Reviews for A Fallen Candle's Flame
Terinka chapter 5 . 8/23/2014
"Let them see." - this is SO beautiful T_T I think I'm gonna cry :D. Thank you for this story *_* 3
03hermione1992 chapter 5 . 3/28/2014
This was amazing! You are a great writer!
Phanstarlight chapter 5 . 1/30/2014
This is honestly one of the most amazing things I have ever read :D
Chamelaucium chapter 5 . 5/20/2013
This is so beautiful. Truly, truly wonderful! I cried and laughed as I read this, and I can honestly say it was a delight to read and is a work of art. Really it is. Thank you so much for this amazing piece! Definitely going on my favourites list. :)
niley4eva2012 chapter 5 . 12/28/2012
Wow! What an amazing story! I really enjoyed reading this and wished it wasn't over. Very good job! :)
Ishtar205 chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
I loved it very much !
TheFantasticPhantomWriter chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
I really have no words for how absolutely fantastic this was. There was so much love in the story, even though it was rated M. I find that sometimes people forget to include affection and instead try to substitute it all with sex.

The writing was amazing as well. Loved the flow and the use of words, as well as the way the characters spoke.

Best I've read!
The Behemoth chapter 5 . 1/6/2012
This was al so wonderful! I especially loved Frodo's maturation over the three years, and how is boughts of passion turned into something more silent but wise and beautiful. You are a wonderful writer. :)
kati chapter 5 . 4/30/2010
Wow, this story is a miracle!:D It's so incredibly well-written, and cleverly thought-out and so wonderfully romantic! I really liked the analogies between Bilbo's three translations and the individual chapters of your story, and Frodo's gradual self-discovery, which is both universal and really modern, but you write it in such an arrestingly plausible way that I could actually believe it happening in the Shire;) and I also really- really liked your experienced-yet-innocent Sam, well, you know, I just like the whole story. period.
(And did you mention fennelseed and elderberries on purpose? That's so sweet :D)
Borednbrowsing chapter 5 . 11/16/2009
Long and enjoyable read, though it had so much tension! I'm so glad it ended happily! :)
Winter's Bane chapter 5 . 4/20/2006
I never thought anyone could pull it off. You did.

I've always been a strong believer that Frodo and Sam are absolutely not gay. There's a certain beauty and love of brothers between them that's always pulled at my heart strings, but nothing more.

Also, I've scorned slash as something terribly disrespectful to any characters. I have nothing against homosexuals, but "mucking with characters" never fitted right with me.

Until now.

I don't know why I actually read this story. A good friend pleaded with me too forever, and I did read it-with a very closed mind.

It took me by surprise.

I still hold strongly the the belief that Tolkien created Frodo and Sam straight. However, I have to admit that this story you've created changed for me, at least, my view on the slash subject.

It's really more of a "what if" thing for me. "What if" they really were in love? How would that change things? I don't know, but like everything else in literature it should be explored.

This story is a work of art-truly, it's beautiful. I've greatly enjoyed it.

So I thank you for opening my mind and giving me such a delightful story to read.

WB
Dana chapter 5 . 4/7/2005
OMG - I can't believe I missed this story. I am a fan of your writing, and was not aware that you also posted to This story took my breath away - so wonderfully loving, and painful, and romantic, and just fabulous. Thank you so, so much for writing Sam/Frodo. You captured the essence of how it feels when you have truly lost your heart to someone so completely. Wonderful ending :)
Milja chapter 5 . 3/29/2004
Ooh, how wonderful. Your portrayal of Bilbo is among the best I have ever read. Also, the phrase 'oil-slicked libertine tied to a cow-stay' made me snicker :)
nursej chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
man. I feel like a fool. I read this long ago but I never took the time to review. It was the most wonderful story i've ever read. I loved it. You're talented. Very very VERY talented, my dear. Good job.
pigwedgion chapter 5 . 2/16/2004
this is such a beautiful and fabulous story! I loved every word of it!