Reviews for The Mating Game
lachender chapter 12 . 1/15
Their behaviour seems a bit off, Hermione behaves very selfishly, while Severus is showing the over the top patience. Hermione proposed to him, it was her choice to marry him and not someone else, and she couldn't even manage to kiss her husband first for weeks? She snaps at him, she thinks that he is manipulating her, but to what end? What would be the point of it? And why does she want to get pregnant so fast. While it is the goal of their marriage because of the law, I don't see how getting pregnant faster would be of benefit. It is not like she married him because she wanted a child. This way it is not her fault for not having one, so what's the rush?
But mainly I'm worried that they are getting more and more ooc with every chapter.
lachender chapter 5 . 1/15
That's an interesting turn of the Marriage Law. I'm looking forward to see how it goes from here.
The only thing that seemed a bit ooc was the 'attachment parenting' part. While I have no doubt that Hermione would be a good mother, I don't think she would be the kind of mother that can't separate from the child and deprives said child of the ability to learn to communicate to other grown ups and children better.
Besides, considering that Snape would be busy teaching for the most of the day, it would deprive her of the ability to study and work, which again seems very OOC for Hermione. I would expect her to be more of a rational mother type.
Lady Sundowne chapter 11 . 11/23/2020
I'm not trying to be hypercritical here, but your characters are complete opposite in their OOC. You have Hermione as the snarky, rude one and Severus just taking it. After she rudely told him to just show it to her I can't see him calmly saying "yes dear"and then asking her not to get mad at him. After they've been married several years maybe, but not now in the beginning when they don't know each other. But this is just my opinion, probably one of many.
Artisticmom2 chapter 23 . 11/5/2020
A very sweet story!
Jen chapter 1 . 4/18/2020
I really enjoyed this story. I really liked how Snape was with this family.
Claude Amelia Song chapter 5 . 4/15/2020
I love this story! This chapter made me smile so much. I love it.
lilsis15 chapter 23 . 7/2/2019
Great story, very well written.
Annon chapter 5 . 12/16/2018
I love that Snape had his house elf respond to his proposals. It was very funny and perfectly wriiten.
RockfordGirl26 chapter 1 . 12/4/2018
I absolutely love this story! Great job!
jenkent chapter 23 . 8/22/2018
When I started this story, I thought it would be close to the marriage law stories I've read, I was wrong. You took a very unique spin. I enjoyed it very much. Some of it was hard to read since my husband and I are still in the trying phase of starting a family, but I think that's also what made me like it. It was fiction but had the heart of true stories in it. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, great job and sorry for my rambling.
Guest chapter 23 . 6/17/2018
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.
Bmxknsl chapter 14 . 8/28/2017
Honestly, I've hated hermione's attitude all through this. It's like she and Snape have switched characteristics. She's been an ass more of the time. It's saddening.
Guest chapter 23 . 6/7/2017
Beautiful story!
Guest chapter 23 . 5/6/2017
To much fluff. Then again i must not complain. Yet i do. There should not be a dead child and that was it. There should be 1unhappy lesbian ; 1child severely disabled ; 1really unhappy marriage with unhappy children. At least.
Yet fluff. Yet, you are to good a writer to just write fluff... Then again, who am i to complain...
Guest chapter 18 . 5/6/2017
That is a good name. Thanks.
:-)