Reviews for Grim Dawn
ElnaKernor chapter 10 . 7/7
Even if this story is less developed than the UU (of course it is, it's much shorter) it doesn't feel less complete. There's so much to it, but I'll just point out what makes it stand out for me.

We have Remus who doesn't want to defend young!Sirius, not because there's nothing to defend, but because Remus doesn't have the energy to care, to go through that when present!Sirius doesn't deserve it as far as he knows – and Remus would then need to explain he's not defending present!Sirius, etc, so it's really too much and he just can't.

Harry who doesn't like kreacher out of nowhere and after two days because obviously the elf does treat him and Sirius like dirt, so, you know, it's hard to find empathy from that.

Sirius' first assumption, once he's been rescued, is “oh illusions splendid of course you're not my not-friends did you think I'd fall for that?” and even once he starts doubting it he's still cautious just in case they are managing to fool him, his general bitterness at everything.

The fact that the Hunters have none of the true context, so of course they are wrong. They are emotionally compromised and everything tends to what everyone believes. But when Sirius starts telling the truth – not just snapping at them – well. He protected Harry, so that buys him an ear at least, it gives him a chance to convince them.

Harry agrees and understands why he shouldn't tell Ron and Hermione right away (and then he still does it and almost regrets it but thanks for Crookshanks and the fact that Scabbers isn't with Ron). Also, “his friends wouldn't overreact, unlike adults”, *snort* right.

McGonagall as a running-Peter deterrent.

Of course, there's a lot more, but those were the little (or-not-so-little) things that did it for me.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 10 . 6/19
Pettigrew better not escape!
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 1 . 6/19
Why were parts in italics if everything is happening in the present?
Just to let you know you’ve made the entire bottom half bold when I think you only meant to make the writing in the text bold.
Ltbutterfly287 chapter 3 . 4/13
The severe changes of bringing Voldemort back this quickly make zero sense. The ritual used in the tournament was far more complex and required for more work then three simple and fairly easily acquired ingredients. Snape literally had to spend a few months preparing the potion in the cauldron.
kikistimi chapter 10 . 1/17
This was a cool idea and a cool fic, really liked it. Thank you for sharing you work!
BlazeStryker chapter 10 . 12/12/2021
I think this was a well-made story, but there's one and only one reason I must recommend reposting it.

Close the frigging italics, man! That was positively painful when you didn't.
bethb1973 chapter 10 . 11/26/2021
ARGGGGGG! I loved this story and hate to see it end here!

~Beth
Jemma Blackwell chapter 8 . 11/15/2021
I have this HUGE ball of anxiety in my belly - forgetting to breathe when I pictured Sirius with dementors hanging over him. Yikes.
Jemma Blackwell chapter 3 . 11/15/2021
I can't believe Harry would feel safe at Hogwarts after this.
Guest chapter 10 . 7/17/2021
beautiful i love this series since it doesnt have wolfstar in it(im not against it i just like to think of them as brothers
Guest chapter 10 . 6/28/2021
Beautiful story
Zurver chapter 10 . 5/27/2021
I love this, thanks a lot for sharing this
Zurver chapter 10 . 5/27/2021
I lost it here. This has to be the funniest password for Dumbledore’s office. “Exploding Bon-Bon”.
Hahahahhahahhh
Ashlynrose295 chapter 1 . 2/14/2021
oh. oh. This can save Sirius and Harry so much trouble.
Of course, Sirius would always protect Harry no matter what. I loved the short conversation that they had. Harry's dilemma is spot on.
The description of the two roads was wonderful. It was indeed a hard choice.
1,286 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »