Reviews for The Road to Maturity
Elentariel chapter 2 . 8/8/2004
I love this story, its should be good so keep going. I think that the words in Sindarin for gradparents are: grandmother - naernaneth and gradfather - nearada but check it at

.com
twilight chapter 2 . 11/15/2003
First of all, thanx for fixing the problem with the first chapter. I finally got to read it. As for the Elvish translations, I do not believe that those words exist in the language. In the book, Tolkien did not use the term "niece" but "sister-daughter". For the aunt/uncle, try using a combo of "father-sister/brother" (state through whom the speaker has the relationship (i.e. Legolas' father or mother) and then that person's relationship to the person (i.e. brother/sister)). A term for aunt/uncle is: adar (or nanaeth for mother)-gwathel (for sister)/ gwanur (for brother). Use the slash in between definitions, but not a space. As for Grandfather/mother, I guess you just find a suitable word for "grand" (in cooridance with the intended meaning) and just use the dash and then Mother/Father. Sorry I could not be of much more help. I checked, like, all the dictionaries, and none had the words, so I just used . . Just as a note, the words adar and naneth are Sindarin, not Quenya. If you look in a Quenya site, the definitions will be different and confusing.
twilight chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
Okay, it's spectacular chapter so far, so don't get me wrong when I say WHERE THE HELL IS THE OTHER CHAPTER? I get on the fic, and under Default Chapter is Chapter 2! Where did one go? I wanna read it... Sorry 'bout that. Just thought you autta know that you have the same chapter posted twice (very misleading). Just please, *please*, get it fixed. Updating wouldn't hurt either, you know. *hint, hint*
CuriousDreamWeaver chapter 2 . 10/28/2003
Good chapter! Nicely written with good use of emotive language and imagery. Um, just out of curiousity, but why is there 'a name' in bold instead of a name? Is that a mistake? It's actually kinda funny... But I'm pretty twsited. LOL Anyways, good chapter! Write more!

_

DreamWeaver
Deana chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
This is cool so far! Poor young Legolas wants some action...I hope you give him some! LOL ;)
HalandLeg4ever chapter 2 . 10/27/2003
Ok, so Legolas is on his way to Imladris. An adventure! Yay! I can't wait to see what happens next!
eminemangelxb chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Great story write more soon
CuriousDreamWeaver chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
Great beginning! Good use of emotive language and imagery!

Poor Legolas, all cooped up and all.

Write more!

_

DreamWeaver
HalandLeg4ever chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
This is a good start. I'm enjoying your HP/LOTR story too! I also think, i might, and i stress might, know the line from the disney movie... but rather then venture a guess, I'd like to see if I'm right. Well, keep up the good work!