Reviews for Haunting
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Fred was trying to help Spike.
Midzst chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Wonderful job! Great conclusion.
WitchGirl chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Fantastic. Very in character of both of them, I must say. I always loved the Spike/Fred interactions and the bond they formed when she was trying to help him- really well played-up by James Marsters in "A Hole in the World." He was just as determined not to lose her as the rest of them. Oh and I forgot to mention- There was a quote I really liked in your last fic, with Lorne and Spike, Catching Up... "he was greeted by a cocktail of alien scents that tasted like a promise." You have wonderful skill, I hope to read more of your stuff.
Crazy Green Person chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
Oh. My. God. I LOVE YOU! *calms down a bit* This is so good! I love Fred, and Spike is HOT *gets rabid* and I love this story. it's well written, and I would say more, but the evils of not yet being in College are taking their tolls and I have to go down for Din-Din.

Crazy and Green, The Person
ash chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
I think that this has the potential to become and excellent story if you have the mind to take it that far. I think it's very good as it is, but it could be even better if you continued it.

But I did enjoy this, as short as it was. Keep on writing.
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Well, it's been a while since I got back into the Angel fic scene, but after seeing last Wednesday's ep, I'm glad I came across this one. ;-)

I will be honest, I missed most of last season so I'm not sure how much Fred has changed from when she got picked up from Lorne's realm to where she in now. But, from what I read, you really have her down pat.

I don't remember what happened to her, but wasn't there a librarian (with those scrolling eyeballs) who knew pretty much everything?

I can see hoe Fred would want to do some of her own research on Spike since no one else seemed to take the time to give a brief bio.

This is almost like the Apple of Knowledge allegory. She's read about Spike, but I can see how she might be tempted to read up on Angel. Just to see what kind of boss she has(had?)

Hope to read more...
Harper4 chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Great story, Harper! You caught Spike and Fred very well. And I like that Spike didn't say anything along the lines of "that wasn't me, got a soul now." Always seemed a bit like a copout... How can you atone for something you don't claim responsibility for, after all?
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Interesting, though not very pairing. I liked the story and the reactions were very in character.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
I was going to feedback to you personally about this - and then I saw that you'd only got the 2 reviews here and that seemed...well...ridiculous.

This is a fantastic short fic; beautifully paced and neatly fitting into the canon episode without any discernible join. I love how you describe Fred's curiosity and her determination - so much the hallmarks of her character - combined with her natural trepidation and fear of all things squicky. Her growing horror and nausea as she read Spike's file was tangible.

A tough character to pull off but you did an admirable job. Go you!
Imzadi chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
This is very well written, with a maturity of style and vocabulary. I loved your portrayal of Fred, her indignation and scientific curiosity at war with each other, and her realization at the end that she is not as innocent as she wants to be. I loved her wondering about Spike's ability to walk & sit without sinking through-that's excellent. All in all, an excellent story. First-rate! I'd like to see you continue with this.
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
Good story. I really liked it. Fred was in character, especially with her turning to research when she didn't know what to do.
Jane Davitt chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
I think you captured her pity and revulsion very well and I liked the way she couldn't quite face reading about Angel. It must be very difficult to look at them both and not think of what they've done,what they are.