at being called "Ringbearer" and hiding from Gandalf and stealing the ale! And the limericks (rolls over laughing)!

I like your writing style, too, mixing dialogue and action with just the right amount of scene-setting detail. Wonderful story - thank you!
altariel chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Frankly hilarious the competition of songs between Frodo and Faramir. And one sees this aspect Took's of Frodo
Trust No One chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Oh, but you DID make me cry, only with laughter. This was absolutely delightful! Where did you come up with those rhymes anyway? And I loved the fact that the story could have turned angsty at one point, but it didn't..well, the stroke of a mster! But then again, I knew you could write humour, I'll never forget the 'ogling' scene from 'Harthad Uluithiad'! Thank you!
Rose Sared chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
Well this was fun and nobody was grossed out unless you have a thing about drunk people and no one cried except with laughter. Well done do it more, lots.

Rose
Sublomie chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
LOL. that was so funny. where do you get the dwarvish ale?
37 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3