Reviews for Grief
Bluegoat chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Actually, I really enjoy your angst here. It's very typical of people to write tragedy with a bunch of dramatic metaphors and all the usual junk. Yours is refreshing for being void of that, I think. You convey emotion mostly without mentioning it, but by mentioning signs of it.
sarah chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
a very heartbreaking but accurate description of grief. how you always think it cant be true and wait for them to walk through the door.
Black Dracus chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Hm I enjoyed it very much. An interesting style, very terse and spare-how novel, to write something as painful and deep as grief from the view. Well written, well characterized, well done!
Alleonh chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
You may believe that you did not do a good job on this fic, but you did. The story bears the feeling of someone dealing with grief, and it almost seems like Squall may be walking a dream like dazed state. It is very affective.
Akefira chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
...Oh. Creepy and nifty and made me feel so shivery!

Very, very, very nice.
Queen000 chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
OMG despite the whole 'simple narrative' thing and the emotion being 'flat' i'd say it was very well written. I actually didn't even think of any of that until AFTER you mentioned it. :P

must be hard for u to write poorly and simply, eh?

well, i'm off to read more

ciao *waves*

Queen
Archway chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
The reader deems this story FANTASTIC! I've attempted to write stories like this before, but it never quite worked out. While reading your story, I nearly cried because of how you showed the grief of the characters through their actions, not their emotions. Actions *do* speak louder than words, after all. Bloody brilliant fic.
Senri chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
This fic is really excellent because it's so sparse, I think.
It portrays a stage of grief where things aren't loud anymore, where people are just tired and heartsick... There's so much emotion that's implied in this. An excellent piece.
akisawana chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
Holy shit.
I stand in awe at your fic. It was not flat or choppy or anything. I think I'm going to go cry now. I wanted to say something about just how damn powerful the description is but...holy shit.
Tsuyunoinochi Koukyo chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
... This is one of the best fics I've read on here, and I think you should be proud of it. I know well you are one of the best writers on this site, be proud! This story was touching, like old school romance. The short sentences only made it a ton better.
Baby Rose chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
Wow...you didn't need lengthy metaphors to make this powerful. Sure, it would've seemed like the normal way of writing a piece like this, but I think the theme you were going for was originality, and I think you pulled it off very well for a first time. I can't say I'd be too good at it...but I think you did a great job on this, don't be so hard on yourself. It was meant to be cold, and that's how it came off. Nice job.
GyrosKairos42 chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
This is one of the few instances in which the phrase "Show, don't tell" simply does not work. The detatchment is what makes this piece wound and wow and generally amaze/depress me. Good job, to say the least.
Twilight chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
I feel as though my heart has been ripped out. This fic of yours is awesome! *runs away bawling and laughing hyserically*
Little Chant chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
You * ! I thought Rinoa was dead...so happy it was just Zell... :)...but eh...no Squinoa ? Damn..why did I ever started reading this fanfic...I guess because it's a pretty darn good one ! Well, maybe you should update, if that's possible, 'cause you didn't say it was just a 'oneshot'...soo...Don't let Zell die ! Why did you let Zell die ! Why isn't there any Squinoa ? I like Squinoa... do you like Squinoa ?

-x-
myeerah chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Actions speak louder than words. You've done a good job of making your actions speak. :) There are some flaws, true, but you did very well for a first effort.