Reviews for Maybe it's the Accent
Celebrindal chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Maybe it's the Accent. . . actually, I'm 100% positive it's the accent! I totally love this story! I love your Pippin stories/vignettes! Keep up the awesome work!
Clever Hobbit chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
I think that my favorite one of these had to be the one where Legolas was talking to Gandalf- Maybe it's the Accent. That one had me in stitches! (Which actually isn't good- my side really hurts now...) I also liked Minas Tirith: Kitchen Duty. The way Pippin can manipulate at times is facinating...
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Great! Great! Great! "Cousins" was so cute, having all three of them together.

"'Did you ever want to trade me in?' asked Merry in sudden alarm. 'I was never any trouble, was I?'

"'Not a bit of it,' Frodo said with a fond smile, remembering how little Merry used to crawl unerringly into the nearest mud puddle every time someone took their eyes off him for two seconds. 'You were a perfect baby.'"

I was a bit surprised that Pippin was not causing trouble when he met Gandalf in "A Fateful Meeting." And it was so nice of him to offer his present to Gandalf to play with.

I would have loved to see what Gimli's reaction was to Pippin's loud comment in "Maybe He Should Just Stick to Water from Now On." Probably Legolas may have joined the converation with his own observations.

No wonder Pippin can usually get what he wants if he can have such an affect over others with his "Accent." And to have such power over even Gandalf too!

I was laughing through "Minas Tirith: Kitchen Duty." So funny. Merry and Pippin are worse than Sam here. They are acting like mother hens over their OLDER cousin. Love the cousins interaction.

"Sam pulled Pippin aside. 'Mr. Pippin,' he whispered, 'I thought Strider told us that Mr. Frodo only had to squeeze that thing five times.'

"'Did he?' Pippin asked innocently. 'Well even if he did, look how smug Frodo looks! He needs to think he’s gotten the best of us once in a while, you know.'

"'That’s pretty sneaky,” Sam said admiringly. 'Who taught you how to do that?'

"'Merry and I learned from the best, Sam,' Pippin murmured, gazing fondly at Frodo. 'The very best.'"

Great job!
shireling chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Janet,

These are all lovely, but I have to claim a special fondness for 'slightly tipsy' Pippin.

Even wizards are not immune from the 'Pippin Effect' are they :)

Helen
Xena chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Oh, these are just simply the best. It is quite a wonder how baby Pippin had wrapped himself around everyone's hearts, he was such an adorable baby though.. Merry's comment about the possibility of liking Pippin even more in a year, and Frodo saying he didn't know if it was possible was so sweet! I loved Gandalf's first meeting with Pippin, and when Gandalf said maybe their roads would join again. Hehe, hobbits and miruvor don't mix, that was classic. My favorite part was Legolas:

“He is charming and endearing,” Legolas said with a frown. “Pippin can say the most annoying thing, and it just makes me want to hug him and give him my dessert.”

That part just got me so much, I absolutely loved it! What a great end to that section, with Pippin asking if they can get off the mountain, to which Gandalf agreed immediately. It's nice to see Pippin making sure Frodo does his exercises, and that he can make Frodo do the correct amount, leaving Frodo feeling smug. These were truly wonderful, thank you for sharing them!
Frodo3791 chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Very cute stories! Nice to read something so light-hearted. Lovely job!

-Frodo