Reviews for South Down The Coast
soyunax chapter 20 . 5/7/2012
Although some of the chapters were incredibly annoying to read because of the messed up uploading I suppose? I loved the story!

Quistis and Seifer characterization is well done. I also loved how you were able to make Selphie appear as someone who can show no mercy and be rude, because she's really not given the credit she deserves in most of the fics out there. Why don't you write something about her regarding this side of her personality?
soyunax chapter 5 . 5/5/2012
This chapter was VERY annoying to read. I skipped a lot of it because it is hard to follow when there are no spaces.
gleamfang chapter 20 . 6/8/2011
Finally finished reading. I am a full supporter of Seiftis and Squinoa so kudos for writing an excellent one. The fight scenes were nice and intense and I loved the way you wrote Seifer's internal voice.

Great way in making two seemingly polar opposites come together in spite of constant bickering (a pleasure to read) major differences in status and some huge quirks. OCD anyone? Good job on keeping it real, fresh with varying perspectives and awesome

On to the next one!

Cheers

Keep Writing
Achi J chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
I'm still reading...even if the formatting makes my eyes bleed. that's saying something
Angel-In-Black chapter 10 . 8/5/2010
Heh, funny you should say that in the authors note. The first thing I thought of when reading that bit was little Simon and his abusive but loving dad.

Oh, and I suppose it would be polite to add, I read the first fic in this series and loved it. You somehow have a way of writing there that is confusing but in a way that's kind of reminiscent of the dodgy camera angles in an action/horror flick, so it fitted quite well. Also seemed to fit with Seifer and Quistis' mentality at the time.

So, having enjoyed that one, I've moved on to the sequel. It's very different to the first one, but I am still enjoying it.
Anonymous chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
Uh...wow. I've been enjoying the story so far, with minor breaks in continuity where FFnet ate your linebreaks, but this is. Yeah. You might want to check chapter five out. *sweatdrops*
Raindog Bride chapter 5 . 1/28/2009
Hoo boy, might want to fix the formatting on this chapter- I noticed it on a readthrough. One square block of text. o.0
sissyHIYAH chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
batman returns? geraldo! brilliant!
Charmeuse Tea chapter 20 . 7/9/2008
An ending that does not disappoint.

Also, my favorite bits in this chapter:

“He was talking to Squall, but his gaze searched the crowd and finally met Quistis’ eyes in a glance that was almost gentle. A goodbye, she guessed, of sorts.”

“Fuujin seemed to soften. She gave Quistis a cool look that somehow conveyed that she knew exactly what she’d been doing, and who with and no, she didn’t have to like it, but sometimes that was how it was, and if it was okay with Seifer, then it was okay with her.”

“Fuujin played with her hair, twirling the silky strands around one finger. She met Quistis’ eyes almost shyly. “KNOW SEIFER. LOOKED. AT YOU ””

The whole thing brought about by just one look is really poignant...it's a subtle yet beautiful touch.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 15 . 7/7/2008
Blah...recently started my summer job and have been fanficless for too long, but thankfully, I get this week off. Anyway. This chapter is a great example of your ability to pace. Rather than jump right into Quistis' impending mission, which is what I expected to read about, you let us witness Seifer's boredom - and another one of his close shaves, to boot. Explosions and all that heart-pumping stuff are decidedly important, but of equal importance are the moments of downtime and mundanity among all the characters, and you understand this concept very well.

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my reviews...that was a really neat surprise. :D
Charmeuse Tea chapter 9 . 6/17/2008
Very sweet ending to a very sweet chapter.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 6 . 6/14/2008
I'm speechless, so I'll sum this chapter up in a few simple words: it feels right, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The sex is undoubtedly hot, but the way you've developed Seifer and Quistis' relationship goes beyond obvious physicality, which makes me appreciate the story even more. You make Seiftis a really deep art.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Giggling like mad over here...the bit about the desk toys, especially the ball on a string (which I can SO picture as the kind of thing Squall would invest in) had me clutching at my stomach...and this is only the first chapter, which means more good times ahead!
cat chapter 20 . 1/16/2008
ARGHAGAGAGAGAGAGAERKALUUVYO

yeah. you're n absolute genius, talented writer and all that jazz.

I nearly died when FFne crached at the end of chapter 19...and kept reloading, finally read it all, and will read the next installment tomorrow.
Decidedly Odd chapter 20 . 12/17/2007
Wow, aside from the weird formatting (not your fault, I know) and the occasional grammar error, this fic was pretty much perfect. I loved your characterization of Seifer and Quistis, and their interactions were even better. The dialogue was amazing! You have a very descriptive way of writing that suits this pairing very much. It's weird to think that this fic was written almost four years ago . . .