Reviews for What Doesn't Kill You
zenbon zakura chapter 27 . 4/11/2009
poor tea kaiba but i though she got over yami
unknown reviewer chapter 27 . 4/7/2009
wow, a year already, how time flies...honestly, the wait for these chapters can be pretty brutal sometimes, but once the chapter is out it all seems to be worth it.

I figured the Doma saga would be starting here, but I didn't think you would be going into the tournament as well. Very nice. I'm left wondering why Kaiba left so suddenly for the trip, but i suppose one could write it off as something came up suddenly...but knowing you, i can't imagine its something so simple.

Tea's apparent shift in attitude towards her friends is interesting. It makes sense considering how in the series she really doesn't get much attention, so its nice seeing how that is actually effecting her. Her feelings of doubt about Seto once he is gone, especially after the rocky patch they just had is also yet another excellent touch of realism. A great touch was showing how frustrated Tea is that her friends and her keep getting dragged into all these situations all seemily because of a card game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you breath life into Tea and Seto, transforming them from just characters into PEOPLE.

As for Kaiba, LOVED the little YGO abridged things (screw the law, i have money. Screw the rules, I'm Kaiba..LOL). I've only just read it so maybe i missed something, but i'm not entirely sure why Kaiba didn't reveal himself after the duel. But considering the events at the boat, he seems to be doing much better and is more comfortable with things. I figured he would give her some cards, but all the BEWD's...wow, thats trust if i've ever seen it.

I didn't like this arc in the anime, but already you seem to be deviating greatly from it, which means i'm seriously looking forward to what you have planned. Kaiba is apparently unwilling to chase the swordsmen and god cards and is also Dragon-less. Tea is off on a tournament with Valon stalking around, and apparently Tea also has some degree of hidden power that can even affect the Oricalcos. Very interesting indeed.

Thank you so much for continuing this story, its still by far the greatest piece of writing i've even seen on this site. Congrats on making it this far. Looking forward to whatever surprises you have in store for us.

Until next time,

sincerely,

THE UNKOWN REVIEWER
Muffin'sback chapter 27 . 4/7/2009
Wauw...
The Samurai Pizza Cat chapter 27 . 4/6/2009
I suppose you're getting it a lot right now, but YEAH you finally updated! Was worth the wait to, just spent a great 2 hours procrastinating whilst I read this haha. It was defintely a long time coming - I was just thinking when I started reading this, and it was at least 4 years ago now, back in my fanfiction heyday. Yours is the only story I still keep up with. It can be difficult to follow the story with the long gaps between updates - you forget details of previous chapters, although remember the outlines. But you're doing it right :P we keep coming back for more! The strength of WDKY is definitely the relationship between Tea and Seto, how believable it is, the fallibilty, their pull to each other and strength of their bond, but the weaknesses that plague them both - when you feel their emotions twist in your heart you believe it. You've felt it so strongly yourself, that you don't just read it, you experience it. It's real.

Thanks for bringing me that x
Kari Kaiba chapter 27 . 4/6/2009
I absolutely love your story, and while I get impatient waiting for the next chapter to come out, I love the long length of the chapters and it's totally worth the wait. Great job!
Artemis311 chapter 27 . 4/6/2009
Loved it especially all the abridged series references you through in there. It was definitely a long wait, but it was worth it. I just hope the next chapter's not another year in the waiting, but even if it is, I'll still be checking my inbox daily.

I'm curious about how you're going to incorporate the DOMA line though. I hope you add the evil Yami duel. It's one of my favorites.
shinobinaraku chapter 27 . 4/6/2009
YES! YOU UPDATED! :) To me, it doesn't matter how long the chapter is or how long it takes you to update, because your work is always wonderful. So, keep up the awesome work!
LivingLegends chapter 27 . 4/6/2009
I am going to be following this story till the end. I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the great work.
starwefter chapter 27 . 4/6/2009
Yay! Kisses! Hot, smoldering, melt-us-in-our-seat kisses! (It took them long enough... More kisses please!)

It's not that this story is way too long, it's that if you come late to it, like I did, it takes forever to catch up. If some one discovered it way back at chapter 1 or 2 or 6 and was getting a chapter at a time it wasn't so bad, but I discovered it and started reading between the last chapter and this one. It then eats your life for a number of days. But so do many published books - "The Mists of Avalon"? "Gone with the Wind"? and any number of others? So I don't see that as a problem.

The only possibly typo I saw was in:

'No! It can't end like this, it can't!' The feeling from earlier was back in full force now, especially now that Téa knew Yami was in this duel to lose intentionally, to send his soul someplace different, maybe someplace with answers.

Did you mean "wasn't" there? I thought she'd decided he was in it to win by that point...
midnights-dawn chapter 27 . 4/5/2009
I can't wait to see what happens next, I'm a big fan of this fic and honestly, as long as you don't decide to separate Tea and Seto I don't think there is any possible way ill dislike any plot you write for the end of the story.
Aelibia chapter 27 . 4/5/2009
Damn, I wasn't the first review. Here's an African proverb for you, anyway!

If you wish to walk fast, walk alone. If you wish to walk far, walk with others.

And on to chapter 27!
Obiki Doragon chapter 27 . 4/5/2009
I get the feeling the epilouge will end with a GX reference for some odd reason. Be kinda cool for you to change Alexis from a Rhodes to a Kaiba (hint,hint _) but if not, eh. The end games are coming and the ride is almost done. Will salvatioon for Tea and all those involved be achived or will disaster force Tea into the depth of depression once again?
Vaasth chapter 27 . 4/5/2009
At one point I thought there was a favorites list limit and since this fanfic hadn't been updated in so long I took it off. Getting the story alert was a surprise! I reread the last couple of chapters and I can't wait to see what's next! I can't believe Seto gave her his dragons, it just seems so un-Seto-like. I'm sure Tea won't use them, but I'm curious to the other cards she was given. But what about Seto - how will he fare without his Blue Eyes? Great chapter!
TheBlackPheonixNightengaleFudo chapter 9 . 3/31/2009
She was dying. Four minutes were almost up...

You shoulda had a blue eyes white dragon in there somewhere...
TheBlackPheonixNightengaleFudo chapter 7 . 3/31/2009
with an ego the size of a yacht

She said it was the size of a blimp before! She DOES like him!
1,491 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »