Reviews for The Mantle of Stone
Mirach chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Beautiful jewel among the stories! I feel like having the sight of Argonath before my eyes, the kings of old in their glory. And between them in the light of the morning sky stands Aragorn son of Arathorn, the heir of kings, tall and proud. It's such a powerful picture that I think I'm going to draw it...

I love the way how you potray him through the eyes of a Gondorian man that doesn't know his identity and the predicament you get Aragorn into. Yes... He is King. Nothing more needs to be said. Thank you for the beautiful moments while reading your story!

Mirach
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
omg! this is soo nice! i love this fic! it's so awesome and touching! made me want to cry! i love the way you portrayed aragorn,a nd hte nameless ssoldier who loves gondor!
Gwenneth Tinuiel chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
well... i liked it. One question... who is the man that was from the white city? Someone planned or someone random out of your head?
silverymare chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Our minds can only lead to one thought. That Aragorn, Sorn of Arathorn was the one who was striding through the bush to go to an unknown destination, and somehom stumble upon a casual stranger.

To have been wary, and curious at the man's nature and questions, he would have stopped for a moment. And to look at the Argonath, which he passes by in the Lorien boats.

Wow.. I've read this story before, and having just gone through the journey of the Fellowship once more on my DVD player, it was a great piece to wonder about.

Great fic, and I want more intriguing, questioning stories like this. (smile)
Ainu Laire chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
That was brilliant! I really enjoyed it; unique and a perfect flow.
Nell Marie chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
It is up! I can't believe I missed it, I'm so sorry.
This is such an original piece, and it is a wonderful perspective to use that really shows how Aragorn's claiming of the throne would have affected the ordinary people of Gondor - the ones who would never know him. The descriptions are rich and vivid and bring out the grandeur of the Argonath so perfectly. I'm completely jealous of your way with words!
NM
Marnie chapter 1 . 11/14/2003
Really liked it! I loved the idea of a traveller not accepting that a flesh and blood king could ever measure up to the greatness of the Argonath. That *is* one of the reactions the Argonath inspires, I think. And Aragorn... he was perfect. He *did* measure up in some way which I can't quite define.

Absolutely spot on description of him; I could hear Vigo saying the lines. Especially 'His skills are adequate'. That one just nails it! And congratulations on *not* doing the 'and suddenly I realized he had the face of Anarion' thing which I was half expecting ;)

The ironic end was much, much better than that - the fact that he *didn't* recognise his king, but still decided that 'Hope' was eternal like the Argonath. That's almost unbearably good! What a masterstoke :)
alena chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
Wow, this is wonderful! There is something very, very like Tolkien about it, both in tone and in several deeper ways that I'm not sure I know how to describe...And the characterization-absolutely amazing.
Rose Red2 chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
OOh, what a unique fic. :)

The way you introduce details slowly is quite nice and keeps the reader guessing, very subtly. Characterization is lovely, lovely. ;D

Great stuff!
Landorie chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
All I can say is...Beautiful...
Nemis chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Wonderful description combined with the exploration of some interesting issues. You sketch a very colourful picture of Gondor and it's history; at the same time eternal and yet not immortal.

Both a mysterious and an amusing piece. Well done! :)
Ivy chapter 1 . 10/22/2003
Great story!

You have a way with words and descriptions and I liked the fact that he was talking to Aragorn without his knowledge. The description of Aragorn was true to his character and I really enjoyed this!
Coolio02 chapter 1 . 10/21/2003
Wow, excellent story! This was awesome! Good job!:)