Reviews for Concerning him
joycejanik chapter 11 . 3/16/2013
this fic is one of the best Hng fics.. can't remember if i have reviewed this in the past but there... this is super superb.
dittoeevee8888 chapter 11 . 11/12/2011
I actually quite enjoyed the story, though I thought the Sai & Hikaru love relationship was kind of weird.

The epilogue was kind of weird, especially concerning the different style it was written it. it kind of reminded me of a journal-style writing...not that it was bad, just a break from the norm.

The ending of the epilogue gets a bit messy for me, I'm not quite sure what happens...they are back in Japan, and somehow get back into the Japanese Go Association? 'Cause, they'd have to do that if they are able to both play in the Meijin finals...right? I could sort of see it happening, if the Japanese Go Association relented, but...I'm not sure if it's explicitly stated in the end...

Nonetheless, I liked the happy/angst contrast with the epilogue.
StormBrisingr chapter 11 . 11/24/2008
LOL! :P
Tatacolt chapter 11 . 3/2/2008
One of the best stories I've ever read. I don't usually read angsty stories but this one catch my eye and it was just impossible to stop reading. Incredible talent. Thank you
Fire-Metal-Horse17 chapter 11 . 12/9/2007
...wow...

this is an amazingly deep story, thank you for sharing this with all of us readers.

keep writing!
Maedhros chapter 11 . 11/19/2007
I am very glad to have found this story again -I was surprised I didn't find my review among your many admirers, and even more surprised I haven't favourited this story or place it into the CS yet (both of which is corrected :-D) I believe I read this story at least two years ago, shortly after you posted the last chapter. I found AND still find it awe-spiring and since, it has always resided as THAT dark-realistic, insightful, dramatic, piece that really came through.

I didn't have trouble with your English at all! I know there was at least one comment who says there was but I haven't notice. That may be because I'm not sensitive to these things or I just never occured to me because I was deeply woven into your story.

Thank you for the wonderful story. It's one of those pieces of heaven I can always count on to read on a cloudy, thoughtful day.
Morlana chapter 11 . 9/10/2006
I really enjoyed this story. I read it straight through and felt the emotion and am happy they were strong enough to stay together through all the strife from family/friends and peers.
hng fan chapter 11 . 9/2/2006
wow...that was an awesome story...i love the way how it all written as like a recall of their lives and all...

now this story is like one of my fav...please write some more
Kumiko06 chapter 9 . 8/27/2006
I love it very much
dizzy-otaku chapter 2 . 7/18/2006
Omg! *dramtic pose* The father thing really got me![ I can relate to Akira so much!(though I haven't had the horrible experiance with the sexual encounters he had)

I've been rejected the one one I truly love, thrown an outcast by many important loved ones, and I feel as though I need a change as well, though I cannot. [

I so ope that Akira will get better and the Akira Hikaru thingy can work out. I'm rooting for them! .

Also I found a couple mistakes throughout chapters One and Two. If I want to make these corrections how do I send them to you?
dizzy-otaku chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
I CAN NOT believe I did not review your fic. I had read it such a long time ago when I had first came to and it had become an instant favorite! As to how far I got into the fic, I can't remember. But I got pretty far! xD

I plan on rereading this fic and letting you now what I thought. bi bi for now. :3
cidd-chan chapter 11 . 7/16/2006
DAMN MAN did akira fucked up i mean really FUCKED up his life but in the end things turn for the better ehh i can get a 'whoop, whoop' *bg* 'whoop whoop, whoop whoop'
chrisgirl chapter 11 . 7/16/2006
great story!

like it a lot, well done writing!

keep going like that!

chrisgirl
zensho chapter 11 . 10/25/2005
That was a really realistic and sweet story. Mostly people ignore or gloss over the stigma attached to being gay in traditional Asian societies, but your story handled that prejudice and social stigma very well! I enjoyed this tremendously and the sensitive insights you gave to both Touya and Shindou's characters were spot-on. Your English was a little hard to read at first but you got better and better. Your Epilogue was written in almost perfect English, with some extremely sophisticated turns of phrase! AkiHika is one of my favourite pairings and you've done this couple justice. Thank you so much for writing this. It must have taken so much effort on your part. Cheers!
kaitou-marron chapter 11 . 9/10/2005
That was the most disturbing portrait of a future Akira I have ever read… I’m actually here to praise you, so sit tight. That being said, somehow I found myself being drawn into this darker Hikago world you’ve created. I understand that English isn’t your native language, but I have to be honest; there were many mistakes. Additionally, many sentences were a bit awkwardly put together (word choice and ordering of phrases). This is the point that I usually stop reading a ff (I’m picky), but for some reason I found myself captivated by your tale. Although your English isn’t the best, your descriptions are very vivid, and the intent is still very clear. You did improve near the end of the story (whether it be the betas or the increasing familiarity with the flow of English). It was a very original idea, I must say.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »