Reviews for Luthien's Flute
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 17 . 1/31/2013
I love eldarion and ithiliwen's reuion !
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 16 . 1/31/2013
this chapter scared me half to death because galadwen was about to get raped by a guy that was supposedly her husband. I'm glad legolas saved her just in time even though he was a jerk earlier in the story. :)
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 14 . 1/30/2013
I feel sorry for galadwen for the way things turned out with her and legolas that night;if I was a guy that's what I would've done.I would have done anything to make her happy even kissing her but, I would tell her the truth about my emotions for her unlike legolas. in that scene he was just a big jerk to galadwen.
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 12 . 1/27/2013
I love how you had arwen and aragorn make up.I couldn't think of a better way to do it job at making arwen completely mad at aragorn in this going!:)
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 11 . 1/26/2013
this is the most emotional meeting between aragorn and arwen I have ever writing you are really because you cant get out of a writers block doesn't mean you need to stop to get through the really bad idea's and you will eventually find a good idea.
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 10 . 1/26/2013
this chapter is the saddest one.I almost cried for arwen and her situation.
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 6 . 1/26/2013
this was a chapter i liked the most so far. I cant understand how a mother can sell her own son. It sickens me. awesome plot so far!
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 4 . 1/26/2013
I like how you brought eldarion and ithiliwen together. it is kind of funny that the two constantly made fun of each other and yet fell in love.
SpockandNyota7368 chapter 3 . 1/26/2013
this chapter was keeping me on edge the entire time. I love how gave galadwen the great hope of seeing a familiar face again.
An Aspiring Author chapter 18 . 5/21/2008
awesome story! i love all the fluff! im going straight to the sequel!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
If only Arwen had continued with Aragorn in that little sitting room!
LadyOfTheCelticLand chapter 13 . 8/26/2007
i'm re-reading this.

good job, as always.

i'm about to give you a barrage of constructive critisism, okay? you have some amazing stuff. it's only because with a bit of work, it could be spectacular that i'm doing this. PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED!

read it outloud. don't be afraid to add commas. sometimes you need them and don't have them. like, for example...

you have something like : "stop right there young lady." there should be a comma between there and young. if you read it out loud, slowly, you'll see...if you aren't finding any, a general aid: if you're addressing someone, there should be a comma separating their name/title from the actual message. sometimes, also, there are commas before conjunctions, too - especially before "but."

oh, and I don't think the "d" word was used in middle earth...nor did they have ministers. they had priests though, i think...there's a difference. ministers are directly related to christianity. and, no Christ in Middle earth...so...

and pay careful attention to words that sound the same. brake, break, deer and dear, (oh, and in chapter 16, you put "tale" instead of "trail"...)...

check your apostrophies - sometimes you forget to put the " ' " into won't and other similiar words.

as far as the actual story goes, your use of the phrase "he treated her..." or vice versa is nice, but it gets boring after reading it many times. so is the seductive voice where not needed. (specifically, in chapter 17, where Ithiliwen goes thru the dramatics only to give Eldarion the sexy voice. it seems unlikely in this case.)

and it's so sweet to have Legolas admit his love like that to Galadwen after the sorcerer was killed, but that's not really what a guy would do. if he really liked her and they were allowed to be with each other, yes. but even if they were very concerned, if they weren't "allowed" to love the girl, they wouldn't declare it - or kiss them or make any romantic promises to them. say stuff like "i was so scared for you!", yes, but not the "i love you/i won't leave you..."...try to rephrase for a more compelling story, k? plus, holding off on the i-love-yous makes the audience yearn that much more for it, and feel the sharpness of the pain all the more keenly. if you really want to manipulate us, make us wait and work for it!

you have a lot of spelling mistakes and careless phrasing in chapter 18 (SORRY! didn't mean it to be nasty. that's just how it's classified. nothing against you). don't rush through the spelling to write the story - look at it carefully. do you have all the correct tenses of the words? wove instead of weaved, for example?...and some indentation stuff to work on...

don't repeat those trademark phrases too often. "it wasn't meant to be." it's a very poignant phrase. using it too often only cheapens it. especially if they keep on coming back and telling it to each other again, in amicable terms to boot! if he really wanted to stay away from her, he would not be so effusively friendly (winking, for instance.) he would be wanting to distance himself from her so that she wouldn't have to gaze upon him more than nessecary.

frantically (i *think*). not franticly, that much i know.

okay, i'm reading the sequel now.

i'll send this...

hope it's helpful!

again, fantastic story! i love the romance and the tenderness.
strapped to a comet chapter 18 . 9/2/2004
Yay! The got married! The ceremony was really cool, I like how you described it! I feel so sad for Galadwen and Legolas, I hope he changes his fate, I can't wait to get started on No Turning Back! GREAT ending, even the sad! Off to read NTB! Can't wait!

strapped to a comet chapter 17 . 9/2/2004
Ooh, that's so sweet! I am so happy now that they are together in Rohan! I hope they get married soon! And I hope that Legolas comes back! I'm hoping too much, meh. GREAT chapter, you tied up very HAPPY loose ends, thank you, but there's one more to go, so onward say I! That sounds corny...

strapped to a comet chapter 16 . 9/1/2004
Oh, that's so sad. Stupid sorcerer trying to take Legolas's girl. I am soo glad that he came, of course he had to, he loved her for crying out loud. But alas, ti's forbidden love, that's the worse, and the best. GREAT chapter, I am so glad that they admitted their love!