Reviews for Begetting Day
Salome Maranya chapter 4 . 3/8/2014
Now that was interesting. Lindir as Glorfindel's foster son.
Thank you for the story. I liked it. :)
Cheers!
Glory Bee chapter 4 . 2/6/2012
A very precious story, loved Glorfindel being a foster father to Lindir and made all the better by the inclusion of Gil-galad :)
ky chapter 4 . 12/23/2003
update please!
Soledad chapter 4 . 11/9/2003
I love the friendly banter between Erestor and Glorfindel. And little Lindir is definitely a jewel.
Soledad chapter 3 . 11/9/2003
Lindir is a sweet, lovable Elfling, regardless of which Age we place him, isn't he? Erestor is great fun, too, with his little quirks. And Glorfindel as foster father is growing on me a little more with every new chapter.
Erestor chapter 4 . 11/3/2003
Lindir is great. A wonderful child.

This is truly a touching story!
Mirasaui chapter 4 . 11/1/2003
Chapter 4:

Lindir is even more endearing in this chapter, from his gift of the feather to the high-King, to his forgiveness of his "Ada" for not remembering the date of his begetting day. What a lovely child (Elfling).
Mirasaui chapter 3 . 10/27/2003
I didn't know you had stories posted here at until I read your group email today (GOI).

The Begetting Day is such a heartwarming tale, and you portrayal of Lindir and Glorfindel's realtionship is sweet and poignant. Glorfindel, in the way he feels about his ward; his worries as to whether he is a good Ada, his determination to do better; and his concern about Lindir's future if ill should befall him. It shows just how much he cares for the young one.

I do remember reading about Lindir losing his flute in one of your other stories. Glad to see a whole fic devoted to this endearing Elf and his foster parent. Look forward to more of this delightful tale!
Erestor chapter 3 . 10/27/2003
The flute Gil-Galad gave Lindir is not the one that the twins destroy in another of your stories, is it? That would be sad.

Very good! I'm beginning to like Lindir quite a bit.
Clarenova chapter 3 . 10/26/2003
Loving Erestor! (And everyone else, of course)
Tinni chapter 3 . 10/25/2003
This is a very good fic. Poor, poor Lindir. I wanted to ask you thou, your story about what the elves really thought o Bilbo's verses, is Lindir Glorfindel's foster son in that one as well?
Erestor chapter 2 . 10/23/2003
But I like healthy doses of angst!

Sorry for that outburst.

Great story so far. I'm really enjoying it. I like your descriptions, and also your portrayal of Erestor (as a crow). Poor Glorfindel is having problems with being a father. Why is everyone so hard on him?

Anyway, great job. I hope the begetting day thing works out for both of them.
Soledad chapter 2 . 10/23/2003
Very nice indeed. Little boy Lindir is hard to resist, is he? And I liked the idea with the flute. :)
Tinni chapter 2 . 10/21/2003
Poor Glorfindel, but I think he would make a good father.
Antigone Q chapter 2 . 10/21/2003
What a nice, well-written story! I love the idea of Lindir being Glorfindel's foster son. I'll be looking for your updates.