Reviews for Holiday
A. F. D chapter 16 . 3/24/2005
_ That was hilarious! Hope to see the next chapter soon!

I guess I came across a bit weird huh? Ah well.
Guest chapter 16 . 12/9/2004
*writes a review, then deletes all the text* Oops.(/endquote)

..Speaking of lotuses, Kannon-sama might just want to fireball you on account of your Gaav, being a big fan of his, but se is merciful for good writers and doesn't leave too many scars on them.
Kaeru Shisho chapter 16 . 12/8/2004
Short indeed, but I can understand. This has been and still is and shall continue to be a terribly busy time of year.

At this point you are about 2/3 of the way through the story. The main characters have all been introduced, the plot setup, the fans are rooting (I first typed 'routing' as in pigs...heh, heh...)for the romance to pick up and the right two-some to come together. Don't give up now! Persevere! Ignore the lack of reviews; write on for humanity, for your personal development, and ...why yes...for me.

Inexplicably, reviewing in general has dropped off dramatically of late. Actually the time of year is mostly the reason (cyclic thing) but the interest in Slayers has leveled out. This happens, then it will grow again, as it has before over the past 5-7 years on

Before this becomes as long as the posted chapter, let me say a few words:

My mostest favorite part was this:

“Ah, hell,” Xellos breathed, sobering. The housekeeper’s office usually had maids in it, and always had a door to the outside. That meant flight, complete drunkenness, a socially embarrassing lack of class consciousness, or a freaked out approaching-monogamy-yikes tumble with the help.

What a list of possiblities to consider for poor Zel!

This one sticks in my head, rolls around, as I imagine the scene: "...pushing himself off the desk with a little satiated hip-swivel..."

What a unique way with words you have, dear.

Oh and as for "I think Val’s more broody than scaredy"- It was the juxtaposition of Valgaav and a statue of a CHICKEN that made me think 'scaredy'. As you've written the character, he certainly is a serious, oversensitive, moody guy...not Zel's type, of course!

Loved this little shot in the arm this morning. Once a week would keep me happy...hooked...your slave...I'll check out the site again, and thanks for putting up the pics!

-KS
kanzeyori chapter 16 . 12/8/2004
::glomps:: adore this, great sense of voice as I've come to expect and adore about your work. The Lovely Evil...there something *there*, and I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner about our last exchange but my hindbrain is telling me to wait 'cause it's stewing on something...'cause, like.

Well, we'd never established the General's Mazoku's form, ne? I'd almost...I almost want it opposite Xel's. But I'm not sure if that's too blatant...like, traveling by reflection, the way light does...like..gah, I'm gonna email you the rest of this...
ChaosD-X chapter 15 . 11/4/2004
Hisashiburi desu! *carefully imagines and performs a flying tackle-glomp* It's because of you I can't decide whether fanfiction is truly one big swamp and a total waste of time, like it seemed to me (more than) one unfateful day. *mildly glares at the totally sappy chapter some way back in this fic* Well.. couldn't be avoided, guess.. sigh.. .
permetaform chapter 15 . 10/30/2004
Well. DUDE.

Okay, first things first:

this chapter? ::loves!:: much as usual, I don't know the movie so I'm not sure as to the internal references but I'm endlessly amused by the characterizations and my attention is always irrevocably caught and gathered and swept along.

I just read Sundered. o.o

dude.

dudes. two of them, even. and that was hot and whirly and layered and rich and.

and.

See, now I have a plot bunny and I don't know what to do with it because I have an empty premise that's going "Has this been written yet? It *must* be written, somehow" and yet having no plot whatsoever to hinge it on.

boo.

It is, namely, the result of two questions, taken together, in context of the pairing and your story (sundered) and my story and everything else:

1) What color is Metallium's hair?

2) And where *is* her other servant, anyways?

If your mind is working anything like mine is right now...gah, even if it isn't...email me at kanzeyori

Perhaps this plot-bunny could be fleshed out, somehow...
Kaeru Shisho chapter 15 . 10/29/2004
This is even funnier if you've just recently seen the movie. Your take-off is just teeming with delicious moments. Starting at the beginning with:

"Guests and fellow-predators..." so funny!

Gaav barely gives poor Zel much of an introduction, does he? "this guy, Mr. Zelgadis Greywier" Geez... what a hard-nosed man, eh?

Xelloss managing a path through the society folks, here demonic ones: Xellos beamed as he slipped through them, kissing all the appendages that ended up near his face.

I laughed aloud over that one!

Is Val...a fraidy-cat? "Val was hiding in the alcove behind the chicken statue" What a clever way of describing that scene, as well as Xelloss' necessessary well-wishes: "I'm-so-so-so-so-happy-for-you-isn't-it-wonderful?" he gushed mechanically and, duty fulfilled, turned on his heel to go back to his rooms and mope."

It just goes on and on and is so funny and so well done. Thank you for the new chapter and the plug. The boys are pretty cute and fun to picture. Now, the next one...

-KS
A. F. D chapter 14 . 10/24/2004
_ You updated! I've been waiting for ages! Keep writing please!
Kaeru Shisho chapter 14 . 10/12/2004
Ah... and to think you had this little goodie resting off in the rafters someplace gathering dust instead of reviews! This had a good twist and several good lines...starting with:

“So they tell me. And I think you’re wrong. It is important.
Kalilei chapter 14 . 10/12/2004
Took ya long enough. Oh well, at least it's here now. Please don't make me wait that long again. I wanna see more of the funny stuff.

Well, like always: witty dialogue and narrative. I'm feeling very repititious. Haven't I mentioned that in, like, every review. But, it's just so good. "Your imagination-challenged overbearing red spiny blowfish of a father" -perfect. I'm really looking forward to the next chappie.
kanzeyori chapter 14 . 10/12/2004
aw poor pets D I near forgot how fun they were...
A. F. Dragonstar chapter 13 . 7/29/2004
_ This is a really good fic. Keep it up!

I like the way you write, its funny, interesting, and well put together all at once.
Kaeru Shisho chapter 13 . 7/26/2004
So nice to read these one after the other and keep the continuity. That's hard to do considering the stories are all serialized. So, when this one is all done, I'll re-read and give an overall review. So, about this chapter:

Bloodmoon...honeymoon Mazouku-style, I take it?

I love Zel's happy expanation to Gaav about his plans to use the 'bible' to convert himself back to human and mellow out a bit first, before considering Gaav's offered job post. And what's even better, his desperate attempts to include Val, to invoke his assistance, to no avail.

Zel and Val are having a disparity of thought and opinion, which one would have thought they'd have worked out long before becoming engaged. But, alas, they are not the first couple to be impulsive...

I liked the line: ...'Catching his temper’s tail just before it escaped for good, he said, “I don’t need to pull myself together. This is something I want to do. Are you even listening to me?
Kaeru Shisho chapter 12 . 7/26/2004
Just as a warning to yaoi writers. Someone is seeking out, complaining about, and getting authors' works deleted on - yaoi is targeted. So, watch the $exual content.

Now, on with the review:

Two chapters! How wonderful! I had to read them both, then go back and re-read 12-I had forgotten the 'Bible' reference and got off to a confusing start. But I'm better now and shall review.

Loved the line: “But,
Kalilei chapter 13 . 7/26/2004
Sorry I haven't reviewed for a while, but computer troubles. (Oh, and also I'm lazy.)

It's too sad. I'm glad the next chap is supposed to be lighter. But at least it's getting closer to Zel dumping Daddy's Boy and showing some interest in the "grey sheep" of the family. At the very least, Zel seems to be regrowing his backbone.

I checked out the pic of Xellos on your site-very cool.

This isn't much of a review, but I'm too depressed right now. Please get the next chapter out soon. I must now go and try to think of some Happy Thoughts.