Reviews for The Summer of Our Discontent
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
Small problem: Harry took ages.
NBB chapter 52 . 6/11/2012
Hi there! This fic is amazing! I was a bit wary with the WRHP pairing, but I came across this story under another fanfictioner's "fav stories" icon, and I bookmarked it to read at a later stage.

Let me tell u, I'm really glad that I did! This story is mind-blowing!

Think if I beg long enough u'd consider writing a sequel? Please please pppllleeeeeeaaaaaasssseee? ;-)

Anyway, thx for the gr8 fic
123 chapter 6 . 5/6/2012
Hm, had to stop reading... Summer school at Hogwarts, as an established thingy? Slytherin tower? First years with brooms? All go to the castle via boats, not just the firsties? Ehm... did you read the books?
fearthetwiggy chapter 52 . 10/24/2011
Wow. That was a great story.

I have to admit I was sceptical about this in the beginning (the summary doesn't do it justice), but as it went on I found myself enthralled by what was happening. Once Buffy was kidnapped, I just couldn't stop reading! ;)

Overall, a really good piece of work. Well thought out, well written, and some terrific fight scenes. You even managed to make some really annoying characters almost likeable.

Nice one.

SirRealism chapter 16 . 5/2/2011
It was a nice fight scene, but i'd be lying if I said I hadn't been hoping she'd stake the first wizard she fought out of pure habit.
LewisJames chapter 52 . 1/31/2011
Started reading this a few days ago, and I was hooked as soon as I finished Chapter One :) I loved it, was pretty amazing, would be good to see a follow on story ;) Great work though! :)
Firewolfe chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
This was an exellent story. I just read the entire thing today. I would love to see a sequel to find out how they ended Voldy and if Lestrange really was gone forever. I also wish you shown the scene when Willow registers her anmialigus that would be hillarious. I can so see Fudge's face. I bet he would freak. Maybe you could make a short snippet to cover that one. I would also love to see if the couples do get together.
Tentrees chapter 3 . 11/15/2009
OK so far. Keep it up.
blue moon chapter 13 . 5/6/2009
cool story.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 52 . 4/26/2009
Interesting idea, I have to admit.

While the opening chapters were a bit confusing- you seemed to go from the Sorting to Harry going back to the Dursleys for the summer, when I’m FAIRLY sure the Sorting takes place at the beginning of the year and NOBODY stays at school over that time period-, in general it’s easy enough to ignore that in favour of the long-term plot you created, what with Voldemort’s forces infiltrating Hogwarts and Willow learning of her ‘link’ to Voldemort even as she seeks to control her own dark nature.

Not ENTIRELY wild about the Buffy/Malfoy pairing, I have to admit, but that’s mostly based on personal preference rather than anything else- the way you wrote the guy made him actually kind of likable, but I just always think of him as a git and that’s the end of it- so I’m willing to put that aside…

I have to admit, I wasn’t certain about the addition of Buffy in this story in the first place- it might have reflected how she’s forgiven Willow, but in the end it just seemed a bit ‘tacked on’; I greatly preferred seeing Willow’s new relationship with Harry-, but then she was abducted by Voldemort and her role became more prominent (To say nothing of being HIGHLY dramatic); you definitely put a SIGNIFICANT amount of thought into figuring out what Voldemort’s forces would put her through to try and break her, as well as figuring out how it WOULDN’T work in the end.

In general, my only real PROBLEM with this story was simple; Harry and Willow didn’t get enough opportunities to interact with each other.

Their chemistry was good and their feelings for each other were well-explored when they WERE together, don’t get me wrong, but they didn’t really seem to have much of a chance to spend time together in simple social situations; they seemed to just have a couple of dates and exchange a few letters, and suddenly we’ve got Willow revealing she’s actually five years Harry’s senior and Harry risking diving into a massive battle between Dark Willow and Voldemort to tell her he loves her…

It’s romantic, I’ll give you that, but it just doesn’t seem that PLAUSIBLE; I’d have preferred it if we’d seen them spending more time together on their own before things got THAT far.

As I said, the plot’s good, but too many things seemed to be written because they were convenient for YOU rather than anything else.
nightshadowlife chapter 52 . 12/18/2008
Have you thought about doing a sequel? I really love this story and I would love to see where else you could take it!
heiressofanor chapter 52 . 5/7/2008
Great story! :)
FannaManna chapter 11 . 4/17/2008
First off...good job.

There's no doubt you are a very talented writer. What an interesting story and brilliant characterization.

A few critiques though, and please don't take this as an insult to your story because I really do like it.

I would maybe suggest you get a beta reader for this fic, someone who has a good knowledge of the Harry Potter series because there are a number of mistakes.

Students start Hogwarts at age 11.

No one else bar the student with the sorting hat on his or her head can hear the hat as it makes it's decision.

Slitherin is not in the Towers, but in the dungeons.

To state but a few.

Additionally, while this is an AU fic, otherwise Willow and Buffy would not be in it:-) But you do need to give the readers plausible explanations for certain things...

Like how Buffy, the sole guardian of Dawn would up and leave her sister with no reservations, much less informing her sister...

In this story, as far as i can tell, it has been about 2 weeks since Tara died...the very reason Willow went all evil, and the very reason she is now at Hogwarts, and yet there is little to no mention of her, nor any explanation on how Willow all of a sudden is capable of developing a crush on someone else so soon after loosing her girlfriend.

While I understand that for the purposes of this fic, you needed there to be summer school. You haven't provided a plausible explanation for why the whole school body (or most of it anyway), especially if you take into account the fact that there were more first years than ever before, would all of a sudden return to school?

The only reason I mention all of this is because this is such a good story, but you risk loosing so many potential readers because it gives the story a feeling of 'unbelievability'.

Despite my critique's, i do hope you continue this story, it is really good, and you definitely deserve all the good reviews that you have already, and i have no doubt will still receive.
Lenny13 chapter 52 . 3/24/2008