Reviews for The Price of Freedom
harshi chapter 7 . 1/31
Reading this masterpiece for the second time again made me wish had you done another such story. This was brilliant beyond words. I only read the lord of the rings books and watched the movies for both those and Hobbit. You have written every character so true. Thranduil is just as the arrogant king who only showed affections for his son once in a while. I could see him saying so and so and provoking Gimli and Simiasha. And Aragorn grinnng as a child when Elwyn found him at the well, Eomer's temper, Gimli fighting at the pit not wanting to drink from his dear friend, and finally Legolas and Eowyn, in every interaction in your creation ,can be seen in my mind as they would do in the world those books of Tolkien and the movies based on them.
It is been more than a decade since you have listed this story. I am only now thanking you. But, I think you should get thanks all the time for such a grand creation so rich with canon and in it's sheer ingenuity and brilliancy in plot and in your incredible writing style.
Thank you! Thank you and let me add best wishes in your work!
KShadeslady chapter 1 . 3/24/2017
Sigh...Eowyn. Not enough of her struggle in LOTR for me. This is so beautifully written. As a modern woman, I can barely fathom how those restraints would chaff her spirit and desire to be her own person. Just WOW!
asimbelmyne chapter 7 . 9/18/2016
I have absolutely no idea what you're doing out there beyond the confines of your computer screen, but you're sorely missed here on FanFiction. I know that you've probably moved on and that's okay. To wield words as well as you do, I hope that you're out there writing somewhere, doing what you love. You're truly gifted in a way many of us are not, especially those of us that write in their spare time.

I love Lord of the Rings. I don't delve into this fandom a lot because I feel as though many stories on FanFiction fail to capture the integrity of the books, the witty, endearing tale Tolkien artfully wove. Everyone is entitled to write how they see fit because we all have our own unique voices, especially on paper, but to write Tolkien well? That's a feat as challenging as defying the Ring of Power itself.

Your story is an exception, a beautiful, well-crafted exception that I enjoyed throughly. You clearly know your stuff and write as eloquently as Tolkien himself. I know that you'll probably never read this, but you deserve to know how talented you are. I aspire to write as well as you do.

Thank you for such a lovely journey. I wish you all the best.
Firefly070995 chapter 7 . 8/22/2016
Amazing!
I was unsure of this story because of the pairing, but I am very glad I picked it up to read. You are really very good at writing and this comes across particularly in the battle scenes and the characterisation of the main characters.
I found this story on the tv tropes lotr fanfic recs and it certainly deserves to be there.
I wish I could write more but I'm very bad at putting down my thoughts into text. I always end up saying the same boring things that will never capture the enjoyment I have experienced reading this story. So I'll just say thank you for writing it!
i-am-naeblis chapter 7 . 2/9/2016
This is brilliant. I hope you write the sequel.
El-Jay92 chapter 7 . 2/8/2016
This is truly brilliant. Its almost two in the morning here, I will read this again and provide you the more coherent review you deserve.
SpookedRabbits chapter 7 . 1/6/2016
This was so lovely, so wonderful, I'm a little shattered.

Shattered in a good way, but also, I may need to go lie down.

I honestly don't know what to do now. Thank you for writing this.
pronker chapter 7 . 9/10/2015
A wonderful tale, complete in itself. If Knight of Gondor is in the making, congratulations, too, yet this single story fits into canon so very well on its own. Loved/hated Simiasha, but then others have said that, I suppose. Happy writing, pronker
Espied7 chapter 7 . 8/23/2015
So very very epic :) thanks for an amazing story!
pamelawright chapter 1 . 8/2/2015
I wonder if you ever visit these pages anymore? On the off-chance that you do, I felt I would be remiss if I did not express a sincere thank you for this story that you have shared with us. It is truly brilliant, and has brought me much pleasure when reading it time and again over the years. When I first found it, I thought that it was one of the most natural, well-written pieces of fiction I have enjoyed in any genre, and I find that visiting it again after a few years have passed does not dim my esteem for your work.

Although I have spent no small amount of time wishing that you had time and inspiration to continue this work in the sequels you have mapped out, I am so grateful that you finished this one and saw it through. I am overwhelmed when I try to express all of the wonderful facets of the piece that make it so enjoyable to me, I am no great writer myself and I feel very clumsy when trying to be articulate.

I will say that the character development is rich, and true, and so unfailingly honest. It resonates so because of this honesty, as we watch Eowyn struggle with that great question we must all face, "who am I"? that we all struggle with, Middle Earth or no. Something within her humanity, her frailty and her strength resonate in all that is good and sincere and noble within us. This work is really, truly ahead of its time.

Although these are not original characters, you created something wholly new and beautiful with each of them. The fallen prince of the morning, Morsul, is a character that both repulsed and delighted me, and I mourn the likely possibility that I will never read anymore about his adventures. The beautiful romance between Legolas and Eowyn...I swooned. I honest to god swooned.

And your ability to construct plot! The twists and turns of the evil Queen...so original! When we learned that she had poisoned the water! I gasped in shock. It was perfectly thrilling and even when reading it a third or fourth time my heart leapt with worry for Eowyn. You did that. You did that.

I have let go of the dream of reading more from your hand of Eowyn and Legolas and green leafed forests, but it would truly, truly be a tragedy if you are not writing somewhere. Are you? This is your calling, this is your gift. This is what you were meant to do. I would purchase and read anything you have written.

I have rambled on long enough. Again, thank you. What a gem!
Aquary chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
I love this...
I hope the Knight of Gondor will arise
gingerbutnotaweasley chapter 7 . 3/3/2015
You should publish, you really have what it takes.
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 7 . 2/21/2015
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I devoured this entire tale in one gulp - I simply couldn't stop! Every character was handled with deft perfection - I felt I was watching another movie. I adored how strong you made Eowyn, along with every other female character. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

My only complaint are the numerous grammar errors. "Please." She said. / When it should be: "Please," she said. And stay away from '!?' and '!' Instead of strengthening the urgency, it removes it. And with such strong writing and powerful descriptions everywhere else, it's jarring.

But your strengths far outweigh the weaknesses in this piece. I do hope you continue writing, but if not, I will cherish this story for the gem it is.

All the best,

-Q
AnberlinEve chapter 4 . 1/27/2015
I'm typing this on my phone, so pardon me for any typos. Wanted to review at the end, but so far the suspense of not telling you how fantastically amazing this is is killing me. To summarize, it's one of the best fanfiction for this pair I've read, one of the best lotr ones I've read so far, and amongst the best and memorable ones on I've read in my life.
I really liked how you incorporated their speech mannerisms in here, and the interesting and ruthless take on the plot - the usage of our current modern worldly elements in here (Vampires and asian/middle east cultures, I see what you did there;))
Now onto the pairing, I'm usually more of a fan of things slowly progressing, but the plot driving it home works here too, I like how they met earlier at a monumental moment where it all changed her path.
I'll have to say, I got scared when I saw the no. of chapters you had there, 7 chapters till it's over.. But it's 7 ungodly long, breathtakingly riveting chapters and I can only say that you know you've fallen hard head over heels when you can't stop thinking about the characters and story and the bittersweet feeling lingers on.
Seems like I'm more than 10 years late in reading and reviewing this, aw shucks... But if you're able to read this, then know that this story you've crafted does the pairing more than justice and if ever there's a sequel, I'll be there for it for sure.
tadah2 chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
This is brilliant. One of the best stories on here.