Reviews for When you wish upon a sword
KrisB-71854 chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
Oh gosh, I'm re-reading some old stuff. I so did like this one. My one major complaint though was that it needed a few more chapters.

I could easily see Ranma being trained as his next heir and doing fine at it. I actually wanted to see Ryoga pop up and try to save Akane from Kuno. I agree with folks that there most be something in the Tendo waters that make them more insane than the Kunos.

This needs a 5 years later to really finish it up. You can see Cologne not wanting either of the girls going after him. Akane is taken.

I never knew that Japan was that prejudiced, but hey you are right that it likely just depends on certain social cirlces and such.

There is a part of me that would love to see Ranma/Ranko being known world wide and in very high demand as well as making lots of money before he ever runs into anyone from that time. I'd love to see him introduce her as his wife and seeing many folks reaction. Ah well. Likely not with this one.
DCWestby chapter 6 . 6/27/2009
Its sad that you discontinued this, because you had a very good idea and really wrote it out well. Wish you could continue this story, but seeing as how 7 years have passed since then, I can understand if there is no muse for this left.

You have certainly written from a unique perspective which as I stated previously, would be a great gem to continue it. It brings a good question to mind tho. How would they have turned out if the girls mothers were around and not dead, or as happened here, resurrected. I'm not quite sure on the Tendo/Kuno alliance as I think Kimiko would be a bit more sensitive to her youngest daughter's feelings about the whole thing. But thats just my thinking.

You did a wonderful story so far and I realize it isnt likely you'd drag this out of retirement, but it would be a good story to at least review for possible continuing.

Take care and keep writing.
mikebreslau chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
Very good - and well worth reading.

It doesn't deserve a longer or fuller treatment, but it does stand on its own merits.

thanks
Alex Ultra chapter 6 . 7/3/2004
It's too bad you have no intent to continue this story any further. I can think of things I would have suggested in such the case as you were taking further suggestions... oh well. I hope you don't mind if I use some of your ideas? (And perhaps some of their connected plot-holes?)

If this had been my story, I likely would have added in an epic-type of element. "The shadows stir behind every corner, watching as things play out among those who had made and taken the wish in stride. For, though made in the name of the light, and done through both Holy and Unholy magics, it had still disrupted the balance. And thus, the shadows plot for the day when it is their turn. Their turn to take things to a head." O_O I could make excuse on excuse, but I don't want to get into that now. -_-''

LATER
Orpheus2 chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
I actually read this story a while back on , but as you don't have an e-mail address here, I felt this was the only way I could ask. Would you be willing to let me use the basic concept of the wishing sword 'nexus' for a fic? It would be a self-insert, if you feel the need to know.

Orpheus
dogbertcarroll chapter 6 . 4/8/2003
Damn. Are you sure you want to end it like this? There is a lot of good material left to cover. I'd at least like to follow Ranma/Ranco. I want to see their reationship develop now that the Genma's of stupidity are gone.
dogbertcarroll chapter 5 . 4/8/2003
nor was it considered de rigeur for even a yoga master to have vengeance-crazed rivals.

Ever watch Darma and Greg?

Nabiki exchanged a glance with those around her. "You realize, of course, what this situation calls for."

Valuim? Medicinal Pot? Everclear?
dogbertcarroll chapter 4 . 4/8/2003
Good kid. Just as mentally agile as a brick and it'd likely take three bottles of Formula 110 to undo some of the grief his father had caused the child's psyche.

Hey, You could remove all memories of the catfist training!

Kimiko smiled at the way Akane yelled at Kuno and threatened to hit him. Except that she'd discovered upon winding back for the punch, that she'd uncovered herself again. Yes, it must be love.

Is there some strange substance in the Tendo family drinking water that causes people to equate violence with love?
dogbertcarroll chapter 3 . 4/8/2003
The Giant Stuffed Toy of Catfist Curing. I love it! Too bad he will no longer have catfist tho'

I cast out from thee the Demons of Stupidity!

Wouldn't that negate Genma's existance? I love that line for obvious reasons.

"Never gonna be a weapons platform again," she sang softly to the birds outside the window.

AH. Her own version of the never going to be a girl again song.

Land's sakes, this could top what Liao Bing had gone through back in the seventies!

What exactly did she go through?

So far so good!
dogbertcarroll chapter 2 . 4/8/2003
LOL This promises to be complicated!
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
Who cares abought cannon? It's a damn good story.
Final-Fan chapter 6 . 4/28/2002
Great story. Too bad you don't plan on continuing it.

But I wonder: Did you get James West from some book/movie/whatever or did you actually make him up? If, as I suspect, it is the latter, could you add a bit telling me where he's from? Pretty please?

Anyhow, nice story.
Sunhawk chapter 5 . 2/19/2002
(sniff) sorry to see this end on such an incomplete note...

Good story.
BlazeStryker chapter 6 . 2/1/2002
I always liked this project, and I hope you offer it for others to continue with.

The Time Traveler: I assume it's Doc of the Back to the Future series of movies.. speaking of which, Ranma should be GLAD that it wasn't the MOVIE James West, given that Blacks aren't given much respect at ALL in Japan!

Ja Ne! (Hope I got that right)
Mike Carlson chapter 6 . 7/19/2001
I believe you should continue the story. I has just gotten good. I want to see Akane tied to Kuno. I think it is something she deserves.

I also like the direction you are taking Ranko and Nodoka. Please continue it.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »