Reviews for A Candle to Light Your Honour
Isis the Sphinx chapter 7 . 3/30/2011
*smiles* Darra is an older version of Tris! Beautifully written, K. Ryan! Fantastic characterization. And poor Lise...fate wasn't kind to her.

Keep writing!
Madame Star chapter 7 . 5/19/2010
Aww, I'm so sad. I was enjoying that very much, but it seems you haven't updated in 5 years. I guess it's useless to ask you to continue, but I just wanted to let you know that what you have written is amazing. -Star-
LunaSphere chapter 6 . 12/14/2008
I'm sort of reviewing this in a backwards/haphazard fashion. I'd read this review a few years ago, but I guess I never reviewed it!

This is such a tragedy throughout, I'm not sure who I feel worst for, Lise, Fedwren, or even Darra in a strange sort of way.
LunaSphere chapter 7 . 12/14/2008
This is really wonderfully and beautifully written-they way you really sketch out Darra's character. is chilling really.
KrisEleven chapter 7 . 11/16/2008
Duh duh duh. I hope you continue this, its very interesting.

KrisEleven chapter 3 . 11/16/2008
"You're being absolutely revolting, woman. Calm down."

HAHAHA! That was hilarious and I'm stealing it to say evertime my friends make a fuss about something.

There's one part in the middle where a paragraph is repeated, which is jolting to read, so just make sure you reread the doc before you post it.

KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Good job! I love the characters, especially Darra and Uraelle. Alright, I don't *love* them, but they are so well written they seem to be perfectly real. Good job!

loretta537 chapter 7 . 8/18/2008
this is a good story, i hope you update it soon
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
almost makes me feel bad for valden.
jade trickster chapter 7 . 7/9/2007
very interesting story. i like it. i liked how you showed darra as a young girl, before she got awful, and did a great job giving believable reasons for the events we hear about in the emelan books. good writing, if a little confusing at times. please update!
Talianne chapter 7 . 5/4/2007
Gosh, this is awesome. You've characterised Darra so well! And all the other characters are written well.
tomato-greens chapter 7 . 12/4/2005
Aw, the ice-cold Darra Chandler is being all awkward! It's sweet, in an uncomfortable kind of way.

I love these characters. They're so three-dimensional. And . . . I don't know, I just love them, with all of their faults and their virtues and their pettinesses (is that a word?) and their nobleness (likewise?).
supernaturally chapter 7 . 11/26/2005
great! keep updating!
Alone in the Desert chapter 7 . 11/26/2005
Words fail me.
Andrea Rimsky chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
My God, this is good!

You've completely pulled me into a world that Tamora Pierce barely touches on, but that you've made unbelievably firm and real. After reading this and your two sketches about Darra Chandler, it's tempting to think that the Circle series could be simply a fanfiction to this your story of life, death, and bargaining.