Reviews for Breaking News
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 2 . 2/27/2007
Inverse "Solo Luck"

Fell off chair laughing.
Jedi Alanna chapter 4 . 8/24/2004
well, that was bothering me too, you'd think she'd want to do something fighty ish, is that a word? or maybe pod racing... o well...good chappie tho!
For You Blue chapter 4 . 8/22/2004
Nice. How about questioning Jacen about the beard again and beard off again issue, does he have or doesn't he? God I hate NJO authors!
MarshaMarshaMarsha chapter 4 . 8/20/2004
Heh. You have a knack for humorously pointing out the glaring inconsistancies that the pro authors and the Del-Rey/LFL editorial team just gloss over and would like us to ignore.

I mean, really: they spend 5 years telling us that Jaina is an immature, uncouth, rowdy & reckless tomboy who would rather fly than interact with people, and then all of a sudden at the very end of the series they say "And oh yeah: Jaina's like all MATURE now, and to prove it, she's going to become a lame duck character like Leia!"

The funny thing is, I finally got around to reading The Unifying Force in paperback, & it includes an in-depth interview with the "creative" team behind the whole NJO. Although Shelly Shapiro, Lucy Autry et. al. do a lot of evasive corporate-speak, they do confirm a couple things:

1. George Lucas did indeed say that Anakin Solo had to die because fans would be too stupid to figure out it was a different character than Anakin Skywalker.

Gee, thanks for having such faith in the fans who made you what you are today, George!

2. They acknowledge the series was rushed and suffered continuity, factual, and characterization errors as a result.

The arrogance of these people is simply stunning. You've done the fandom a huge favor by skewering the NJO mess.
Lucy Maimkill chapter 4 . 8/20/2004
I'll tell you what should happen?

The current NJO should be scrapped, and these posts should replace it. Far more well written, more plot, acurate character descriptions and, of course, not out of character. ie. Jag's eye's turning BLUE.
AdraLoran chapter 4 . 8/19/2004
*claps and hollers* I wish it weren't true, but they ARE totally contradicting her character!
Organa46 chapter 4 . 8/18/2004
That was great but it was short . I hope you write more on Jaina because this chapter wasn't as long as the others. Oh well keep up the good work.

All the Best

~organa46
Jedi Alanna chapter 3 . 7/11/2004
hehe, this stuff is so true, i hate it when the authors make mistakes in their books, or change things in the middle of the series. there were also slip-ups in other places, especially concerning the replacement of the supreme overlord, in force heretic, Nom Anor says one of the other leaders, like warmaster or high preist takes over, in Unifying force, its one of the specially bred warriors that have been raised in the lap of luxury. just interesting to know.
Organa46 chapter 3 . 7/4/2004
ha ha I liked this story. ~ O46
Organa46 chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT THE EYE COLOR ISSUE. It was really starting to bug me. Thank you!

All the Best

O46
jansonpls chapter 3 . 3/30/2004
Oh man. That was bloody hilarious.
It's been a while since I read TFP, and I left it a while before reading TUF.. so the later NJO books are kinda blank in my mind.
But I still laughed so hard for the past ten minutes. OMFG yes.
And wehn I read TFP again, I will probably sit there, laughing for hours. hehe
MarshaMarshaMarsha chapter 3 . 12/25/2003
"He promised me the position of protagonist after they disposed of my younger brother for having the wrong name."
LOL! Best. Shot. Ever. Right on target!
Heh.
yaebginn chapter 3 . 12/22/2003
good, but when did he dispeer? send it to me via email cya
lala chapter 3 . 12/22/2003
yay this was an awesome fic! i loved the part about jacen begging tenel ka to come save him lol. you should do a fic like this for some of the other books!
yaebginn chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
hey! I found two errors! One in Dark Tide 1- Ruin and the other in Destiny's Way. The one in Ruin is on page 8 when they call Danni Quee a brunette. The one is Destiny's Way is when they say Danni had dark skin. I forget what page it is on. It is sometime when she and Jacen are together, porbly on the reef or the docks.