Reviews for Convergence
Rabid lola chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
this...was cool.

another thing i read before and am only reviewing now, for some odd reason... X_X

i love the detail here, and the descriptions...and the plot, actually. as always, the way you write is GOOD. _
limelie chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
Reading this made me feel like I was watching the real thing that happened before the GetBackers were formed. It's like - like something that awes everybody who will read this fic. You're pretty good at doing this stuff.
the PIEROTT chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
woah, that was quite long!

Well written, and Ban curses a lot in the fic.

Just to point out, some of the parts are original lines that came from the anime. But you knew that didn't you? I like this fic a lot, almost as if it was depicting what really happened

AY PORAIS YU!
Dark Elf3 chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
Wow. I... don't quite know what to say. Your fanfiction (getbackers specifically) was recommended to me by Gnine, after I read all of theirs and commented on them... so I decided to trail on over here. Because someone as amazing a writer as I found Gnine to be, to admire someone else... well there had to be something to it. And... and just wow. I am... I can't even say I am impressed- I am... shocked, stilled, quited, excited... I don't know... just struck with awe. The structure in this one-shot was... just... wonderful. The first to the seventh time, and the way it ended... I didn't know how you were going to end it... because the entire body of the story was so well written.. and how were you going to top that? How were you not going to lose force with your final words?... and ... you didn't. No way. No how. There you go, and my mouth drops open, and I swear - some people just have a skill for writing. I have no idea if this rambling comment makes sense at all- but... maybe... maybe just wow will have to be enough. There really are no words that I can find with which to describe your work. And now... I'm off to read more of your fics... and I'll comment on those as well- of course... but nothing this long or drawn out...probably. Ha.
kyouhi chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
You. are. so. AWESOME! The fic is so brilliantly written, it flows like poetry, yet they speak louder than words. You have a way with words, I suppose. Keep up the great work!
shadoewhunter chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
very cool. I like the dark layered flavor of it. It has levels beneath everything that makes you wonder if any of them, Midou or Ginji, really knows wut powers they share, and wut powers hold them apart.
Ginji-ban chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
*all hail X-parrot* for being able to come up wif a fic like that! You realli got me cleared on the fight between Ban and Ginji~! It was cool!
Chibi-chan v2.5 chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
Ehh...That was really good, I loved reading this. The way you portray Ginji and Ban are wonderfully done. :) Can't wait for more of your works.
YFL chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
Hm...

I like your version of how those two met. It coincides with hints that I've picked up. Not necessarily original, but the idea is intriguing.

Both of them were so much in pain... and I like the way you make it sound like a countdown of sorts... the Raitei was cold (but yes, I have to agree that it does feel a bit wooden) and the injured Serpent really had issues back then.

"Convergence" left me breathless, as it had been reading "Darkness Visible". Please continue.
panda chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Very descriptive and good insight into both characters ). I like how you resolved it into the end...And Ginji as Raitei is so cool P
Imbrium chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Hehe. Reading people's interpretations on how Ban and Ginji met is always interesting. It makes me insanely curious, how those two could have gone from trying to beat the crap out each other to well, how you see them in the anime. The fangirl in me wants to squeal that it's 'cause of, "troo lurve~!" but the rest of me realizes that things probably happened more along the lines of your fic.

You fic isn't bad- it had some good ideas. Like I liked your interpretation of Raitei era!Ban and why he's always spoiling for a fight. Other parts didn't work quite so well though. Your Raitei, for example, seemed really flat to me. I mean, I know he's supposed to be all cold and detached and stuff but still, a lot of his dialogue comes off as really wooden and sorta dull. I could have done without all the near monosyllabic sentences too, it makes him sound a bit like a caveman. ;;

Some of the dialogue between Ban and Raitei seemed a bit contrived also. It felt like you had a specific agenda of stuff you wanted them to say, so the conversations just didn't seem to flow very naturally to me. ::shrugs::

Lastly, the fights could use a little bit of editing. Just listing fight after fight made the fic drag a little, imo.

You're a pretty good writer though and I like your writing style. :)
firedraygon chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
I love how you write. It's so good!

Please write more soon. Keep up the great work! XD