Reviews for Lullaby
Umino Ayame chapter 3 . 2/5/2005
wow. this is really, really great. i love it. i'm glad you didn't see the need to be maudlin about tragedy. too many people do that. ever notice that, no matter how grievously someone is wounded, they nearly always have time for a parting speech? thanks for not doing that.
DragonSteel chapter 3 . 5/25/2004
The one for Dilandau was really good, the one for Folken was also good...but,I...didn't particulatly like the one for the twins. Also, I was a little confused at parts. Like the one with Folken, I kept on getting confused on whether you were talking about Folken or Dilandau. Oh, and, you know where at the end of the oine for Dilandau? Iwas confused when it said,l "Sir?" "Shh." because it says the same thing at the end of Folkens, and I had thought at the end of Dilandau's, that meant Dilandau had done to the DragonSlayers' what he had been trying to protect them from,so.. other than my confusion, it was good.
Digital Senshi Sailor Who chapter 3 . 3/8/2004
I think you stuck to the twins' characters really well, and you're *definitely* not the only one who gets wierd incestual vibes from those two, believe me. It's wonderful to actually see a fic about these two, because no one ever writes about them, and I love Naria and Eriya. This is one of the most well-written Escaflowne fanfics (or fanfics, period) that I have ever read, and I think you stayed remarkably true to the characters, even if it is depressing. But all of these characters had tragic lives, and most of them tragic ends, so I don't think it's wrong to protray them in that light. Not everyone has to (or should) have a happy ending, anyway.
Uh... I'm in love with your writing. I want to marry it. I bet that's illegal in most places, but I don't care. _
Digital Senshi Sailor Who chapter 2 . 3/8/2004
I like this one, too. Folken is my favorite character, though, so I'm biased. Your writing really reminds me of a couple of my twisted, creepy explorations into the minds of these particular Escaflowne characters...which is pretty cool, at least to me. _ Again, your writing style is just beautiful to read. You're extremely talented!
Digital Senshi Sailor Who chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
So creepy and dark! This earns an instant spot on my favorites list, and I haven't even finished it yet! Dilandau is a wonderful character to work with, and I love how you characterized him, especially at the end with him being exactly that which he despises...I think the boy has some serious issues to work out. :P Very in-character, and easy to see within the context of the show. Your writing style is beautiful and so are your descriptions. I love how you manage to say so much without being explicit or even going into a lot of detail.
Trench Kamen chapter 3 . 12/19/2003
Wow, this was good. In a garden of a lot of bad Escaflowne fanfics, this one shines.
I loved it.
Zero-Activity chapter 2 . 12/2/2003
No ones better then Folkie-sama! *grins*
...ok, on that note, I would just like to come down from the fangirl high, and tell you that I really enjoyed your poems about the characters, especially Folken, and even Naria. I always liked Naria the best between the sisters for some reason, maybe because I felt a bit sorry for her since Eriya won the coin toss...
Reasons For Laughing chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
that was really good. the way it was written, the way pieced together. It's was really good. more then a bit disterbing but still, praise for Aoi Akiko. very good.
Etowato chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
This is excellent, disturbing stuff. I am glad that it's not too long because I like it enough to want to read it over again and again. OK so I wouldn't mind if there are more, but it's very good like this. It's just very very good. [Sorry to be so repetitive...but it -is- very good.]
Scribe Shiloh chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
...wow. That was incredible. Absolutely incredible. I love the repeated line "and the lullaby rewrites itself." That is so powerful.

About the only confusing aspect to this was I was wondering whether in the beginning it was Dilandau and a Dragonslayer or not, but I figured it out pretty quick. _

Brilliantly excellent. I love it!