Reviews for Changes In the Band
Queen NekoChan chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
...Have her try to march with a french horn :D It's been done before in my band. She actually had to march like a drummer though, to have her bell facing the audience.
Akane Rising chapter 26 . 12/29/2010
I love this story so much, I first start reading it in 2006 and just remembered it randomly today and reread it all! I hope you will continue, I know how hard it is to update while in college but I really want to know what happens :) I'm a senior in college now and this takes me back to the days when I was in high school marching band... the good times!
Anoymous chapter 9 . 8/11/2009
I just wanted to say thank you for writing this story. This is somewhat happened to me when i was in band. We didnt have a close relationship but i was at the time afraid to tell anybody for obvious reasons. When i was reading your story i found myself tearing up at some moments because that was exactly what happened to me and him. He wasnt a band director lol so dont worry ) he was a band tech. He would be the clean up for the band. Well turns out me and him are getting married in dec. but we started out almost like your story. We had our ups and downs like most couples do but in the end we were happy and still are ) thank you.
Robertdowneyjrlvr15 chapter 26 . 7/17/2009
hey keep going!
That-Guard-Girl chapter 26 . 7/12/2009
Great job! I enjoyed the chapter immensely, and am glad that you are adjusting the age (again, not that I think it's wrong, it's just more believable when the student is older.) I have liked this story from the beginning, and I am very glad that you have written more!

Oh, random nitpick: when Fern was describing band class, you had an "(insert drum major's name)" instead of the name.
Amani Ishikawa chapter 26 . 7/11/2009
I find it amazing that you were only 13 when you first began this story. I thought you were a little older than that based on your writing style. Kudos for tricking an English teacher!

Mr. Dempsey really reminds me of my own music teacher back in high school - he was fresh out of college, cute, and rather a friend of mine (with its obvious limitations, of course). The whole neat and organized thing you had described SCREAMED my band teacher. LOL On a side note, I still keep in touch with him.

And I understand the whole college thing. I just graduated with my BS in Education and I worked a full time job while I was taking a full load of classes. I didn't have a lot of time to update my stories, either. I have a co-worker at my summer job who is a music major, and there really is a lot to it!

I've been reading this story since the beginning and I can't tell you how much I've loved it! I hope you work on this more over the summer because I enjoy the relationship between Fern and David. Keep writing! :)
Robertdowneyjrlvr15 chapter 25 . 5/13/2009
hey im new to reading this story its amazing keep it up hope to see another chapter soon!
music4life2009 chapter 25 . 4/23/2009
hey! PLEASE UPDATE soon! lol i love your story!
Misty Addams chapter 25 . 8/16/2008
You jerk! You couldn't make the chapter last a LITTLE longer? Ha, just kidding. Awesome to see an update...sorry I ever doubted you :( Yea, this fic is pretty much the only reason I'm ever on this site anymore...so...feel special :) You're an excellent writer, and I look forward to further updates...any idea how many more chapters there are going to be, just out of curiosity? Best of luck in college...warning: you're going to have a blast! Small tip: if you're living in a dorm, don't forget flip flops to wear in the shower...otherwise you're first few showers will be QUITE unpleasant ;)
Nikota chapter 25 . 8/16/2008
wow, I'm so happy you finaly put another one out. The coolest thing about this story is I feel so similar to Fern. No, I am not in love with my band director, her being a girl in the first place, but my life is similar to hers. The way you ended the chapter wasn't fair though. You sure left a cliff hanger; I hope you write again soon.
Amyjenc1 chapter 25 . 8/6/2008
We Your alive!

Welcome back! Great Chapter!
Amrun chapter 25 . 8/6/2008
omg i hate you cakin. how could you leave such a horrible cliff hanger?

i demand to be told what happens RIGHT NOW. P

jk

Srsly, not another 6 months, thanks. Do it before school or we won't see it until winter break!

- Erin
crashxintoxme chapter 25 . 8/6/2008
Hey,

Nice work. I'm just glad to see that you're not abandoning this. :] Good luck with your major. I have band camp next week (i'm still in high school) and let me just say #1 music is so not for the faint of heart #2 ... i swear i'm practically in Ferns situation. GO FIGURE. :]
Misty Addams chapter 24 . 7/28/2008
Has this been abandoned? That'd be a shame. I've committed like 5 years to this fic :P
Sheik chapter 24 . 6/2/2008
I recently started reading this and I really enjoy your writing style-I can't wait to read what more happens in her life! I hope for an update soon!