Reviews for A Silence Covered in Stone
Juv chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
Beautiful. Made my blood run cold. :-)
anonymous chapter 2 . 9/27/2005
8/10 which is good by my standards. Well Done!
TigerLily713 chapter 2 . 1/22/2004
Oh! This was so good. I love your deep knowledge and confident use of it. Lovely! Lily
LOTRlover chapter 2 . 10/20/2003
Oh, that poor man! Another reviewer said it was just as well that he died before being rescued, though, and I have to agree.

Your Thranduil and Celeborn are very much as I would imagine them to be at a meeting like this. I love Thranduil's prickliness.

Will there be more?
daw the minstrel chapter 2 . 10/20/2003
I love your Thranduil. I was particularly taken by his thoughts that if anything had happened to Legolas, he would have killed those responsible and then gone after Elrond. That is SO Thranduil.

The aftermath of the fires was terribly and realistically rendered. These people saw such grim things down through the ages that it is almost unbearable. No wonder deathlessness came to seem a burden.
Freya writes chapter 2 . 10/20/2003
Oh dear. At first, I thought you were going to have him rescued. But this is a lot more realistic, and humane. I don't like to think about what the Elves would have found, had he still been alive. I will probably have a nightmare about this story,but that's not a bad thing. Proves you have that REALLY scary touch. Great writing!
erunyauve chapter 2 . 10/20/2003
In a way, it is just as well that Earnur's rescuers arrive too late - what is left of his mind and body would only have been a burden to him, though clearly he still had some instinct to survive.

Again, your Thranduil is wonderful - very much the stern king of The Hobbit, yet an elf of compassion. Legolas' plans for Ithilien will come as a rather bitter surprise, I think.

Celeborn is also terrific - he and Galadriel come from such diametric opposites - somehow they endure the second kinslaying, in which her cousins slay his niece. The difference between the Noldor and the Sindar is never more poignant than in his decision to remain in ME without her.
Tinni chapter 2 . 10/19/2003
Good story.
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
great!

update!
Tinni chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
Why did you change the name? Contortion sounded scarier. I am eagerly awaking the next chapter, although I am certain this fic is going to give me nightmares.
erunyauve chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
The fate of Earnur is a tragic and fascinating premise for this story. I love your Thranduil and all the detail of the story.