Reviews for Allies
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 12/20/2003
This story is pretty well-written and has a nice flavour to it. It is not grossly violent, nor overly peaceful, which makes its settings described just right. It is fairly realistic as far as Lotr fanfics go.
But it does need thorough proof-reading and also (yes, my nickname at home does happen to be "Parrot") some care when it comes to tenses, and usage of the words "would" and "could". Anyway,it shows that you have lots of potential to become an actual writer and screams out that you should seriously consider becoming an author.
tineryn chapter 2 . 11/11/2003
Ayah, I really need sleep. Because of you and your terribly wonderful stories I will fall asleep through my exams!

*scowl*

At least they're good stories to fail for.
Sweetslasher chapter 2 . 11/11/2003
This really is absolutely amazing. It is so rare to find fanficas well written and true to canon as this. A pleasure.
Sentimental Star chapter 2 . 10/18/2003
Very much a feasible idea of how they met, wonderful job, Mirrordance! I am also *very* much obliged that you kept it to only two chapters, so we don't have to wait in endless agony to find out what happens next. _ Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,

Sentimental Star
Tinuviel chapter 2 . 10/17/2003
This is truly a great story. I really like the dungeon style, and the idea that Aragorn and legolas met each other as prisoners. The whole thing with Legolas's mother was a good emotional set up...good job! I hope you write more of this kind of thing in the future. One question though...you don't have to answer it, but did Legolas's mother die right before Legolas was captured? Or was that earlier? Anyway, thanks for a great read!
Taraisilwen chapter 2 . 10/17/2003
Excelent! The story was great!

Loved it :) writing more sonn? please

Am really tired know, and my head hurts, so I won't say so much more, for now ;)

But the fact that I read through this story even in my condition, is as small sign of how much I liked it.

Agorn and Legolas - you describe them in a wonderful way. The others too :)
Tinnuial chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
Wonderful story...I think you did a masterful job portraying the characters. I look forward to reading more of your work.

silvertoekee chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
hmm that was really good and a great story for 2 chapters. I liked the humor in it as well as how they took comfort in each other. Good job and can't wait to read more of your work.
Lady Jaina chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
This is awesome!
schnuffel chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
great story! i really like the way you let aragorn and legolas interact! i think the whole plot is very good and letting them meet/ bump into each other in an orc prison is quiet amusing - the only thing i find a little bit sad is that the story is so short! it could have been much longer. that you combined the story of how legolas mother died with the meeting of legolas and aragorn is btw just great! keep on writing!
leggylover03 chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
Good story hopes to see more soon!
The Noble Platypus chapter 2 . 10/15/2003
THAT'S IT? Did you purposely write a shorty just to spite me?

Hehehehe.

Well, it was wonderfully done, even if it does hold the record for shortest thing you've ever written, hee!

First of all, characterizations were fantastic, as usual, and your writing just keeps getting better! I got all teary-eyed during the flashback with Legolas's mother... sniffle. That bit in particular was very well done. And I also liked Legolas's determination to not care about Aragorn and how his resolve held for about two minutes. :P Also well done, and very plausable. I think you did a good job of believably portraying Legolas's feelings of guilt and pain, and his reactions fit nicely... though I think you could have maybe developed that a wee bit more... it just seemed a bit sudden. However, that could be (and now that I think about it, probably is) due to the shorter length of this piece in general. Hm. Never mind.

See, it all comes down to you writing stuff that is LONGER! LONGER, Mirrordance! Give me a NOVEL!

Well, maybe you don't have to quite go THAT far, hehehe.

I also thought the interwoven flashbacks were fitting given the situation. It kind of reminds me of the war novels I read in high school, like "Slaughterhouse Five" and "Going After Cacciato," only not quite as trippy. No Tralfamadorians. Thank god. :D But yes, being trapped in a dungeon would probably result in someone spending as much time absorbed in their memories than in reality... especially since reality in that situation bites. Though Legolas's memories weren't much more pleasant, sadly. :-) Poor Legolas... you seem to have a morbid fondness for beating on him. Some pent-up aggression, eh? Next time, instead of beating on everyone's favorite elven prince, try punchinga pillow or taking deep, soothing, breaths.

Kidding, of course. I don't care how much you torture him, as long as you keep giving us all wonderful stuff to read! And as long as you don't kill him more often than you have to...

Anyway, this was very well done. Then again, if it WASN'T well done, I'd probably slam you against the wall and demand that you tell me what you did with the REAL Mirrordance, hee!

Once again, I shall be bouncing impatiently in my chair until you post something new! Excellent story!

~Platy

P.S. *coughLONGERcough* Woo! Excuse me! I have a touch of cold... ahem.
The Noble Platypus chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
NEW STORY! YAY! Oh, I was just WAITING for you to post something new! Huzzah!

I see you're doing more Aragorn-Legolas character explorations. You definitely seem to have a preference for that, and you do it wonderfully! I am really enjoying this so far!

Off to read the next chapter... I'll give you a better review then!

~Platy
veghippie chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
this is cool! keep on truckin!
dshael chapter 2 . 10/15/2003
This was very good! Love the interactions. Like the way you characterize Aragorn. Can't stand wimpy Aragorn stories!
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »