Reviews for Among The Brambles
Stronger123 chapter 52 . 10/11/2013
Amazing!
LilyJames addict chapter 51 . 10/13/2007
i just had to leave another review, cause every time i read this story it makes me happy :D great job.
Rhyselle chapter 52 . 7/3/2007
Wow! I really loved this story! I only just found it a few days ago.

It is NOT a Mary Sue in the least, and Alye is fascinatingly complex in all of her roles. I should have reviewed each chapter as I read it over my free time over the last three days, but I ust HAD to keep clicking the link to the next chapter and reading on.

You Legolas is not a shallow character, described by his physical appearance as I've seen in a lot of other stories in this site, but a deep one, with layers and layers of complexity created by his royal station, the loss of his mother, his participation in the quest, the sea longing, and his love for Alye. There were times I didn't like him very much, but I always had hope that things were really going to work out.

Alye's situation with her distorted upbringing added a significant complexity to her as well. Many OCs are not "people" to me, being author inserts, or maybe archetypes, but not a character with issues and reactions and feelings. I could empathise with her even when I was getting frustrated with her too.

Best of all, neither of them are perfect. They are good people, and fascinating to watch, but they both screw up when it comes to the development of their relationship, just like happens in real life.

An excellently told story of a relationship that grew and changed over millennia and ended up finally in a happy ending.

And I enjoyed your version of Thranduil too! So nice to see him as an "ordinary" elf when he's not on display to his populace. *grin* Wearing his leggings inside out and backwards just to see if anyone has the guts to say anything about it... *snicker*

I'm going to go read more of your works now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you've imagined and put into words.
LilyJames addict chapter 52 . 10/7/2006
so good! i'm just sorry that i didn't get to read about their wedding, or see Wind's father's face when he saw them together
UnnamedElement chapter 52 . 4/25/2006
This is the first LotR story I've read that was centered entirely (okay, not entirely, but mostly) around romance, and I think you did a brilliant job. Ooshie-gooshie kissy stuff really bothers me, and managed to keep it away from that so much, which was very nice. Hm, I looked at Legolas in a different light this fic. You almost wrote him as something entirely different from book or movie verse, but it still seemed plausible. It didn't rankle of anything. Congratulations! ;) Anyway, now that you have another review telling you how wonderful your story is, let's, er, have another story. Yeah, that's it. . . Thanks for sharing that with us. Cheers- Unnamed
Nieriel Raina chapter 52 . 3/30/2006
I LOVE this story! I'm not a big Legomance reader but this story & Her Choice were incredible! They are some of the best written stories I've read. I'd put you right up there with Thundera Tiger & that's saying a WHOLE LOT! Keep writing! You are talented!

-NiRi
ShopGirl1 chapter 23 . 10/20/2005
I love this story. Very Very well written. I'm a fan of a lot of your stories actually. Keep up the good work.

ShopGirl1
LadyJadePerendhil chapter 52 . 1/17/2005
TADA! WE made it through another saga. Do we get a sequel? Or an epilogue? And does her Dad get to reach the shores?
Animir chapter 52 . 1/17/2005
Ah, it's the end. The end!

And what an end. Not a soppy (is that even a word?) end, but an end that fits the story very well. I liked it.

You skipped a couple of years, but it was fitting. Though I would have liked to read some more about their wedding... And I would have liked to see the respons of her father in Valinor.

But, as a whole, I liked the entire story (you would never have guessed that, would you?)

And though it is a pity that it's over, I'm happy to have read it. And if you would happen you write some more about the two of them, I would love to read it.

All I want to say is:

Nea bedankt! (Nea, thank you!)

Animir
The Hobbit Ivy chapter 52 . 1/17/2005
GAH!

So brilliant! You seem to have jumped time with this chapter... and I like how you've wrapped it up! This whole story was amazing... (I may just have to read it again someday! ;) )

Will there be an epilouge? Sure hope so! (no pressure, though. ;))
Raider-K chapter 52 . 1/16/2005
Great story! and 52 chapters, wow! It really turned out to be quite a saga. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Wind's transformation throughout. Well done!

Now I suppose this gives you even more time to update "Keeper of the Stone," which I also love and have enjoyed reading. I'll be looking forward to those updates, and I hope that you keep writing more marvelous LOTR fiction.
eyes of sky chapter 7 . 1/13/2005
WOW! that was a twist and a half. i bow to your plotty genius! im still hyperventilating!
Animir chapter 51 . 1/12/2005
Jeh! You updated, and I had time to read! Hoeray!

Don't have much to say though. It was sweet and well written.

So, thanks for updating.

have fun, go mad

Animir

PS, I'm not much use as a reviewer, am I? All I can say is that I like your stories!
Nomad6 chapter 51 . 1/10/2005
Oh yay, a new chapter and everything is finally back to...ahh... normal.

nellie
CatrinaSL chapter 51 . 1/9/2005
This is a wonderful story. I can only hope that my attempt at an OC/LOTR character fic will be half as good.