Reviews for Responsibilities
legalronin chapter 23 . 8/14/2016
I hadn't reread your story in years and now I am sad that I hadn't done sooner. Such a good story! Poor Megumi, I agree with kamatari she may need therapy. And the sparks between Saitou and Tokio in the end . . . Thank you for writing this story. I have no idea if you'll even see this review. I hope you do and continue to finish off Strays.
gabyhyatt chapter 19 . 12/8/2006
good fic
Carrie the Open Minded chapter 23 . 8/25/2005
man this story is great eevee... of course i still wish you'd continue "of cuffs and bears"... i'm looking forward to the sequel to this! i guess i'll go and read it now!

~Carrie
Leila Winters chapter 5 . 6/21/2004
Some of these chapters are so short, I weep for them! However...I suppose it's better to have updates versus waiting six months for chapters...(something I have been known to do!) :P

Lol...big, tough men and children is always so cute. I love Sano who's all "What if I break it?" _ So like men!

I sqeal at Sano's attempts to talk to Meg! So...adorable...hee, I love this story! And aww...Saitou and Meg play off of each other so well..."Rooster-head." Leave it to the big man to put Megumi up to mischief.

You got to hand it to that girl...she's got good instincts. She knows that she's safe (for now) and that Sano is her safest bet. _ I am normally a big kid-hater, but I think that Meggie is SOO adorable!

Lol...okay. I'm done squealing. Thank you for such a humorous chapter! I have no complaints!
Leila Winters chapter 4 . 6/14/2004
Have I told you...you lately...that I love this fic? O.O I HAVEN'T? WELL I LOVE IT!

[deeply repentful] I'm SOO sorry it's taken me forever to get anywhere with my reviews. I don't mean to be dumb, I'm just always running around. GOMEN! But that shouldn't suggest that I don't enjoy reading this fic...it's too good to pass up!

;_; She knew that "dead was dead. And her daddy was dead." IT'S SO SAD! The poor girl...she's too little to be going through stuff like this...wah!

You describe her retching so thoroughly...it makes me wanna gag myself! Blah...not to say that it's a bad thing...it's nice that you have that effect on people...just some details are GRUESOME! (This coming from an anti-bodily fluids person)

What I love is that when you write it from Meg's point of view, you've really got this nice narrative style that displays her naivete without her being stupid or overly intelligent. It's got a lovely flare to it and I love that you write from more than one perspective. It adds to the story.

Meggie is SOO~OO cute! She stands up to Saitou so very well and Meg (small or grown) is the only woman I can imagine facing off with him. And LOL! She described him as having a "bug face"! TOO-TOO funny!

Aww...Sano is defending her! Adorable! I'm glad that even though they're both killers, they've got a good streak in 'em...so what if we haven't seen Saitou's yet?

"Velvet paws" I LOVE THAT! That's such a great phrase!

Cruelty to children...awful bad man, that Saitou! But I love him so...hah. This fic rocks. I'm working on leaving you more reviews! _ Kay. Gotta go! Buh bye!
Leila Winters chapter 3 . 5/21/2004
It makes me so sad! (And yet...and yet, I laugh. I can picture Saitou being surprised by a lion jumping at him! Lol)
The cuteness that is Megumi opening the car door cautiously and stumbling out is too much...juxtaposed with her throwing up...I've got mixed reactions. But she's still CUUTE!
Hmm...the only people I can imagine having the moral debate about whether they should kill a child are: Saitou, Aoshi, Hiko and Battousai. :P But they're kinda anti-heros, so it's not surprising.
So sad...imagining Saitou capable of that is so depressing!
Good chapter! You continue writing more for Strays and I'll continue writing my reviews! _ Until later! Ciao!
Leila Winters chapter 2 . 5/21/2004
Hmm...yes. I have a confession to make: I read the last couple chapters of Strays and then I kept going back and back with the chappies unil I decided, "Screw it! I gotta read the first one!" And I did. :P
So now I'm going back and doing a bit more thorough reading...lol. Sorry. But you should be happy! You got me hooked! (And managed to keep me from all other duties I had today...not an easy feat.)
Megumi and her father are so cute...I love how amazingly perceptive Megumi is. She's so bright, it's scary. "I'm a responsibility!"
Undoubtedly, the best part of this entire chapter is the father's internal monologue when he's torn between loving her and being upset with her. "Wasn't it true, if only slightly? Did he regret her? Wished she wasn't so needy, wished she was like a plant? A bit of water, some sunlight to make her grow, no love required, no time taken. Wasn't parenthood supposed to be joy, shouldn't he be unfailingly grateful to see his little girl grow up? Imagine if her mother had taken his baby away, he'd never see her again. How dare he even let the slightest thought of her being a hindrance!"
_ Mm...so good...I love it.
Okay. More later!
Leila Winters chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
Yay! I get to be your 100th reviewer? Too cool!
Lol..."It's spelled SAITOU!" ...just kidding. Sorry. I'm sure that was grossly inappropriate and hands-down absolutely not even funny, but I couldn't help myself. I have to warn you: I have a demented sense of humor. o Don't mind me. Off-hand comments are the norm.
(but like you, "Saitou" is how I first saw it and it stuck.)
You know...I have gotten out of the groove of Saitou fics and it saddens me a bit. He was my favorite character. But I'm glad that I'm slowly entering that world again. It's nice. _ I miss the little fucker.
Saitou's so coldly cool...okay. I'll stop rambling. Nice beginning. All-too brief, but judging from the length of your story, I don't think that will be a big problem. _ Okay. I may be slow with my reviews, but I'll keep them coming! This I promise you!
Ciao!
suki chapter 13 . 4/16/2004
I love your fic so far! I think it's wonderful! Except for the part when you made him say that! Saito would have protected Megumi because doing otherwise would be going against his 'Aku Zoku Zan' philosophy! He'd defenetly protect her! & he does care about Megumi! He has too! He has to care a little atleast, if not, she'd be dead by now! Besides that part, I think its great. 1 of my favorite characters is Kamatari. I just love her!(or him, it or whatever) Theres only 1 other thing I dont agree with, & its the way you made Hiko such a jerk. I think you hate him from what I've read, & i know that he is a jerk, but the part where you made him say that he was 'cuddly' was a little overdoing it,in my opinion anyways. & no! This is not a flame! Or atleast I hope its not. My boy friend just read it & thinks it is.
Jazz7 chapter 23 . 1/22/2004
That was great I loved reading it!
the sacred night chapter 23 . 1/22/2004
liked it, but it got a bit hard to follow toward the end of the story. anyhoo, what's the sequel called?
Bad Notions chapter 23 . 1/21/2004
Ouch! Saito found himself interested so now someone has to pay? Can't wait to read the sequel!
eriesalia chapter 23 . 1/20/2004
Well congrats on finishing and hope your school stuff goes well!
I didn't realize until now that you intended this to be a prequel! Well... I guess it'll have to feature SAitou, eh? Particularly after the way you ended this. And... who cares about romance if you don't feel like writing it! Action is good! As is comedy!
Wistful-Eyes chapter 23 . 1/20/2004
*sigh* Too bad it's not a 100. See, you should write an epilogue to the epilogue! :P Hm...well...it's over...blub. Then I guess it's buh-bye for this fic! Cyz!
Trupana chapter 23 . 1/20/2004
Gah, you better write an epilogue. How could you just leave it at that, just when another point of interest is starting to develop. :P Evil writer, that you are. I really like this fic, although I'm snickering at the idea of Saitou marrying Tokio later and having Megumi as his daughter. Do you think he'd be the overprotective, no-dating-my-daughter-unless-I'm-there-with-my-sword kinda father to Megumi? Or would he be more stand-offish, I'm-going-to-pretend-I-don't-care-for-you-brat kind of father to Megumi? Heh.
I think the story, while well-rounded, ended a little too soon. There's so much that could be explored! Please, encore, sequel!
~Tru