Reviews for Don't Speak
Tara Walden chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
AW! Will she ever tell him? She has to! They deserve whatever happiness they can get.

They're perfect for each other and it's time that she grew up and realized that. He cares about her more than he does breathing. If she said breathing was overrated, he'd turn purple from lack of oxygen. If she told him to jump off of a cliff, he would, just to make her happy. So what does she do? She keeps her love for him a secret, hurting herself and him.

People are just so stupid sometimes! Happiness is right there within their grasp and they refuse to reach out for it because they're too scared. And not just with love. With everything! People in general are too afraid to take risks for fear of getting hurt or of failing. It's terrible!

How much more happier could people be if they would just face their fears and go for it. Try for their dreams, their goals, their aspirations. Is it not better to have tried than to forever deal with 'what ifs' and 'if onlys'? Is it not better to have lived with risk than to have risked never living?

So many times, people throw away their happiness because they don't try, won't try, are too afraid to try. Why? Why can't they see that life without risk, without going out on a limb for what you want, without trying for your dreams, isn't hardly worth living at all because you've trapped yourself in a gilded cage of security.

Life is meant to be lived fully and abundantly. You can't do that wrapped inside of a security blanket. You must cast of that blanket and try for your dreams. No matter what happens, you'll have at least learned that it wouldn't have worked out. You still would have had the experience and you wouldn't have to question yourself.

Carpe diem. Seize the day. Live to the fullest and enjoy your life with such passion and joy that all the world may look at you in envy, wondering how you do it. How you put so much into every day of your life. How you live a life worth living.

... Ahem... Well... Sorry about that little tirade... I meant to just write one or two lines, but what you wrote, it really hit me and compelled me. heh heh. You are an amazing writer and you totally got a reaction out of me, obviously. Never stop writing for you truly have a gift. _

Creative Spark chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
poor Dick. Life does suck for him.

-Creative Spark
moonheart chapter 1 . 7/19/2001
That was good u should write more.
James Cowley chapter 1 . 4/5/2001
Great story

im surfing for stuff to suprise a friens with but this story is great ive already Downloaded it and im keeping a copy

and once again for good measure great story
John Westcott chapter 1 . 1/7/2001
Okay, speaking as a comics fan first, I must say that Babs was completely in character throughout. The setup was nicely done as well and perfectly plausible when it comes to having Babs overhead Dick's true thoughts. Dick was also nicely handled, I;m pretty sure that's how DC would write him saying stuff like that. Now, speaking as a guy, I didn't think it was too sappy, not with the way it ended. It would have been too sappy if she contacted him before he cut the transmission and they expressed their love finally instead of missing one another. On another note, Dick must be a saint (or at least a fictional character lol), cause I can't imagine any guy waiting that long after being pushed away so much. I think most guys would finally take the "we're friends" message finally and search for love elsewhere. Yes, I am happily involved with a woman lol, I'd do anything for her, but if she kept giving me the "we're friends" treatment, and that's all we can ever be, I would let her be because that's what she said she wanted. of course, I guess the premise here is that Dick knows she really loves him, and that makes a difference. Great writing Noel! Consider youself added to my fave authors list. :)
Jade Daniels chapter 1 . 1/6/2001
Wonderful! A moving pieces reflecting on Bab's thoughts. _
Gina Ivy chapter 1 . 1/4/2001
Taking the bitter with the sweet is part of true love. You have captured the tortured heart of Nightwing perfectly. This is not only romantic but realistic. I think this is your best work to date and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
knight Girl chapter 1 . 1/2/2001
teazer chapter 1 . 1/2/2001
Plot...hmm, this piece was more of a piece that fowarded (or not, depending on how you see it) their relationship. Actually it deepened it more. Was not really a story that need a plot.

Or maybe i just do not know what a "plot" is...though again, a great story that i had to reread.

and waiting for the next story.
Mel chapter 1 . 1/1/2001
Please! the rest of these please have let him heard her!
Greg Wade chapter 1 . 1/1/2001
I'm glad Oracle isn't my girlfriend, this is a dirty trick to pull. You make her seem quite the .
Zachary chapter 1 . 1/1/2001
This sadly lacks in plot, which is to bad because it was fairly well written.
Batgirl chapter 1 . 1/1/2001
Love the story! Excellent. You are a very good writer! Bravo! Will you write a sequel?
Starlight chapter 1 . 12/31/2000
Wow. I am impressed. This is the first story (other than one of her own-long story) where I have seen Syl Francis write a reveiw. I'm aware she reads stories too, but after seeing her review, I had to read this. And it was worth it, too. I almost cried, and that happens *rarely*. Write more! Write more!
Alex Foster chapter 1 . 12/31/2000