Reviews for Drifters in the Night Sky
CrAzY-SiLLy-Me chapter 4 . 9/25/2004
I was pretty bored searching for a good fic until I found this. Yup. I do agree with the romance thing but I still do it. Probably because I got influenced by my friends too much! _ Anyway, keep up the good work. It's really detailed and original. Go for it! I'll be supporting you!
Akino Ame chapter 4 . 9/1/2004
*sigh* I didn't get the chance to review this earlier, and now that my sister got me angry, I just know I'm not going to give as good a review as I wanted to.

You realize that this is the first and probably only time we updated at the same time? Strange coincidence.

This chapter, just as all your works, was beautiful. Although I did have to keep slapping a certain muse named Steve for pointing out similarities between Kouji's trials with his family and what I have planned for Lou of my NY Diaries team, I did very much enjoy this. I loved how he believed that the gods were honestly against them, and that sneering voice in his head (reminding Steve oddly of Voldemort) did not help matters. His decision for revenge by sacrificing himself was also quite creative. To compare to another Diaries character who believed God was against him, it was completely different from what I expected, as the Diaries child had decided to turn against God and fight on the side of evil. Very interesting that Rustef had not been able to believe Kouji would be forlorn enough to sacrifice himself. Just shows how much he knew his kid, eh?

Okay, I know the dialect is supposed to be that way, but it highly reminded me of Briar before Rosethorn got to him and made him learn how to speak Imperial. And the village of Neklara, which made Kouji a Neklaran-I read it aloud and found it hauntingly similar to Niklaren. *raises eyebrow* Just how much of this is Emelan and how much is Tortall?

Excellent excellent job, Raven. Your months spent on this chapter are clearly shown in the way you set this up. Rather than depressed suicide, it's a sacrifice to spite the gods. And judging by the looks of it, it's a sacrifice that will fail. And don't worry about high school; trust me, it's not as bad as you think. NHS, on the other hand...

Till the next!
GemmaniGirl chapter 4 . 9/1/2004
Ah Kouji don't die! ack UPDATE ASAP PLEASE! i gotta know what happens!
Sol Falling chapter 3 . 3/9/2004
Hi.
I've only recently signed up myself, and am still too lazy to bother writing anything yet, and do not mention anything about the fourth season of digimon in my bio, but this is pretty good. You're right, of course, about the poor quality of romance fictions, so I look forward to your continueing this story.
I found the names you've invented intriguing, and they add a very original touch to your story. However, and I may not be in a position to criticize, having never posted anything myself, I do think you may be using the names of the gods slightly too much. It is sometimes difficult to keep track of unfamiliar deities.
Although I am disappointed by the quality of romance fictions, I am rather pathetically sappy myself (no one really knows this, of course), so I do anticipate the actual meeting of the main characters. Seeing as you said this event would happen rather later, I eagerly await your update.
PS. I'm adding your fiction to my favourite stories list.
Carbonated Angel chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
ah!
a wonderful story indeed! i like your writing! art thou a tolkien fan? honestly, this is a quality kouzumi. i may be an inexperienced newbie, but i know good writing when i see it. update soon!
GemmaniGirl chapter 3 . 10/18/2003
Yes i added this to my favs list. it very well written in my oppinion
won't say chapter 3 . 10/16/2003
Really nice! This is a rare quality Kozumi! Keep up the good work!

P. just a bit too much description.o_O
RIMIRUKA chapter 3 . 10/9/2003
Seriously..it's so descriptive! No...beyond descriptive! I love! I love! _...anyways...you should continue...it's good..i don't care if the kouzumi comes later or not..I'm jusy...inspired I guess..well...gotta do my homework! Ja!

_Akumi
piri-sama chapter 3 . 10/9/2003
Nani: Very... ano... dicripitive! Yes! That is the word! VERY DESCRIPTIVE! I dunno how to spell the word but yeah. Update soon cause I like! And Kozumi won't cum out until later? Aw... oh well... are you going to add more characters?

Kouji: nani... too many questions...

Nani: No! Well bye bye! and update soon! hehe!

Izumi: Hwah! *slams mallet on Nani's head* Finally!

Nani: ow... good night... Update soon!*falls asleep*

Kouji: don't worry she's always like this...
Akino Ame chapter 3 . 10/9/2003
First off, happy birthday to your friend. I hope he/she has many more.

Excellent chapter as usual. I'm glad to see that you're going to keep up with this wonderfully intriguing plotline and spend less time on the romance. Zoe's last name was very well thought out, though it has a bit of a Gaelic sound more than a Mediterranean sound. And I noticed your bit with the shipwreck seemed to match the fate of Third Ship Kisubo to the letter, minus Niko saving Daja. I half-expected some rich mage to appear and help Zoe. (And on the subject of Pierce's other works, I haven't been able to read them. The Circle of Magic quartets are easier to find than the Tortall series)

Good Ryukis? Hmm, these are harder to find nowadays. I suggest my friend C. Queen's works such as "The Tamers Meet the DigiDestined" and "There For You"-Alice Mccoy is generally a main character in both, and these are sometimes funny, but they're always good. Then there's Kylara Ishida-Briefs and her "A Forbidden Love." I'd suggest Fuzzy Wuzzy Whitnery's "Love Conquers All: Infliktion," but she discontinued it due to lack of plot and only humor (and Kazu in a frilly pink dress, but that's another story). I recommend looking through some of my favorite authors and stories for some very good fics.

Well, that's about all I can say before my sister gets off the phone and starts reading. Keep up the great work, and I'll be waiting to read more.
reviewer 101 chapter 3 . 10/9/2003
It doesn't take a genius to figure out a good story when a person sees one. One with plot primary, romance secondary especially. Kouzumi simply blinds most of the writers into writing mushy stuff without a proper plot.

The detail you gave to the sea and how Izumi(Zoe) felt was astonishing, honestly. I can hardly wait for the next chapter already.

Then again, only 9 reviews when I started reading this new chapter? Thats an insult to your work. Simply doesn't justifies the quality you produce. I do hope you get more helpful critiques, and thus you can write better! XO

Supporter of thee,

101
Verothium chapter 2 . 10/7/2003
So... good...I...can...never...compare... AH!

CONTINUE! CONTINUE! YOU"RE GOING ON MY FAVS!

(oh and one little thing, please put some Kouzumi? . PLEASE? I know, I'm one sugar-high girl. Technically, sugar actually calms me down!)

ROCK ON!
reviewer 101 chapter 2 . 10/4/2003
*drops a ring*

Ah, another good author joins the FFN community. I do hope you keep up your story, its a really interesting and original plot. Also one of the few stories that have proper paragraphing and ... plain attractiveness.

keep up the good work
piri-sama chapter 2 . 10/4/2003
Nani: Cool! I like yer story! Must continue wit it or I get mad! I am kind of confused about the story/plot and all but it's different! Update soon! (I have to too...) Yay!

Izumi: Don't mind her... she's our little gifted one.

Kouji: Yup

Nani: HEY! *growls*

Izumi and KOuji: RUN! *runs away from Nani*

Nani: BYe! Update son! And please make the next chapter! Kozumi all the way! Yay!
Akino Ame chapter 2 . 10/4/2003
Wow. I inspired you? *Begins whacking self in head* Stop inspiring people, Akino! *promtly stops* For a good Kouzumi with a plot, I suggest Bookwyrm's "Decisions," which doesn't feature much romance, but does involve Izumi being forced to make a devastating decision or else watch her friends die. Mention a few of your favorite couplings in your next a/n, and I might be able to suggest some good fics. I've seen good Soratos, Kenyakos, and some others that have been cliched like Kouzumi.

Anyway, back to business as Kage would say. I loved the way this chapter went. The loss of hope in Kouji reminded me of Raven in the Zoids episode "The Distant Stars." Don't worry if you've never seen the show; this is just me ranting for a bit. And this whole universe reminds me very much of Tamora Pierce's works. I enjoy this very much.

It looks like my hopes will be realized. You are becoming a very good author. I can't wait to see what more you have to show us.