Reviews for The Pot and The Kettle
Karfinwen chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
This may be the first LOTR fanfiction I've ever read where two lovers in bed actually *sound* like two lovers in bed would sound at that time, in that universe. Most people either don't try hard enough or try too hard to remember that they're lazing around in bed in *Middle-earth*. You don't just have them put on airs and hope it's enough...they actually sound like realistic beings having a real relationship with one another.
Spyke Raven chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
You do write this relationship very well. I especially love Arwen's role in this. I am highly tempted to put on my slash-coloured goggles and go read the patron universe of this tale. (If only I could be certain there's no het in it... when it comes to Legolas and Gimli I cannot read another pairing. :-) Sorry!)
Ditto chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
It was really great but it needs more sex... come on I want an NC-17!
Little My chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
"His brows drew together, and he looked altogether so put out that the stone should have shaken itself into obedient pieces out of raw fear."

LOL! I love the image of Gimli splitting a cartload of stone to keep his mind off his insecurities.

This was very sweet and romantic, but with a lovely touch of melancholy. I liked that Legolas is also attempting to meet him halfway, by not complaining about the pipe smoke.

Thanks for this little series.
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
Hi! This is a great short vignette, together with its prequel. It is very well written and sounds emotionally very true to me. I especially loved the way that Legolas asks if the freedom given to him is going to continue - and *then*, if Gimli is going to be able to be happy if it does. Ansd in the story before this, Trust and Consequences, I loved the part of Arwen, "All you say is old news to women". It is true: if Legolas was female, Gimlis jealousy would count as normal as it is - sadly so.

I love the way you write and the way you tackle the more complicated and more downside parts of the Dwarwish/ elvish relationship in these stories.

Thank you!