Reviews for Begetting Day
ShootingArrows chapter 1 . 1/6
Ok Sorry I'm this commenting again, I hope this isnt annoying, I'm just really not used to sending links on this site. third try's the charm
thecityofthefireflies. tumblr post /169335466556/ glorfindel-and-young-lindir-i-suppose-this-is (remove spaces)
ShootingArrows chapter 3 . 1/6
(I forgot how links are on this site)
Fan art based on this story
post /169335466556/ glorfindel-and-young-lindir-i-suppose-this-is (remove spaces after slashes)
ShootingArrows chapter 4 . 1/6
Hi, I don't know if you still check comments on this account (seeing as its been 15 years) or where you are now, but I really love this story. It's so sweet and well written and fits so much into four chapters. I've reread this probably four or five times in the past year (Glorfindel adopting Lindir is one of my favorite tropes and there isn't enough content for it). This fic is like a timeless classic to me.
On my last reread, I was so inspired I drew fanart (It doesn't illustrate any one moment of the story but It truly was inspired by the entirety of it)
post/169335466556/glorfindel-and-young-lindir-i-suppose-this-is

I hope where ever you are on the internet now, you are having a good time.
earthdragon chapter 4 . 11/30/2015
Very good story. However, my enjoyment was spoilt somewhat because the italic font made it difficult to read.
Salome Maranya chapter 4 . 3/8/2014
Now that was interesting. Lindir as Glorfindel's foster son.
Thank you for the story. I liked it. :)
Cheers!
Glory Bee chapter 4 . 2/6/2012
A very precious story, loved Glorfindel being a foster father to Lindir and made all the better by the inclusion of Gil-galad :)
ky chapter 4 . 12/23/2003
update please!
Soledad chapter 4 . 11/9/2003
I love the friendly banter between Erestor and Glorfindel. And little Lindir is definitely a jewel.
Soledad chapter 3 . 11/9/2003
Lindir is a sweet, lovable Elfling, regardless of which Age we place him, isn't he? Erestor is great fun, too, with his little quirks. And Glorfindel as foster father is growing on me a little more with every new chapter.
Erestor chapter 4 . 11/3/2003
Lindir is great. A wonderful child.

This is truly a touching story!
Mirasaui chapter 4 . 11/1/2003
Chapter 4:

Lindir is even more endearing in this chapter, from his gift of the feather to the high-King, to his forgiveness of his "Ada" for not remembering the date of his begetting day. What a lovely child (Elfling).
Mirasaui chapter 3 . 10/27/2003
I didn't know you had stories posted here at until I read your group email today (GOI).

The Begetting Day is such a heartwarming tale, and you portrayal of Lindir and Glorfindel's realtionship is sweet and poignant. Glorfindel, in the way he feels about his ward; his worries as to whether he is a good Ada, his determination to do better; and his concern about Lindir's future if ill should befall him. It shows just how much he cares for the young one.

I do remember reading about Lindir losing his flute in one of your other stories. Glad to see a whole fic devoted to this endearing Elf and his foster parent. Look forward to more of this delightful tale!
Erestor chapter 3 . 10/27/2003
The flute Gil-Galad gave Lindir is not the one that the twins destroy in another of your stories, is it? That would be sad.

Very good! I'm beginning to like Lindir quite a bit.
Clarenova chapter 3 . 10/26/2003
Loving Erestor! (And everyone else, of course)
Tinni chapter 3 . 10/25/2003
This is a very good fic. Poor, poor Lindir. I wanted to ask you thou, your story about what the elves really thought o Bilbo's verses, is Lindir Glorfindel's foster son in that one as well?