Reviews for Wheels, Broken
Sariyuki chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Heh. After a long absence from the fandom, it's great to be reading good old 383 fics again (thanks to C2 community Undercurrent).

Wonderfully, beautifully written! I really appreciate it. Cheers~
rasinah chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
Droolz... I'm always in envy of your wonderful portrayal of Hakkai and Sanzo. Only the best could capture that level of maturity and witty intelligence of them both. I like the slightly ebil Hakkai here, a side of him that can go horribly wrong if one can't write him well enough.

Ok ok, allow me to spaz now... *squee*
authorialintent chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
...if I weren't ready to gush, I'd be speechless. Oh, my.

There are too many good lines and choice words in this piece to bother complimenting individually. Your characterizations are spectacular, the way you deal with non-attachment is realistic, and the minimalism merely reinforces the meaning (as it should in a 38/83 fic!)

The dynamic you captured in this story is the essence of what draws me to this pairing-its maturity and the marked dissimilarities of what these two men share.

*pets the pretty symbols* I'm keeping this one around for awhile. *twirls around*

By the way, the glasses you mentioned I'd need to find the shounen-ai are all steamed over. ;)
Sorchafyre chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
I love this story, no real review, I just had to add it to my favorites list.
Veszelyite chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
Ah. I read this one quite a while ago, shortly after getting into the Saiyuki fandom, in fact. So of course, it was before actually seeing the anime episode mentioned in the spoilers warning. Nonetheless, this is still one of my favorites fics-number one, because the scene is utterly realistic, and number two, because of the wonderful dialogue-the truthful and accurate observations made by both characters and the subtext that goes with them (and number three, because I am insanely jealous of anyone who can write a believable Sanzo!) The story is written in a poetic and unusual style, with messages that stay with the reader long after they've come to the end of the piece. (Even months after, when they've finally seen the episode in question...) _ I've enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing it.
Karcy chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Dang, I missed that episode. I guess that makes my review lopsided, eh? I like the way you create weight with your words. Nice bit about the cigarette.
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
One of those fics you have to reread to get the full idea.
Devera chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
M lyrical and fascinating, but perhaps just as revealiing about what you think of Hakkai as what you think of Sanzo...? I'd be really curious to see if you could carry this same approach/tone through with the other characters in a similar way to see what was revealed, but perhaps you are not so interested in doing that? Anyway, I really enjoyed it! Thanks!
crankyhermit chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
Argh, the no anonymous reviewing thing is a lot of hoops to jump through, but good story. Nice detail, perspective and ust.