Reviews for Quid Quid Latine Dictum Sit:Anything Said in Latin
Adana Wellbeloved chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
This made me smile.
PseudonymousPersona chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
This is simply hilarious...
I've never been big on Founders stories, but decided to read this one. I am glad I did, it was so funny!
I love your characterisation!
Rowena and Helga's ideas are great!
'Dux Femina Facti' is officially my new motto... MWhahaha!

And good job on Lewis Carol in Latin, IT MAKES THE POAM EVEN COOLER!

Anyway in summary...
Love your story, characters and dialogue. Great story!
Princess613 chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Best motto fic yet! And I intend to read them all today...
MadeElly chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Your story is proof why one should not write Latin unless one has a firm grasp on the language.

Major Latin fail, friend.
Empress Malfoy chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
*cheers* Simply brilliant!
Bagge chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
*laugh* How extremly clever! It was not an easy task, but I must say they did masterly in the end. The perfect feel. To bad for the poor mome raths, not being included in the motto (and well done for translating Lewis Carrol to latin). Really good one!
helloshanti2 chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
what a wonderful story! I came here throught trinity day's recommendation, and I loved this story!

keep on writing!
Acts of Tekla chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Very, very funny. I love the part where Gryffindor's words sink in to Helga. And of course, male-bashing is always fun ;P

Simply Myself
Pajaro Negro chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
“All right, all right! Perhaps, just to be sure of being correctly interpreted by history, we ought to make it ‘Dux Femina Facti’.
katyana chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
Brilliant! Found this ficlet via Trinityday's LJ, and I'm really glad I did!

It's a lovely story behind something that in itself is funny - coupled with the story behind it, it's hilarious! And I can just see Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw sat moaning about the testosterone-filled lads... Great fic!
senseii chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
I love the story! It's so funny! Write more, this is a change from the usual crpa that we get on ff,net's HP section.
Abigail-Nicole chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
This is great. I love Latin (I'm going to take it...next year, hopefully) and this made me laugh. It reminded me of my fic, 'Ceiling', a lot, just because they're written in the same sort of vein, even though yours was much more hilarious. Don't see what the boys have to be so upset about, I've said worse to them to their faces...
Amberdulen chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
*lol* This is just awesome. I'm going to make a cross-stitch sampler with "Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur" on it. Well done, and write on!
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
How could I *not* review this! I literally burst out laughing (a guffaw like laugh - not something a fic usually inspires in me, so congratulations). I loved this little story. I had picked out "Dux Femina Facti" as my favourite saying until, of course, I reached "Homo insanabilis socordis" but realized just how priceless this fic was when I got to the part where Rowena and Helga decided on "draco dormiens numquam titillandos" as an excellent way to sum up the second last saying. All around, you did an excellent job. Well done!
Nerwen chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
A fun little story. I like the Latin translations - great fun - I'm not sure that your translation is correct, but its a few years since I've studied Latin. However, I don't think that it is really a problem - after all anyone will be reading for the story.