Reviews for What Doesn't Kill You
Just read the A/N at the beginning of the new chapter. Are you we gonna pretend it hasn't been 7 years since the last update? No? Okay, then.

Welcome back!
AYA90 chapter 28 . 9/6
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the update, it certainly made my day! Thank you thank you thank you! I loved the Dartz arc in the anime and I can't wait for you to make it even better!
Patiently waiting for new chapter, take care!
I am so happy you updated! I never thought this story would ever update. But man has this chapter gave me the feels!
Natalie chapter 28 . 8/16
Oh heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
hey, first of all i must say that i am really am astonished that you updated after such a long time but of course very much pleased! i have discovered and read your fic some months ago and honestly thought it was on hiatus. i checked it again some days ago because i wished to read some chapters again, imagine my suprise as i saw that you updated!
since you seem to be working on this fic again i thought it would be nice to review your story. i must say you are a very skilled writer and i enjoyed reading your story very much. it is one of the nicest fics on this site in my opinion. on the other hand i would like to share some criticism. as i do not mean to offend you or your writing skills or the story, i hope that you will simply find my opinion interesting and if you wish give it a thought: or not, just as you please.
so... i must say i often find teas reasoning and the way she acts rather confusing. on the one hand she is by no way a weak female character: she tries to find her own way, gain independence and this i find very refreshing. on the other hand i find her behavior often rather arrogant and not the way i would expect it, not in terms of not expecting it from a "friendship cheerleader" but simply a true friend who cares. to me she seems like she is getting a bit carried away by her struggle to find her own way. what of course makes me very curious who she is gonna be when she have found her "true self". the development of your story gives me the feeling that kaiba is moving on: he tries to open up and relay on others and in this way becomes a bit more accepting to himself and self-confident (in a healthy way, not his old arrogant, born from the sense of abandonment and the belief that everyone is alone so you simply have to be strong, brutal even or you die) but tea... to me she is kind of moving backwards. to me it is really hard to understand how one could get so offended by the fact that someone else wants to support you (allusion to kaiba and the cards) and question smallest actions made by people you should know care for you- because they have risked their lives for you over and over (allusion to tea getting extremely pissed and replaying in her head over and over again the comment by joey/tristan or whomever about bringing them souvenirs from her trip). in such moments she seems to have so little self confidence... feeling offended by smallest things and reacting to them in such an extreme way. to be honest i find her extreme reactions to often really minuscule actions sometimes a little annoying. her behavior reminds me a bit of pms:D i have the feeling that she is not trying to build her new personality on the foundation of the old one but destroying the old one. i mean the choice is not only between hiding in others shadows while acting like a "meaningless cheerleader" and being extremely self-absorbed and neglecting to those who try to show their support and care. i believe that the right path is somewhere in between and i am very curious where you are gonna lead tea.
sorry for my less than perfect English and i hope that you will continue this story!
Demonic Angel Clone chapter 28 . 8/11
So after some time of reading (because I've been working like crazy) I wake up and see this update and it actually gives me hope that I, too, will be able to go back to my fictions and finish them. I can honestly say I've been reading this since the beginning, like I must've been 12 and now I'm 23 and it just gives me all of those feels that are not just born out of nostalgia, but respect for a writer of your caliber.

On to the chapter, this was a really nice transition to the Dartz arc of the show. Though something felt a little off in the end. I don't know, even if Tea dealt the final blow I don't think Mai would've been that down about it to join up with Valon's crew. Maybe if something else happened after the cruise. Tea herself almost seemed like she did it just because. Perhaps if they lost? But I will say the duel was exciting, litteraly like watching the show, and that twist midway through had me wanting more because it was so unexpected.

Nice to see Seto missing her and wondering where she is. Can't wait to see Tea wear all black and surprise him with what she's been up to!

Jade chapter 28 . 8/6
I can't believe you're back! I don't even remember when I started reading WDKY, but it must have been 2005. Great work on this chapter, I'm realising your detailed writing style really reflects the imagery of Anime, with rich description and detail. Please don't make it so long until the next update!
Nichii chapter 28 . 8/6
This new chapter was a lovely surprise to wake up to Thank you so much!
SweetGurl818 chapter 28 . 8/6 what now? Ahhhh tell me what happens! I don't like suspense :( but hey great chapter! The duel really had me on the edge of my seat
bbtdgfan882 chapter 28 . 8/6
Oh my gosh, what a chapter! I'm so glad you're still writing this!
blo01170 chapter 27 . 4/14
please make sure to upload more chapters. I can't wait to hear how TeĆ” does and if her and Seto stay together!
Magic-Saphira chapter 27 . 12/12/2015
Your story is awsome and I would definetly like to read the rest of it. So please continu this story!
Priestess of Light chapter 27 . 8/12/2015
Hello there Azurite.
This must be the third time I've read WDKY.
Like always, when I read, I can't stop reading until the last chapter. It's so well written, I told my boyfriend that I like a fic that through it's lines makes me feel just the emotions the characters are having. And yours does exactly this!
And it makes me really sad to know that, in years, you haven't updated or even told us, your fans, that you don't plan to and this in on hiatus...
I just want you to know that, not only for me, but there's people out there that still love the pair Tea x Seto and are just waiting to read the end of your fic, just like me.
I hope you read this and make some time to reply to my comment in any of your sites (noticed live journal hasn't been update in years too) and that you're fine! Because, you know, when something like this happens we always think the worst.
Like your work a lot. thank you for bringing this to me.
lilmisswriter17 chapter 1 . 7/1/2015
Great opening! I'm not always a fan of stories opening with a quote, but I love the storyline. Very long first chapter, but well-written and very descriptive! Can't wait to read more.
Guest chapter 27 . 4/26/2015